ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal vs. Ed Ruth

Ed..., but I'd certainly loved to have seen it

Last edited:
Easy Ed ever go to his back once in 4 years? Don't think so. 3x Champ Ed wins by decision today as Bo won't catch him in a throw and Ed was money on his feet. Bo in a year or so from now? Not so sure the results wouldn't be reversed.
A young Gabe Dean beat Ed Ruth 7-4 at the Scuffle in 2014; so who knows for sure how Ed vs Bo would go?
Ed a little too strong, but Bo is awfully good.

Easy Ed ever go to his back once in 4 years? Don't think so. 3x Champ Ed wins by decision today as Bo won't catch him in a throw and Ed was money on his feet. Bo in a year or so from now? Not so sure the results wouldn't be reversed.
I think he gave up two backs prior to the injury default to Asi at nationals I believe.

It would be a contrast in styles, and before I'd answer, I'd want to know who got the best of the room skirmishes between Ed and Q.

Last edited:
Bo has to win two more NC. That said, I am not sure Ed ever navigated a field like 184 this year. I think Ed would win but if things got funky, I would give the nod to Bo. BN can score any way, any how. Ed never needed to because his base game was on another level compared to everyone else.

Certainly fun to think about........both those guys are easy to smile.

If you use common opponent Gabe Dean as a barometer and throw out Ed's Scuffle loss as an outlier, Ed dominated Dean twice, whereas Bo edged past him. But the Gabe Dean Bo beat was a better wrestler than the Gabe Dean Ed beat (though there's also an argument that Dean faded this March--his NCAA run wasn't as dominant as his early season, and needed OT to get past Dechow in quarters). I don't think common opponent is very useful n comparing top tier wrestlers when all three wrestlers are top tier.

Reactions: hlstone
How much would it cost to have Dean, Ed, Bo and DT wrestle it out now? I would pay 100$ to watch it. Wrestle it out for all places. There is money to be made for these wrestlers.

Reactions: ev_flores0331
On a similar note. Why not have DT and Ed wrestle at Rec Hall for a one time event? That would be legendary.

Reactions: ev_flores0331
Why not a round robin wrestle off....every wrestler wrestles each opponent and the winner is who ever has the best record.

Bo Nickal
Cail Sanderson
ED Ruth
David Taylor and

Nico M.--For those that think he is just a light weight.

Reactions: hlstone
Better yet... an Alumni matchup.
Nico v Suriano
Tank v Zain
Cenzo v Brown
Ed v Bo
DT v Raptor and Cutch (at the same time)

Thats a $100 ticket right there.

SFSN Tournament

Slush Fund Senior National

Reactions: diggerpup
Who would you not want to wrestle at any weight between 157 and 197?
I would not want to wrestle Matt Brown. Even at 149 I would not enjoy wrestling Frank nor Zain.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT