ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett

Gill should not be allowed to wrestle per the clear PIAA rules for AA, if he just would have stayed at Hickory he could have wrestled AAA post season. I guess they thought it be better to take a chance to stay in AA and avoid Desmond or whatever the reason was? No asterisk needed at his weight in AA, though he now does help one guy reach the podium in AAA.

Priest and Maiden are equivalent to Barry Manilow compared to most of what I’m listening to now a days. LOL
giphy.gif

Maybe. I prefer a sense of musicality vs an outlet for aggression. I like singing instead of growling and howling.
Most days I could care less about the lyrics or how they are sung I just want the heavy guitar and double bass. It's all about the base lol

I read through this thread real quick. The numerous comments about a kid transferring to private or prep schools isn't just a sports related agenda. It reflects some parents feeling towards the public school system. I proudly graduated from Bangor 1979. I have approximately 8 core friends that graduated with me that still live in area that are very successful. Engineers,Doctor,Pharm CPA ect. Bangor gave us the foundation to succeed.
I sent my kids to Bangor and they graduated 2011 and 2013. Bangor still provided a solid foundation for them to succeed. Things have changed, having friends that are/were teachers telling me of the decline of the educational aspect of the District. The management of No child left behind,and Covid guidelines are 2 examples that has caused this decline.
I'm sorry to say but if I had kids in a public school today and had the means to send them to private school I would.

I read through this thread real quick. The numerous comments about a kid transferring to private or prep schools isn't just a sports related agenda. It reflects some parents feeling towards the public school system. I proudly graduated from Bangor 1979. I have approximately 8 core friends that graduated with me that still live in area that are very successful. Engineers,Doctor,Pharm CPA ect. Bangor gave us the foundation to succeed.
I sent my kids to Bangor and they graduated 2011 and 2013. Bangor still provided a solid foundation for them to succeed. Things have changed, having friends that are/were teachers telling me of the decline of the educational aspect of the District. The management of No child left behind,and Covid guidelines are 2 examples that has caused this decline.
I'm sorry to say but if I had kids in a public school today and had the means to send them to private school I would.

this is test board material

Reactions: m3driver and Reslo
It's pretty hard to keep a thread going about a kid this young, especially in the off season. I think we are all pretty excited for Bo, both his potential and the potential we have to land him someday.

That said it is still very early in his career. Kid's bodies grow a lot during highschool. For every 1 freshman level Spencer Lee phenom, there are probably 10-20 phenom Adam Busiellos.

For now it's fun to watch him destroy almost everyone in his path, as well as spend some time in state college now and then. Some elite older kids are able to handle him, so he is just still a pup in training to become a Wolf. I should have used a cat analogy there.

As for how good can he be at the collegiate level and beyond? We will know a lot more after his junior year, as opposed to 8th grade. Bo looks like he could have generational talent, but this is a marathon not a sprint.

By the time we get to his recruiting season we may well see his other thread get the second most posts of any on this board. Until then my head is dancing with thoughts of MaM, Carol, Lelledahl, Sealy and Hopke.
At this point I’ve lost track if he’s 12, 16 or 27. I stop at watching young kids working out in a basement.

I am more impressed with his speaking skills and interviews. He is definitely too young to put up with Spencer lee but I watched him TF Nasedo a few weeks back. I think little Harer had the same type of success in the youth and Ms ranks.

I am more impressed with his speaking skills and interviews. He is definitely too young to put up with Spencer lee but I watched him TF Nasedo a few weeks back. I think little Harer had the same type of success in the youth and Ms ranks.
One of my brothers, who is a Penn State fan but not a junkie, asked me about Nasedo last week as a possible Nit lightweight. I responded that he just got teched by a 9th grader, so he might not be that great with college wrestlers either.

One of my brothers, who is a Penn State fan but not a junkie, asked me about Nasedo last week as a possible Nit lightweight. I responded that he just got teched by a 9th grader, so he might not be that great with college wrestlers either.
On the plus side, at least Nasdeo didn't get his ankle dislocated.

Good thing Cael looks to develop a wrestler mindset that one is not defined by wins and losses (or injuries for that matter).

No need to tear another kid down when talking about Bo Bassett.

Last edited:
This is awfully dismissive toward both Nasdeo and Bassett.

Wait, did we quietly start another 125 pounder is losing in the room joke?

This is awfully dismissive toward both Nasdeo and Bassett.
I feel bad for the brother.

Post could easily be read as:

"My brother try to make pleasant conversation with me about Penn State wrestling, because he appreciates my longheld enthusiasm for the sport. I responded in a way to try and make him feel like an idiot. Stay in your lane, bro. Then I came here so a broader audience to appreciate my comeback."

Nasdeo and Bassett are simply anecdotes to the story.

There have already been many threads about him. PSU certainly has a shot--he trains w/ NLWC and M2 both pretty frequently (but also Young Guns, w/ their "pipline" to Iowa). A lot of top tier talent in his general age range and projected weight class (Lilledahl, Duke, Forrest too). We might get him, we might not--but let's hope all those guys have fewer injuries than Spencer. Whether or not the talent is comparable is pretty hard to discern--but I'd say it's not fair to compare--let them be themselves, and see what happens.

There have already been many threads about him. PSU certainly has a shot--he trains w/ NLWC and M2 both pretty frequently (but also Young Guns, w/ their "pipline" to Iowa). A lot of top tier talent in his general age range and projected weight class (Lilledahl, Duke, Forrest too). We might get him, we might not--but let's hope all those guys have fewer injuries than Spencer. Whether or not the talent is comparable is pretty hard to discern--but I'd say it's not fair to compare--let them be themselves, and see what happens.
Thanks, I'm not the kind of guy that follows recruiting in any sport but I saw tis video and was wondering.

Bo certainly has the appearance of being the real deal, he is improving, and beating high level competition.

That said remember Adam Bussiello, also touted as the next Spencer Lee when he was a freshman. Everyone was jazzed here when he committed early.

I try to curb my enthusiasm for any of these kids too much until their Junior year. Getting past that 14-17 year old growth spurt that can change a body's makeup, which is a biggie for wrestling.

I grew 6 inches in one year in highschool and my wrestling was never the same as my 6-10th grade years.

Unfortunately, my prediction is 10 more Bo Bassett threads minimum between now and then.

Last edited:
The next 125 lb stud we land may be the most popular wrestler to the fan base ever due the lack of one since Nico.

(No shade to Steen or Howard; if they become that, it will be them.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT