ADVERTISEMENT

BOLD Predictions for Nationals

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
So b!tch week is over (ie the week between conferences and nationals week) and its time for BOLD predictions.

Not BOLD predictions..
1. Penn State Wins team title
2. PSU goes 5-0 on Friday night
3. HR melts down after a bad round and 2 threads pop up calling for firing TnT
4. ESPN does a better job streaming than flo

BOLD predictions
1. PSU loses the team title
2. PSU goes 7-0 on Friday night
3. HR bans the use of Carl on its site
4. pick a >14th seed or lower to turn a bracket upside down

So b!tch week is over (ie the week between conferences and nationals week) and its time for BOLD predictions.

Not BOLD predictions..
1. Penn State Wins team title
2. PSU goes 5-0 on Friday night
3. HR melts down after a bad round and 2 threads pop up calling for firing TnT
4. ESPN does a better job streaming than flo

BOLD predictions
1. PSU loses the team title
2. PSU goes 7-0 on Friday night
3. HR bans the use of Carl on its site
4. pick a >14th seed or lower to turn a bracket upside down

I would consider PSU going 5-0 on Friday night a bold prediction since I think we will have 7 in the semis. Agree that going 7-0 on Friday night is bold but 6-1 would not surprise me in the least.

Anyone who knows Pburgh knows this may be the boldest prediction of all. Driving those damn tunnels is like a living hell.

I loved going thru the Squirrel Hill Tunnel. Country right into the city. Of course, that was when I was a kid in the 60s. A little more crowded these days. :(

Kaid Brock places top 5.
Rutgers does not have a finalist.
Stoll places top 8.
Lizak pulls a Lizak and places top 5.
Berge places top 5.
Micah wins 149.
Tan Tom refuses an interview.
Bresser makes the finals.
Nick Lee makes the finals.
Degen places top 6.
Raptor mentions Lemon Pie and how his faith and admiration is what carried him through.
Dake isn't shown at all on tv
Randy Lewis is there but not drunk.

Tan Tom refuses an interview.
Dake isn't shown at all on tv

He said bold, not physically impossible.

I concur
inconceivable_princess_bride.gif

1) 6 seed Dhesi “big brothers” Gable Stevenson, upsetting the phenom in the quarters.

2) Tom Ryan keeps & saves all 3 of his challenges for the medal round + finals on Saturday.

3) Tom & Terry Brands never get out of their chairs and walk onto the mat during action.

1) 6 seed Dhesi “big brothers” Gable Stevenson, upsetting the phenom in the quarters.

2) Tom Ryan keeps & saves all 3 of his challenges for the medal round + finals on Saturday.

3) Tom & Terry Brands never get out of their chairs and walk onto the mat during action.

Well done
200.gif

Reactions: diggerpup
Austin DeSanto throws a punch at one of the Brands Bros. after losing , later transferring to Rutgers and him and Suri become best friends

Reactions: danoftw
I'll throw a few fun ones in:

1. ESPN announcer on Saturday erroneously says Nick Lee is Spencer's older brother and Spencer didn't want to follow in his footsteps and that's why he went to Iowa instead of Penn State.

2. Zain is given a shoutout sometime during the weekend, his name is spelled "Zane"

3. ESPN hypes up Berger's tweet before the Finals to make it seem like a big deal without realizing Berger's career performance against Jason.

4. JVB gets a dose of pain Round II with Jason, Jason and him embrace and during the handshake, Jason gets lip read as saying "You're good man"

5. Nick Suriano does one of those interviews that are posted on the NCAA Wrestling twitter page (I love those actually, they're touching a lot of times) and just goes on a tangent again of why he left Penn State for Rutgers and why he's so happy.

6. Speaking of Nick, after losing to Fix in the finals, Suriano says "he's still growing" hinting a move up to 141.

7. Every time Rasheed steps on the mat for a match, the announcer (regardless of which wrestling platform) reminds us that he MFF'ed the B1G finals.

8. ESPN says PSU dynasty is over because Nolf, Nickal, Cassar, Rasheed (never mind the latter 2 might come back) are leaving and says they REALLY mean it this time.

9. Multiple people question Cael's ability to coach and just cites his amazing abilities as a recruiter. Citing Cassar and Shakur (erroneously) as Top 10 PFP/Top 1-2 in their weight class.

10. Cenzo runs to his mom after beating Marinelli in the final but also has a classy embrace with Marinelli, a great kid who I really wouldn't mind seeing win anyways (if Cenzo doesn't and it won't affect team race, I wouldn't mind it at all)

11. One of our wrestlers does something so amazing in the finals that Cael once against hits Varner in the chest, this time, it's with enough force to knock him over.Casey is told to Shut Up again sometime during the finals.

12. Flo decides to offer Monthly Subscriptions after the tournament.

Anyone who knows Pburgh knows this may be the boldest prediction of all. Driving those damn tunnels is like a living hell.

Our daughter went to Pitt, and I quickly learned to get off at the Wilkinsburg exit when coming from the east to take her back to school. That Squirrel Hill tunnel was a nightmare, for sure.

Shane Sparks isn't enthusiastic about the finals matchups and makes no reference to a Red Ryder BB gun on Christmas morning.
8262c86b988c85a9606e1cfa4af6dbce.jpg

Reactions: diggerpup
Penn State only has 2 Champions but still wins team title by 20+ points

I don't like this one but it is definitely possible unfortunately. Similar to 2016.

What would hurt more is if we get 6-7 into the Finals and only 2 win. Yuck.

ADVERTISEMENT