ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett

I hope for even greater things from Bo and hope he does them at PSU but I'm really starting to cringe everytime I see them post their 5 am workouts on twitter. It all has a "Todd Marinovich" type feel to it.
The social media stuff, it all goes towards getting NIL benefits. The better the social media presence, the more potential for money. Takes years to build that presence.

Twin girls on the Fresno State women’s basketball team are looking at possibility $500K in benefits from NIL largely because of their social media presence. It helps that they are good players, energetic personalities and good looking. Without the social media, no one would know who they are.

It is a new world with the social media stuff and it is not going away.

The social media stuff, it all goes towards getting NIL benefits. The better the social media presence, the more potential for money. Takes years to build that presence.

Twin girls on the Fresno State women’s basketball team are looking at possibility $500K in benefits from NIL largely because of their social media presence. It helps that they are good players, energetic personalities and good looking. Without the social media, no one would know who they are.

Yeah, I understand that and agree. My post though was directed more towards the actual wrestling aspect of it and kids being pushed from the time they are 5 or 6 years old until they graduate HS. And hell, it may not be the parents doing it...it may be the kid doing it to himself in pursuit of fullfilling goals and realizing dreams .
Sometime I think parents need to step in and save those types of kids from themselves. Like I said, there needs to be balance and keeping sport fun. If you're not doing that then the chances of eventually burning out increases dramatically.

Stall warning issued.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Yeah, I understand that and agree. My post though was directed more towards the actual wrestling aspect of it and kids being pushed from the time they are 5 or 6 years old until they graduate HS. And hell, it may not be the parents doing it...it may be the kid doing it to himself in pursuit of fullfilling goals and realizing dreams .
Sometime I think parents need to step in and save those types of kids from themselves. Like I said, there needs to be balance and keeping sport fun. If you're not doing that then the chances of eventually burning out increases dramatically.
Hell the mileage alone wears me out just reading about it.

Who's gonna save the kids from their parents' social media presence ... especially when it's under the kids' names?

I'd say that a flag is in order here.

Reactions: hlstone
Agreed- this is backwards IMO. Reward guys like Nick Lee who show up and take care of business. NIL should want those guys but want these loud Internet reputations.

Reactions: crablegs1
These kids look like they are burning out. I see it as well.

Agreed- this is backwards IMO. Reward guys like Nick Lee who show up and take care of business. NIL should want those guys but want these loud Internet reputations.
Modern capitalism is all about attention. Who can get the most eyeballs, and clicks, based on people’s 2 second attention span as they’re mindlessly scrolling through their feeds.

These kids look like they are burning out. I see it as well.
I'm not even saying thats what I'm seeing with the Bassetts. I have no idea. For all I know their regimen will turn out to be what's perfect for them. But I do know what a grind wrestling can be and how one can become burnout. Especially those kids that have been doing it since they could walk.

Ya know what I would have found refreshing? Having them post about what a great time they had at the tOSU game... Just that, enjoying a football game...the game day atmosphere and nothing else. A day without those kids having to travel there and workout that morning even before going to the game. Why not just enjoy a day away from the sport and be kids? I guess their reasons are because they have goals and dreams and that's fair enough. But it's also fair when people like me criticize it all because theres plenty of people out there that did just as these kids are doing but are now telling us it caused more harm than good.

Bassett will be in the transfer portal within 15 minutes of Cael telling him he's taking his phone for the next 4 years.

He'll returned it when Bo is on the NCAA platform for his final year.

There are more leaks out of North Korea than the PSU room or offices.

Fresno State Women's basketball Cavinder sisters:

Bassett will be in the transfer portal within 15 minutes of Cael telling him he's taking his phone for the next 4 years.

He'll returned it when Bo is on the NCAA platform for his final year.

There are more leaks out of North Korea than the PSU room or offices.
So if he can't wrestle for McCort...then which high school will he wrestle for this season?

Interesting choice of props

Thats a good fit, Imho!!!

Basket is kind of low isn't it lmfao

I was thinking the same thing. This thread could be the deepest topic ever on here by the time he is recruitable.

Let’s talk about Cael Nasedo committing to PSU. Next we will get Perry. Bassett might not have a shot at happy valley. IMO

PIAA upheld the suspension. Mineo is having an aneurysm on the tweeter right now.

Reactions: danoftw
Some are heading to Ohio and some to Ithaca

But doubtful any to PSU at this point

hell why doesnt mccort jusr get out of the piaa and go wherever they want to go wrestle the powers like sem and blair etc etc

hell why doesnt mccort jusr get out of the piaa and go wherever they want to go wrestle the powers like sem and blair etc etc
I'm not knowledgeable about the process to do that but for what they are creating in their wrestling room (basically a high school club team) a league of elite programs without recruiting/fairness restrictions would seem to be the best fit. The nostalgia of winning districts/regionals/states seems to be very important. Or maybe its beating up your neighbor program and pounding your chest about it. But a Laurel Highlands conference schedule wrestling local squads with multiple forfeits and seasonal wrestlers doesn't match their aspirations or challenge their abilities. I think it would be cool to have a central PA powerhouse prep program.

I'm not knowledgeable about the process to do that but for what they are creating in their wrestling room (basically a high school club team) a league of elite programs without recruiting/fairness restrictions would seem to be the best fit. The nostalgia of winning districts/regionals/states seems to be very important. Or maybe its beating up your neighbor program and pounding your chest about it. But a Laurel Highlands conference schedule wrestling local squads with multiple forfeits and seasonal wrestlers doesn't match their aspirations or challenge their abilities. I think it would be cool to have a central PA powerhouse prep program.
I strongly believe Beca Johnstown should go National Preps, though perhaps National Preps won't have them.

However, prior to the suspension, nothing prevented them from going AAA -- like Beca Original has done.

The fact is that they'd rather beat up on the 100-head rural AA schools and thump their chests about it.

And BTW,, how exactly does that develop their individual athletes?

I strongly believe Beca Johnstown should go National Preps, though perhaps National Preps won't have them.

However, prior to the suspension, nothing prevented them from going AAA -- like Beca Original has done.

The fact is that they'd rather beat up on the 100-head rural AA schools and thump their chests about it.

And BTW,, how exactly does that develop their individual athletes?
AAA, Would it have mattered?
They still broke PIAA rules (not taking sides) so this still would have happened.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
AAA, Would it have mattered?
They still broke PIAA rules (not taking sides) so this still would have happened.
Not disagreeing. Merely pointing out that this was (and someday will again be) an option -- but one they didn't and won't take because they're in it for the glory.

Reactions: cheddarwurst69
Also hearing there was an offer on the table that was not accepted that would have let the kids compete.

• Wow
Reactions: hlstone
I'm a little surprised that so many are up in arms about all this. I'm not connected to any of the programs involved, but to me, even the casual observer can take a decent guess at what transpired, given the info out there. The district saw it and said no way, and the PIAA overwhelmingly backed them up. The over-the-top outrage, and calls to boycott the PIAA, is just sad. I think I read at one point Mineo is calling for the boycott of signing with PSU! That's the antics of a clown.

I'm a little surprised that so many are up in arms about all this. I'm not connected to any of the programs involved, but to me, even the casual observer can take a decent guess at what transpired, given the info out there. The district saw it and said no way, and the PIAA overwhelmingly backed them up. The over-the-top outrage, and calls to boycott the PIAA, is just sad. I think I read at one point Mineo is calling for the boycott of signing with PSU! That's the antics of a clown.
I heard he's a paid front man in this deal 😂🤣

Mineo's twitter brain is attempting to convolute the facts either out of malice or his own stupidity. The ban is post season only and is for 2 years which means it expires after March of 2023. If my math is correct the 8th graders would lose 1 trip to Hershey (2022-2023 season). The 8th graders can also transfer into another school this year or next year (for academic purposes ;) ) and wrestling their 9th grade post season. No one is preventing the kids from wrestling, just not in the post season for McCort for 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT