ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Nickal + Mickey O’Malley Is A Double Overhook Clinic

PSU is losing a dual by the following amount of points with one weight class to go. The opponent is ranked 1st or 2nd. Who do you want (in the Sanderson era) to be the last wrestler / weight class? You can only use a wrestler once.

Losing by 2:
Losing by 3:
Losing by 4:
Losing by 5:

Reactions: hlstone
2: Zain (by a smidge over Ruth)
3: Nolf
4: Taylor
5: Nickal

PSU is losing a dual by the following amount of points with one weight class to go. The opponent is ranked 1st or 2nd. Who do you want (in the Sanderson era) to be the last wrestler / weight class? You can only use a wrestler once.

Losing by 2:
Losing by 3:
Losing by 4:
Losing by 5:
You could have thrown a wrench into the machine and said the opponents wrestler is Kyle Dake, which gives more variables.

Freshman 141
Sophomore 149
Junior 157
Senior 165

This post should self destruct in? 😏

Losing by 2:
Losing by 3:
Losing by 4:
Losing by 5:
Fun game!
Losing by 2: Give me Cassar ... why? Honestly, a hat tip to the fact he wasn't the starter and faced #1 Kollin Moore. A scenario where both wrestlers know it's winner take all? Give me the guy with balls like Cassar.
Losing by 3: Give me DT. No reason, it's just DT to be honest.
Losing by 4: Zain ... he'll get the tech.
Losing by 5: Give me Nolf. Explanation why: a lot of Bo's pins came from opponents aggressively attacking him. If the opposing opponent can back pedal his way from Bo, it might be tougher to find. Nolf on the other hand I think is more likely to find his own pin off his offense.

Fun game!
Losing by 2: Give me Cassar ... why? Honestly, a hat tip to the fact he wasn't the starter and faced #1 Kollin Moore. A scenario where both wrestlers know it's winner take all? Give me the guy with balls like Cassar.
Losing by 3: Give me DT. No reason, it's just DT to be honest.
Losing by 4: Zain ... he'll get the tech.
Losing by 5: Give me Nolf. Explanation why: a lot of Bo's pins came from opponents aggressively attacking him. If the opposing opponent can back pedal his way from Bo, it might be tougher to find. Nolf on the other hand I think is more likely to find his own pin off his offense.
Very well thought out / good rationale. In fact, I might go Zain choosing top position with the team down by 5 when you put it that way.

And agree on Cassar; he was one I thought about there too.

RBY might be a good choice for the down 2 ... he just seemed to have figured out a way to never lose (using his insane feet) and is cool as a cat.

Quentin Wright is probably not the right guy for duals but .... you need a massive overperformance in March to win? There's your guy.

@AgSurfer popping on this post had me thinking how many times a Nevills brother saved a dual:

Nick - Lehigh '17 (against Wood, 2 point dual going into heavy)
Nick - Ohio State '18 (self explanatory, nobody forgot this one)
Seth - Illinois '20 (against Luffman, I could be wrong but I think Illinois held criteria)
Seth - Nebraska '20 (against Lance, 2 point dual going into heavy)
Seth - Indiana '21 (scary to think about but it was only 18-15 going into Heavyweight, we were deeply hit by COVID, missing Beard and Howard and CStar obviously dropped his debut)

I do remember a few years back when it was PSU vs NC State and we were losing going into Zain’s match. How did that one turn out?
No idea. Zain only faced one NC State wrestler ever, and that was at the Scuffle.

I think your memory is going the way mine is, which is to say down the drain. :)
Ok I was thinking of the wrong school. I’m talking about the PSU vs VA Tech dual in 2016. We lost at both 125 and 141 so we were down by 3 going into Zain’s match at 149. After that, we turned on the afterburners. Zain won by TF and everyone got a glimpse of what to expect from two RS Freshmen starters, Jason Nolf and Bo Nickal. It was a pretty exciting dual and VA Tech gave it their best. They got a lot of compliments from the PSU side.

Reactions: creamery freak
Ok I was thinking of the wrong school. I’m talking about the PSU vs VA Tech dual in 2016. We lost at both 125 and 141 so we were down by 3 going into Zain’s match at 149. After that, we turned on the afterburners. Zain won by TF and everyone got a glimpse of what to expect from two RS Freshmen starters, Jason Nolf and Bo Nickal. It was a pretty exciting dual and VA Tech gave it their best. They got a lot of compliments from the PSU side.
I do remember that as I was (along with quite a few other PSU fans) there. Epperly shot in on Bo and he double underhooked him and it was like Epperly hit a stone wall.

Reactions: royboy and nitlion6

Losing by 2:
Losing by 3:
Losing by 4:
Losing by 5:

Losing by 2: Cassar - giant killer.
Losing by 3: Retherford - you will be bow and arrowed to your back at some point. Count on it.
Losing by 4: Nolf - just more routine toying with his food.
Losing by 5: Bo - no one supplies more dramatic pins than this man did

Losing by 2: Cassar - giant killer.
Losing by 3: Retherford - you will be bow and arrowed to your back at some point. Count on it.
Losing by 4: Nolf - just more routine toying with his food.
Losing by 5: Bo - no one supplies more dramatic pins than this man did
Losing by more than 5: You’re Tom Brands dreaming of the old days and your wife needs to wake you up to face reality!

Silver medalist in the Junior Olympics with Taekwando so that guy is no slouch, also he's 4-0.
I'd say Nickal is fighting someone on his experience level.. I'd rather be Nickal in this one..

It's it me or, do his chest and abs not look a sinister smiling creature looking forward to creating some mayhem?

Last edited:
Reactions: PASLP2
A long time ago I was told by a swimmer that he didn’t work biceps too much because of what it would do to his reach. Does the same apply to fighters?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT