ADVERTISEMENT

Blue_White game mobile parking pass

step.eng69

Nov 7, 2012
North East PA, Backmountain area, age 72
Received this parking pass in my email yesterday. I looked on the referenced BW game day parking map & activities, couldn't find "Parking lot 26".
Is this another fluster cluck with the mobile data or am I just too old to understand.

Help from the board siblings would be appreciated
Thank you

Parking Lot
PARK26, Pass 5, Space 8

BTW....GATES OPEN @ 9AM

Roundabout way of me saying something is fluster clucked with the parking. Park 26 may be the entire aggregate of all game day parking lots.. What entrance route must be taken? Parking attendants can't read your phone in advance to direct your parking location. There will be no parking passes on the car's windshield.

Received this parking pass in my email yesterday. I looked on the referenced BW game day parking map & activities, couldn't find "Parking lot 26".
Is this another fluster cluck with the mobile data or am I just too old to understand.

Thank you

Parking Lot
PARK26, Pass 5, Space 8

BTW....GATES OPEN @ 9AM

Roundabout way of me saying something is fluster clucked with the parking. Park 26 may be the entire aggregate of all game day parking lots.. What entrance route must be taken? Parking attendants can't read your phone in advance to direct your parking location. There will be no parking passes on the car's windshield.
Mine says PARK4 Row 1 Seat 13
Can anyone decipher this?

I sure hope they will have parking passes for the windshield in the fall.

Thank you

Parking Lot
PARK26, Pass 5, Space 8

BTW....GATES OPEN @ 9AM

Welcome back Step.

Maybe Park means Park Ave entrance? Been a long time since I had season tix/passes but maybe, just maybe our esteemed Athletic Dept doesn't realize the double meaning? Is there a University out there?

Reactions: step.eng69
So just what is a ‘mobile parking pass’? You are either parked....or your are mobile. Can’t be both. Like driving on the parkway or parking on your driveway. Shoulda called it a flexible parking pass.

And it’s gonna be a cluster McBoondoggle. You’re going to the game and tell yer buds meet me at parking lot?? When you get there your lot is full and they redirect you a mile and half away. Really screws up planning ahead.

Worse, I have no faith in the admin’s ability to be flexible on the fly and not screw things up. Forcing people to drive all around will create huge problems. Instead of going to the same lot every weekend where you know just how to get there you will be pushed around by an army of part time people. Who decides when to change parking lot directions? How will they coordinate it system wide? I don’t think a few radio commands will keep it all working seamlessly.

This should be fun!

Last edited:
These are the same parking passes used for events in the BJC. They check them upon entry to the lot. All parking will be general admittance in all open lots. What pricks they are giving you free parking for those who pay for parking in the fall. 🙄

This is the first year I bought a parking pass for the season but haven't received any email about the Blue-White game parking as of yet.

These are the same parking passes used for events in the BJC. They check them upon entry to the lot. All parking will be general admittance in all open lots. What pricks they are giving you free parking for those who pay for parking in the fall. 🙄
Hey cvilleelk,
Any idea What the following means..why not just BW parking pass
like the past window passes
Parking Lot
PARK26, Pass 5, Space 8

Last edited:
It would be interesting if someone went around and changed all the signs along the road the night before.

Just get there at 6 AM. Leave your car parked in front of the gate, go downtown and eat breakfast, get back to your car at 8:45 and drive in. If someone complains, point out that the directions were confusing, and you did your best to solve the problem.

Somebody has to have a copy of arrival and parking lot instructions from earlier years, before all of these extra ASSistant Athletic Directors were hired to change everything each year. Some of them probably were not born when it worked smoothly, and everybody could just figure it out.

Hey cvilleelk,
Any idea What the following means..why not just BW parking pass
like the past window passes
Parking Lot
PARK26, Pass 5, Space 8
It means nothing. I had a season pass for bball from park mobile and it had all kinds to crazy stuff on it for each game.

It means nothing. I had a season pass for bball from park mobile and it had all kinds to crazy stuff on it for each game.
Thanks cvil,…
But how is the university going to channel the traffic basketball vs football ?
Just wondering how this works.. stop each individual car and scan their parking pass then hold the next car for not having a parking pass.

Last edited:
Thanks cvil,…
But how is the university going to channel the traffic basketball vs football ?
Just wondering how this works.. stop each individual car and scan their parking pass then hold the next car for not having a parking pass.
That's what they did last season Step.

• Wow
Just spoke to the ticket office and all those designations on the parking pass are meaningless. It's general parking and they will fill the lots closest to the stadium first and work outwards. You need to load your parking pass to your phone wallet via the Penn State app.

Just spoke to the ticket office and all those designations on the parking pass are meaningless. It's general parking and they will fill the lots closest to the stadium first and work outwards. You need to load your parking pass to your phone wallet via the Penn State app.
Thank you Dr. House,
Glad you got through to the ticket office
Well....I guess meaningless parking designations make sense.

Word has it that parking pass transfer ability is severely restricted by the fact that one has to transfer a pass if needed by Tuesday of game week, if you wait till that day you are SOL. If this is what they are planning for the regular season many people will be stuck with extra passes that are worthless.

Word has it that parking pass transfer ability is severely restricted by the fact that one has to transfer a pass if needed by Tuesday of game week, if you wait till that day you are SOL. If this is what they are planning for the regular season many people will be stuck with extra passes that are worthless.
I realize it’s fun to complain and blame the university for everything. But if you read what came out they will be doing parking passes for the regular season as they have always done. 🙄

I realize it’s fun to complain and blame the university for everything. But if you read what came out they will be doing parking passes for the regular season as they have always done. 🙄
I did not see that but glad to see they will be using the time tested way of handling parking passes. Sometimes new technology simply does not work as well as the old way of doing things.

Has anyone tried to move their parking pass over to Wallet? If so, how do I get it there? Game tickets were found in the Penn State Ticketmaster app on my phone. I see no way to get the parking pass over to Wallet on my phone. Please bear in mind that I'm not all that computer literate. But, you probably already made that assumption.:)

One has to wonder why the cutoff for mobile parking pass transfer is on Tuesday and not until after kickoff. With the move to the mobile platform you would think that the wise decision going forward is not to limit fans control of their tickets and parking passes. Now I would think it would only be fair if someone wants to transfer a pass after the cutoff then that pass should be refunded in full. Most of the time when fans get stuck with extra parking passes or even tickets it tends to happen with a last minute change in plans. Seems to me make this policy to give refunds after the cutoff and everyone is happy.

One has to wonder why the cutoff for mobile parking pass transfer is on Tuesday and not until after kickoff. With the move to the mobile platform you would think that the wise decision going forward is not to limit fans control of their tickets and parking passes. Now I would think it would only be fair if someone wants to transfer a pass after the cutoff then that pass should be refunded in full. Most of the time when fans get stuck with extra parking passes or even tickets it tends to happen with a last minute change in plans. Seems to me make this policy to give refunds after the cutoff and everyone is happy.
What refund? These were given to 2022 parking pass holders for free. I have two spots and was given two passes, I did not pay for them.

ADVERTISEMENT