Body armor

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
I have been thinking about why someone outside the military or law enforcement would need body armor. To me, it should be a MAJOR red flag if someone outside of law enforcement wants to purchase it. Personally, I think it should be way more restricted than firearms. There is no constitutional right to bear body armor, but a number of these mass shooters seem to want it.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
I have been thinking about why someone outside the military or law enforcement would need body armor. To me, it should be a MAJOR red flag if someone outside of law enforcement wants to purchase it. Personally, I think it should be way more restricted than firearms. There is no constitutional right to bear body armor, but a number of these mass shooters seem to want it.
I know of no reason to own it.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
It should be very strictly regulated. Far more than a suppressor, for example. Personally, I don’t believe people should be allowed to own both firearms AND body armor.
The only folks that should have it are private military contractors. They usually get it straight from military suppliers. Guards can get it from their employers.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Not sure how you would police that.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I see it’s sarcasm season Lolol.
Btw, there have been calls to ban it going back at least forty years.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Not sure how you would police that.
He’s being a smart ass.
Years ago a criminal used it in a crime and an idiotic congressman from NY called for a ban. His idea was to classify it as a machine gun.
I didn’t specify that he was a democrat, because I didn’t think that would be necessary. His last name was Biaggi or something similar I believe.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
I know of no reason to own it.
Well, in many 🤡 party cities body armor is almost a requirement for toddlers and kids walking to school. Or for Republican Congressmen playing baseball. Or a Supreme Court Justice while relaxing at home.

In all seriousness, if I were working at liquor store or any late night retail establishment I would probably wear body armor. Uber driver, pizza delivery guy. Neighborhood patrol. Lots of reasons to wear it.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Well, in many 🤡 party cities body armor is almost a requirement for toddlers and kids walking to school. Or for Republican Congressmen playing baseball. Or a Supreme Court Justice while relaxing at home.

In all seriousness, if I were working at liquor store or any late night retail establishment I would probably wear body armor. Uber driver, pizza delivery guy. Neighborhood patrol. Lots of reasons to wear it.
They should be heavily regulated and easy to lose the privilege of owning.

• Haha
Reactions: bourbon n blues

Jason1743

Jan 23, 2006

If I had a job where it made sense for me to wear body armor, I'd be looking for a new job real fast.

Latest posts