Boom! Dow rockets 600 points higher!

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
After it fell about 1000 pts. Okay.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. The track record ain't good, of late.
I will say, the company I work for is doing quite fine. I work for Jeff Yass. Look him up.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001

It’s interesting because I assume the market thinks today’s GDP number will limit the Fed rate hikes.

That’s good news for me because I’d prefer some inflation over a cratering stock market.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Capture15.png

Reactions: Hotshoe

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
It’s interesting because I assume the market thinks today’s GDP number will limit the Fed rate hikes.

That’s good news for me because I’d prefer some inflation over a cratering stock market.
I would agree with that.

We_Are

May 29, 2001

Dearest Glenda...the cratering stock market will come with the pending recession...caused by current historic inflation...But you keep a stiff upper lip sunshine....

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

That's the type of assumption I'd expect from you.

Rates are higher today.

A recession would crater the stock market.

Nice work Nj. Still stupid.

LdN

Reactions: Hotshoe

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Did your friends tell you they were about to be homeless because of inflation?

No. Today I spent the day with my wealthy friends. We played golf and then had a beer. Talked some about leftwing corruption, such as creating racism when there was little to no racism. We realize that once they've turned balanced people into noticing skin color, Democrats can then claim that they were right about racism.

The poor to moderate incomes in my life are getting crushed by inflation. It will affect me too, but I know what to expect now. They do not. I understand the Democratic plot to redistribute the wealth of the middle class, as they hide and deceive people through deflections like "systemic racism." I know to expect a decline in living standards for retirees as Democrats destroy the value of paper assets. It's the only way to pay for their programs.

I know what's going to happen when millions of people who don't speak English overwhelm schools and medical facilities. Nothing is free, though Dems claim things can be free. They say they will tax the wealthy but then instead tax the poor and middle class by printing money.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
I know what's going to happen when millions of people who don't speak English overwhelm schools and medical facilities. Nothing is free, though Dems claim things can be free. They say they will tax the wealthy but then instead tax the poor and middle class by printing money.
How to tell us you are racist without telling us you are racist.

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
No. Today I spent the day with my wealthy friends. We played golf and then had a beer. Talked some about leftwing corruption, such as creating racism when there was little to no racism. We realize that once they've turned balanced people into noticing skin color, Democrats can then claim that they were right about racism.

The poor to moderate incomes in my life are getting crushed by inflation. It will affect me too, but I know what to expect now. They do not. I understand the Democratic plot to redistribute the wealth of the middle class, as they hide and deceive people through deflections like "systemic racism." I know to expect a decline in living standards for retirees as Democrats destroy the value of paper assets. It's the only way to pay for their programs.

Nj finds himself in the same boat as the other poor to moderate income. He is too arrogant to admit it.

Last edited:

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
How to tell us you are racist without telling us you are racist.

That has nothing to do with racism. If you can't see what's going on, you're dumber than we thought.

Many of the moderate voters are now voting R. The D feel their only hope to win future elections is to open the borders.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
That has nothing to do with racism. If you can't see what's going on, you're dumber than we thought.

Many of the moderate voters are now voting R. The D feel their only hope to win future elections is to open the borders.
They just got the most votes in history a year and a half ago.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
They just got the most votes in history a year and a half ago.

We can argue whether all of those votes were real. What is inarguable is that people were fooled. They did not realize that they were voting for Marxists. They thought they were voting for moderates. It was a colossal deception.

When you do nothing about inflation except to exacerbate it. When you do nothing to secure the border and instead inundate the country with illegals. When you release criminals to commit crimes over and over again. When your spending priorities are based on your polling numbers. Well, it's pretty hard to hide all of this stuff.

Dems will have to bribe voters and probably ballot harvest to prevent the loss of Congressional power. I am not sure that it will matter that much at this point. So much more damage can be done over the next 9 months. It will probably be insurmountable.

Reactions: Sullivan

terrapin01

Aug 11, 2017
I’m already retired and I’m pretty young for this board . :cool:
You “retired“ because your wife supports you and you are not employable.
you spend your days at fast food joints looking for bargains.
the rest of the time you spend on here trying to be “important”
you are basically a joke…

Reactions: bison13

Petch

Mar 28, 2012

Don’t expect NJ to understand basic facts or logic.

He’s old and not too bright…like his president!

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
Haha…well quitting your job is usually how most people retire.

You jealous? :cool:

Definitely not jealous. There are two reasons why I don't retire:

1. I make decent money for someone who lives a modest lifestyle. I'm on track to make more than a million this year. I'm young, and there is no reason to want to stop making money.

2. I plan to live a long life, and never want to outlive my savings. There are a lot of people who are getting crushed right now with high inflation, and the markets being down. I want to lower the possibility that I'm ever in that position.

Last edited:

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Definitely not jealous. There are two reasons why I don't retire:

1. I make decent money for someone who lives a modest lifestyle. I'm on track to make more than a million this year. I'm young, and there is no reason to want to stop making money.

2. I plan to live a long life, and never want to outlive my savings. There are a lot of people who are getting crushed right now with high inflation, and the markets down. I want to lower the possibility that I'm ever in that position.
First you claimed you are black now you claim you earn a million dollars a year yet you are worried about outliving your savings. The next thing you know you are gonna tell me Trump won the election. :rolleyes:

We_Are

May 29, 2001
First you claimed you are black now you claim you earn a million dollars a year yet you are worried about outliving your savings. The next thing you know you are gonna tell me Trump won the election. :rolleyes:

Wow...Claimed she was a floppy titted Obama supporter...then claimed he/she worked in the public sector, then a "peer to peer" lender, and now an independently successful options trader that eats at McDonalds and is buying ibonds...lulz

Next thing you know he/she will be telling us that the Build Back Better thing is Killing It 🤣

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Wow...Claimed she was a floppy titted Obama supporter...then claimed he/she worked in the public sector, then a "peer to peer" lender, and now an independently successful options trader that eats at McDonalds and is buying ibonds...lulz

Next thing you know he/she will be telling us that the Build Back Better thing is Killing It 🤣
1. Never claimed I was a woman. There were people here who used to pretend or think I was a woman.
2. I never claimed I worked in the public sector. My wife works in the public sector. I’ve said many times I was employed in the private sector my entire career until I retired.
3. Not sure what the peer to peer lender thing is other than I once discussed possibly investing in Lending Club?
4. Yes I took up option trading while working from home during Covid and was pretty successful with it
5. Yes I like fast food
6. Yes I maxed out I bonds in 2021 and 2022

We_Are

May 29, 2001
1. Never claimed I was a woman. There were people here who used to pretend or think I was a woman.
2. I never claimed I worked in the public sector. My wife works in the public sector. I’ve said many times I was employed in the private sector my entire career until I retired.
3. Not sure what the peer to peer lender thing is other than I once discussed possibly investing in Lending Club?
4. Yes I took up option trading while working from home during Covid and was pretty successful with it
5. Yes I like fast food
6. Yes I maxed out I bonds in 2021 and 2022
Hate to tell you Sunshine...but your wife's been using your account...Lulz.

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001

No, I’m not black.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Hate to tell you Sunshine...but your wife's been using your account...Lulz.

Unlike some of the other leftists here, I think @NJPSU generally tells the truth as he sees the world. But like Jim Acosta taking text messages out of context, @NJPSU will do the same sort of thing to further the cause of the Left.

What I can't figure is the WHY?

What motivates one who has access to information from both sides to then choose extreme leftism? Is it because his wife is a government employee, or is it because he comes from a Democrat family/neighborhood? There has to be a reason. I am always more interested in the reasons behind something beyond the facts on the surface. It's like asking why the networks are leftists. I find that their parent companies want business in China.

My guess is that leftwing policies have enabled @NJPSU to retire at a ridiculously early age. He thinks that is good, i.e., that all could do the same if we just had more leftism. Or perhaps he is instead like the elites. Good for me but not for thee.

Reactions: GSPMax and Sullivan

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Unlike some of the other leftists here, I think @NJPSU generally tells the truth as he sees the world. But like Jim Acosta taking text messages out of context, @NJPSU will do the same sort of thing to further the cause of the Left.

What I can't figure is the WHY?

What motivates one who has access to information from both sides to then choose extreme leftism? Is it because his wife is a government employee, or is it because he comes from a Democrat family/neighborhood? There has to be a reason. I am always more interested in the reasons behind something beyond the facts on the surface. It's like asking why the networks are leftists. I find that their parent companies want business in China.

My guess is that leftwing policies have enabled @NJPSU to retire at a ridiculously early age. He thinks that is good, i.e., that all could do the same if we just had more leftism. Or perhaps he is instead like the elites. Good for me but not for thee.

NJ suffers from a mental disease from living in NJ his entire life.

He truly thinks there are millions of white people who hate black/dark people in the red states.
Along with a coastal self view of superiority. The entire thing reminds me of the white room scene in thx1186

This drives a lot of his action.

LdN

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
NJ suffers from a mental disease from living in NJ his entire life.

He truly thinks there are millions of white people who hate black/dark people in the red states.
Along with a coastal self view of superiority. The entire thing reminds me of the white room scene in thx1186

This drives a lot of his action.

LdN

You are right. I had forgotten about the coastal elitism that rings through posts from @NJPSU and @PaoliLion.

Their views are rather close-minded. They do not understand those things for which they have no exposure. This makes sense. It's no different than views coming from people that watch only network TV or CNN/MSNBC for their news feed. If they ever hear from the other side after being firmly indoctrinated it sounds like hate-speech to them.