ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Bassett

Charles Buchinsky from Ehrenfeld Pa. A few miles from my old stomping ground. I actually briefly worked with his brother at a truck factory. Charles visited and toured the plant. I was really surprised by how short he was :)
Have you been by the Ehrenfeld area lately? The hillside is green now. Plus the mine refuse pile near Bealtown (sp?) is gone and a trail was put though the area that is supposed to eventually connect with the 1889 trail.

Why does that clown constantly try to start crap

This:
tenor.gif

Reactions: Ski and Dogwelder
So last night on my Facebook I shared a story about this young wrestler. In minutes two moms of kids who are good wrestlers at close his age blew up my messenger how much they despise his dad. Love the kid but his dad is running this kid. If true I’d think we sadly will see a burnt out young man. I pray not

I'm trying to remember who ran my life when I was 14. It was probably some girl in homeroom or something. I've heard other parents have things to say too--but we know nothing of the actual situation, and this is where I think it starts to get damaging to start speculating online about such a young person. He did an amazing feat this week--winning a world title so young. Maybe he'll win one in Greco next week. I'm going to try and stick to what he does on the mat (and regretably what comes out on social media too, I suppose) for now.

So last night on my Facebook I shared a story about this young wrestler. In minutes two moms of kids who are good wrestlers at close his age blew up my messenger how much they despise his dad. Love the kid but his dad is running this kid. If true I’d think we sadly will see a burnt out young man. I pray not
You can’t just relay anonymous non-concrete insults in public. It would be as bad as unmanly mean-girls cyber bullying. 🤔

I assure you I am hoping young man has a great life in all things and hopefully wrestling will pay for his education and more. Just taken back at there reaction . I’m someone who works and lives on a family farm and business have felt this pressure most of my life to do as others wanted just hope this isn’t the case I will be cheering him on hopefully to the blue and white

I assure you I am hoping young man has a great life in all things and hopefully wrestling will pay for his education and more. Just taken back at there reaction . I’m someone who works and lives on a family farm and business have felt this pressure most of my life to do as others wanted just hope this isn’t the case I will be cheering him on hopefully to the blue and white
It's weird. You talk to one person and they tell you what a wonderful family they are and what great parents they are. You talk to another...not so much. From my own observations, they seem like a tight nit family but above anything else, the few times I was around them, those two Bassett boys both seem like a couple of cool cats and seem to genuinely enjoy life. Very very respectful, friendly and personable. Poppa Bassett seems like a good dude as well.

I hope not too. That said....

I've come across many kids, across multiple sports, parents from all economic backgrounds, multiple states, multiple ethnicities, etc, etc, etc .....

And the things that bind the complainers together is jealousy, inferiority complexes and a deep desire to be relevant again.

Not at all saying your friends are that way. I've got lots of interest in the bassett situation. But that crew has something special going on.

Could be the titanic or could be #next.

But I'm here for it ....all day.

I hope not too. That said....

I've come across many kids, across multiple sports, parents from all economic backgrounds, multiple states, multiple ethnicities, etc, etc, etc .....

And the things that bind the complainers together is jealousy, inferiority complexes and a deep desire to be relevant again.

Not at all saying your friends are that way. I've got lots of interest in the bassett situation. But that crew has something special going on.

Could be the titanic or could be #next.

But I'm here for it ....all day.
I'll say this and move on. There are some parents that are quite jealous of their success. and just as many pissed off about them leaving Forrest Hills.

I'll say this and move on. There are some parents that are quite jealous of their success. and just as many pissed off about them leaving Forrest Hills.
You want to stir up a hornets nest.

Transfer schools for athletic reasons.

The FH situation is unique onto itself but as he gains fame and notoriety the loathing will get worse.

You want to stir up a hornets nest.

Transfer schools for athletic reasons.

The FH situation is unique onto itself but as he gains fame and notoriety the loathing will get worse.
Just ask Zain about going from Line Mtn to Benton. Cost him a year of HS wrestling.

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone
I think you hit the nail on the head there. A fair amount of Forest Hills folks think it's the greatest school since public education was invented. It's odd to see it in wrestling because until recently their program had been mediocre at best. If a star player transferred out of their football program they would definitely be shunned.

Not knowing much about the background story, I would have to say this is spot on. I think the Forrest Hills people are very jealous and at this point mad they left.
I said this before on here, if I had a son I would want him to be respectful and humble like the Bassett’s. His interviews and social media posts are so grown up. He is a little man and that probably bothers people too, their kids are playing video games and he is winning world titles. He obviously comes from great parents. The mom and Dad are all in and I think sometimes that bothers parents who aren’t & can’t be all in. It’s easy to say rotten things and down play stuff instead of stepping up. Honestly could you imagine the Forrest hills people waking up and seeing Bassett and Gibson in their newspapers, on the news and crap they had Bo on the Johnstown Radio Stations my wife told me.

Man this is harsh, I honestly can’t believe moms still play the mean girls rule. Anyone I talked to say Bo’s dad helps tons of kids in the whole area. I don’t think kids would move states to be around him if he wasn’t a great person. I think the Hering family is living here now.
I would assume these ladies who messaged probably have deadbeat husbands and it’s easier to not like good dads.
If I ever have a son one day, I hope I can have that same type of relationship Bo’s dad has with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lioncat95
There’s definitely something to parents have the right to do whatever they think is best for their kids as far as schools. There also is something to kids leaving small schools that they grew up in and go to private schools leaving them gutted and that doesn’t sit right with some people. I for one think all private schools should have to compete in national preps. Also nothing wrong with pointing out kids who are held back but it’s a big sacrifice for families and I trust their family choice. Bo would’ve walked through AA states last year in as an 8th grader either way.

There’s definitely something to parents have the right to do whatever they think is best for their kids as far as schools. There also is something to kids leaving small schools that they grew up in and go to private schools leaving them gutted and that doesn’t sit right with some people. I for one think all private schools should have to compete in national preps. Also nothing wrong with pointing out kids who are held back but it’s a big sacrifice for families and I trust their family choice. Bo would’ve walked through AA states last year in as an 8th grader either way.
I agree. Private schools should compete in their own post-season competitions.

I have seen parents being abusive to their kids, usually when the kid does not succeed to the parents desired levels. In these cases there should be something said, but rarely is there.

However, kids who achieve elite levels of success are not by default being mistreated by their parents. Kids who do compete successfully at an elite level did not tumble out of their mother's womb a world champ. Whether pitching balls for hours of hitting practice, or hours of throwing a football around, or running all over to different clinics, camps and/or practices or simply spending several hours daily making sure spelling words are learned or math fractions are understood. Successful kids usually result from successful parenting. I haven't read anything that paints a picture of family Bassett abuse, so as far as I can tell there is an effort being put forth to provide the kid(s) opportunities to succeed. Jealous parents should hush-up.

I agree. Private schools should compete in their own post-season competitions.

I have seen parents being abusive to their kids, usually when the kid does not succeed to the parents desired levels. In these cases there should be something said, but rarely is there.

However, kids who achieve elite levels of success are not by default being mistreated by their parents. Kids who do compete successfully at an elite level did not tumble out of their mother's womb a world champ. Whether pitching balls for hours of hitting practice, or hours of throwing a football around, or running all over to different clinics, camps and/or practices or simply spending several hours daily making sure spelling words are learned or math fractions are understood. Successful kids usually result from successful parenting. I haven't read anything that paints a picture of family Bassett abuse, so as far as I can tell there is an effort being put forth to provide the kid(s) opportunities to succeed. Jealous parents should hush-up.
I agree with this. The more success the more jealous parents. That happens in everything in life.
People alway want to throw rocks when their kids lose or someone is living a better life. Sad but true.
On a different note I hate that this kid has a great relationship with Strittmatter. We need to keep him In Pennsylvania. Iowa took enough. After winning a world title I bet he turns towards PSU now.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. A fair amount of Forest Hills folks think it's the greatest school since public education was invented. It's odd to see it in wrestling because until recently their program had been mediocre at best. If a star player transferred out of their football program they would definitely be shunned.
Who's even coaching their football team these days? I havent followed too closely but didnt they bottom out after Bailey retired? I like that his son coaches Richland and puts an asswhooping to the Rangers every year now. Oh how times have changed.... lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT