ADVERTISEMENT

BOB

Norm Petersin

Oct 5, 2005
wonder how patient the Texans are going to be. He could be on his way out if they don't get some wins. I think BOB did great things at PSU, and I harbor no ill feelings that he pursued his dream. Like him or not, he did great things offensively at PSU

Reactions: bison13 and bmw199
wonder how patient the Texans are going to be. He could be on his way out if they don't get some wins. I think BOB did great things at PSU, and I harbor no ill feelings that he pursued his dream. Like him or not, he did great things offensively at PSU

I'm kind of so- so on BOB. I don't question the good things he did but they way he left/ used PSU just bothers me (and I 'get' the uncertainty of coaching moves). That said, it's the NFL. Even if Houston were to fire him he will play musical chairs in the NFL coaching switches at the end of the year. Even the worst NFL coaches get passed around for years before finally leaving the league. ;)

His offense looks pedestrian tonight. Will flame out and be fired soon. Could've been a legend at PSU

Hail Mary for a td to end the 2nd quarter. Franklin took a knee in the same situation. Maybe Bob is a great coach after all lol

I think they understand that they have no qb in Texas. Probably should tank the season to get a high draft choice for trade bait.

Reactions: EPC FAN
His offense looks pedestrian tonight. Will flame out and be fired soon. Could've been a legend at PSU
If you hold Franklin to the same standard as you are
Holding BOB he is going to be fired after this year too. Franklin at least has a QB and his offensive isn't even pedestrian. Both coaches need more time to build their program.

This team just doesn't look good. The NFL is not that patient. The more I watch him the more I don't think he'll be back next year

The NFL doesn't give coaches time to build a program. Plus we are 4-1 compared to whatever the Texans are.

It's called the Not For Long league for a reason.

If you hold Franklin to the same standard as you are
Holding BOB he is going to be fired after this year too. Franklin at least has a QB and his offensive isn't even pedestrian. Both coaches need more time to build their program.

What? Using the same standard would have CJF in the NFL after a second winning, but mediocre overall, season. And Franklin should be Coach of the Year too - working with significantly less than OB had to work with.

This team just doesn't look good. The NFL is not that patient. The more I watch him the more I don't think he'll be back next year

A couple items that don't reflect well on the coaching:
Texans defense produced 0 sacks and 0 tackles for loss; Indy took away J.J. Watt with double teams, which presumably gave others (like Clowney) more of an opportunity for pressure, but it didn't happen
Texans had 13 penalties for 125 yards, and some of the penalties were very costly

Dismal home loss for the Texans. Hoyer was Johnny U - lucky horseshoe with that Hail Mary - on the last drive of the 1st half. He ain't Johnny U for the long haul though. Mallet isn't the answer either. They need a serious QB upgrade. Call me Captain Obvious.

He won 9 games last year after they won 1 the year before. I think he will get next year, but after that.

Dismal home loss for the Texans. Hoyer was Johnny U - lucky horseshoe with that Hail Mary - on the last drive of the 1st half. He ain't Johnny U for the long haul though. Mallet isn't the answer either. They need a serious QB upgrade. Call me Captain Obvious.

WOW, I must have watched a different game. I thought Hoyer has played well. The issue is Foster is washed up and not 100%, so they have zero run game.

24-31 312 yards, 2 TD and a pick isn't bad.. His QB rating of near 100 this year is decent also.

WOW, I must have watched a different game. I thought Hoyer has played well. The issue is Foster is washed up and not 100%, so they have zero run game.

24-31 312 yards, 2 TD and a pick isn't bad.. His QB rating of near 100 this year is decent also.
Nate, reading comprehension my man. I wrote, "for the long haul." You're talking one game. By the way, did you happen to see the horrible pick that he threw up for grabs under pressure when Houston had a chance to drive in to tie the game with about 2:00 left? That's what I'm talking about. He is not a good NFL QB.

Reactions: royboy

That's Hoyer pretty much; can move the ball and put up numbers, but makes key mistakes. That interception, a wounded duck up for grabs and thrown down the middle of the field, was awful.

Nate, reading comprehension my man. I wrote, "for the long haul." You're talking one game. By the way, did you happen to see the horrible pick that he threw up for grabs under pressure when Houston had a chance to drive in to tie the game with about 2:00 left? That's what I'm talking about. He is not a good NFL QB.

Holy cow, he threw a bad pass.. Have you ever watched football? Bad passes happen by everyone.

The guy isn't a bad as a QB as some think. He is far and away better then Mallet and Hoyer wasn't the reason they lost last night. They have no run game at all.

That's Hoyer pretty much; can move the ball and put up numbers, but makes key mistakes. That interception, a wounded duck up for grabs and thrown down the middle of the field, was awful.

He has made more good throws then bad so far this year..

Holy cow, he threw a bad pass.. Have you ever watched football? Bad passes happen by everyone.

The guy isn't a bad as a QB as some think. He is far and away better then Mallet and Hoyer wasn't the reason they lost last night. They have no run game at all.
He threw not just a bad pass. He threw a horrible pass while folding under pressure at the most crucial time when his team had a chance to tie the game. Aside from that, unless he's the second coming of Trent Dilfer (and Houston doesn't have one of the greatest defenses in NFL history the way Dilfer did) he ain't leading the Texans to the promised land. He isn't a franchise QB. Heck, he wasn't even the starter. Mallet, who isn't very good, was. Guys like him often look great in relief. When they have to play an entire season as a starter they are exposed. We'll see. I don't think Mallet is coming back soon and Hoyer will get his chance to prove me wrong. If I am, I'll admit it.

LINK: Hoyer on fatal pick: "It was a pretty bad decision."

Hoyer had plenty of time in the pocket, but couldn't pull the trigger quickly. He finally appeared to just throw the ball up for grabs over the middle of the field, and it was picked off. Those types of plays have defined Hoyer's performances since helping the Browns jump out to a 7-4 start last season.

Last edited:
He won 9 games last year after they won 1 the year before. I think he will get next year, but after that.

I know people keep saying that but in reality the Texans 12-4 in 2012 and finished first in their division.
They pretty much had the same team in 2013 but injuries really killed them and then Matt Schaub became a dumpster fire.
OB got a pretty talented team, sans a QB.
I think he'll get a few more years but there has to be a lot of improvement for that to happen.

Agree. Its too bad because I really like Arian but he is not the same back he was. I think he has a couple of decent years in him. But you are correct he is no where close to what he was.

Agree. Its too bad because I really like Arian but he is not the same back he was. I think he has a couple of decent years in him. But you are correct he is no where close to what he was.
True, but RB is the most easily replaced position in a good NFL offense.

He threw not just a bad pass. He threw a horrible pass while folding under pressure at the most crucial time when his team had a chance to tie the game. Aside from that, unless he's the second coming of Trent Dilfer (and Houston doesn't have one of the greatest defenses in NFL history the way Dilfer did) he ain't leading the Texans to the promised land. He isn't a franchise QB. Heck, he wasn't even the starter. Mallet, who isn't very good, was. Guys like him often look great in relief. When they have to play an entire season as a starter they are exposed. We'll see. I don't think Mallet is coming back soon and Hoyer will get his chance to prove me wrong. If I am, I'll admit it.

LINK: Hoyer on fatal pick: "It was a pretty bad decision."

Hoyer had plenty of time in the pocket, but couldn't pull the trigger quickly. He finally appeared to just throw the ball up for grabs over the middle of the field, and it was picked off. Those types of plays have defined Hoyer's performances since helping the Browns jump out to a 7-4 start last season.

You are right, that whole loss was on Hoyer last night. Again, no mention of no running game, no defense.. Its funny, how you think McGloin is the second coming, but fail to realize he has almost twice as many turnovers then TD, but Hoyer who has threw for 312 yard and pretty much gave his team the chance to win last night gets crucified by you for ONE bad pass..

If Mallet played the whole game last night, they lose 30-0.

You are right, that whole loss was on Hoyer last night. Again, no mention of no running game, no defense.. Its funny, how you think McGloin is the second coming, but fail to realize he has almost twice as many turnovers then TD, but Hoyer who has threw for 312 yard and pretty much gave his team the chance to win last night gets crucified by you for ONE bad pass..

If Mallet played the whole game last night, they lose 30-0.
I never mentioned McGloin as the second coming. You are being dishonest. I said that he's a great PSU story and an inspiration for those who ignore the naysayers and believe in themselves. Had Carr been injured he would have been a starting NFL QB. Great story. McGloin is not a good NFL QB either. Hoyer is better, but not a good NFL QB yet. Maybe he will be one. Maybe not. You can't be one when you go dead from the neck up with the game on the line though. By the way, I was one of the numbskulls who wanted Bolden over McGloin from the beginning. It took me longer to see the light than the more astute posters here. psuro can tell you. LOL.

Last edited:
LOL, is this real?

jensen_ackles___no__yes_by_joeleneybeaney-d3bsygg.gif

Reactions: mn78psu83

The BumPhillipsBots or whatever you want to call them want him gone but he does not give a bleep.

Hail Mary for a td to end the 2nd quarter. Franklin took a knee in the same situation. Maybe Bob is a great coach after all lol

Hail Mary INT at the end of the 4th quarter cost them a chance to win the game.

ADVERTISEMENT