ADVERTISEMENT

Blue-White

Ohio state had thousands of people in the stands, were on statewide radio, and on the B1G. Penn state had Cory Giger.
I exaggerate but clearly their is a reason Ohio state outperforms PSU and will continue to do so. BTW they featured several top notch PA kids and mentioned that on the radio broadcast whenever they could. St. Joe’s prep (philly) has at least two kids who they expect to play substantial roles
The administration doesn’t care. Still want tight CoVid protocols in place and that’s why the team still has three practices left. As usual, look to the top. Buffoons are running the University.

The administration doesn’t care. Still want tight CoVid protocols in place and that’s why the team still has three practices left. As usual, look to the top. Buffoons are running the University.
BTW. Ohio state spring game is in B1G again right now

Lots of businesses EVERYWHERE have been harmed by the pandemic. State College businesses are no different. The notion the PSU football has some duty to them which requires them to do something the coach thinks is a bad idea is horsesh!t.
That's been bugging me lately too. I live 90 miles from State College. While I wish local SC businesses all the best, I'm not going to make a special trip there simply to give them my money. My local businesses need support as well.

Last edited:
That's been bugged me lately too. I live 90 miles from State College. While I wish local SC businesses all the best, I'm not going to make a special trip there simply to give them my money. My local businesses need support as well.
Perhaps Franklin should have asked if he could play the Blue-White game at Ohio Stadium? Or at Marshall? Screw the State College community!

BTW. Ohio state spring game is in B1G again right now
On the one hand, not sure many recruits are watching BTN and being influenced heavily by what happens to be on TV at the time.

On the other, OSU is pretty masterful at public relations and getting the entire university (and state) behind football. OSU alums are on virtually every national CFB show, and their social media presence is borderline cult-like. It really is SEC-type dedication. There's more PSU can do to catch up, but not sure we'll ever match their effort. Having a game with fans in the stands guarantees air time, and they recognize the utility in that.

There's only so much you can conclude from a glorified practice, but man, Marvin Harrison Jr. is going to be a load. Meanwhile, Michigan seems to be going the other direction with WRs. Just lost their prized WR recruit, and others have transferred out. Probably for the best that they didn't televise whatever dumpster fire they're trotting out there.

Last edited:
On the one hand, not sure many recruits are watching BTN and being influenced heavily by what happens to be on TV at the time.

On the other, OSU is pretty masterful at public relations and getting the entire university (and state) behind football. OSU alums are on virtually every national CFB show, and their social media presence is borderline cult-like. It really is SEC-type dedication. There's more PSU can do to catch up, but not sure we'll ever match their effort. Having a game with fans in the stands guarantees air time, and they recognize the utility in that.

There's only so much you can conclude from a glorified practice, but man, Marvin Harrison Jr. is going to be a load. Meanwhile, Michigan seems to be going the other direction with WRs. Just lost their prized WR recruit, and others have transferred out. Probably for the best that they didn't televise whatever dumpster fire they're trotting out there.
Beating OSU and challenging for B1G titles will do 10x more for recruiting than televising the spring game. I get why Franklin is doing it but also think he’s missing an opportunity, every little bit helps. I’m just not going whine and cry about. I’ll save that for the first loss.🤣

Beating OSU and challenging for B1G titles will do 10x more for recruiting than televising the spring game. I get why Franklin is doing it but also think he’s missing an opportunity, every little bit helps. I’m just not going whine and cry about. I’ll save that for the first loss.🤣
Yeah, not sure it makes a huge difference one way or the other. Getting 2+ hours of dedicated exposure where the network is only talking about us is a good thing. Will it convince Enai White to commit? Will it reshape recruit perception? Probably not.

Got to win on the field.

Yeah, not sure it makes a huge difference one way or the other. Getting 2+ hours of dedicated exposure where the network is only talking about us is a good thing. Will it convince Enai White to commit? Will it reshape recruit perception? Probably not.

Got to win on the field.
I doubt any blue chip recruit is swayed by a televised spring game. That's fanboy fantasy. Now a white out experience to a top recruit who has narrowed his choices to 2 or 3 schools......that's a horse of a different color.

Perhaps Franklin could have cared less about a spring "game?"
Perhaps not. Seems like Saban and Day and others know the value of getting good PR for their team and were able to support their local communities as an ancillary benefit. But what do they know?

No worries, I am sure the really prized recruits will be listening to Ham radio for the Steve Jones interview of the Student Bookstore clerk coverage of our Spring game.

And screw State College anyhow. The town and Penn State fans did not support the program when the powers to be decided to f’ over the rightfully revered face of the University.

I doubt any blue chip recruit is swayed by a televised spring game. That's fanboy fantasy. Now a white out experience to a top recruit who has narrowed his choices to 2 or 3 schools......that's a horse of a different color.
The real fanboy fantasy is thinking that each and every decision made by “our administration/coach” is correct.

That kind of blind following is what epitomizes the true fanboy.

Really? These PR savvy five and four stars don’t care how they are marketed?

The real fanboy fantasy is thinking that each and every decision made by “our administration/coach” is correct.

Tread lightly dude. You KNOW football coaches are geniuses whose decisions shall never be questioned, especially by the great unwashed masses who have never patrolled the sidelines...

Perhaps not. Seems like Saban and Day and others know the value of getting good PR for their team and were able to support their local communities as an ancillary benefit. But what do they know?

No worries, I am sure the really prized recruits will be listening to Ham radio for the Steve Jones interview of the Student Bookstore clerk coverage of our Spring game.

And screw State College anyhow. The town and Penn State fans did not support the program when the powers to be decided to f’ over the rightfully revered face of the University.
"Prized recruits" are pretty sophisticated and it's very unlikely they are excited about an intrasquad controlled and somewhat scripted scrimmage practice. Good Lord.

Speaking as a "defined" by you fanboy....I wouldn't' argue if the decision was "correct" or "incorrect." Unlike you, I am not privy to all the factors that weighed into the decision. Good for you. In addition, I could care less if my favorite college team runs a scrimmage in April.

Tread lightly dude. You KNOW football coaches are geniuses whose decisions shall never be questioned, especially by the great unwashed masses who have never patrolled the sidelines...
Well it is a known fact that the world here is divided into two categories....those who are employed as D1 coaches at PSU and those who think they could be! LOL

"Prized recruits" are pretty sophisticated and it's very unlikely they are excited about an intrasquad controlled and somewhat scripted scrimmage practice. Good Lord.

Speaking as a "defined" by you fanboy....I wouldn't' argue if the decision was "correct" or "incorrect." Unlike you, I am not privy to all the factors that weighed into the decision. Good for you. In addition, I could care less if my favorite college team runs a scrimmage in April.
Excellent. Do you care if they play in the Fall too? They made an attempt not to last last year - with an assist by Kevin Warren...and followed through by opting out of a bowl invite.

Of course, I am not privy to all of the info either. But I have a hard time imagining why, at a minimum, the Blue-White event could not have at least been televised. I don’t think I need a desk right outside as Sandy’s door to have enough data. They did permit a few freshman and families in - so I guess people were not dropping in the parking lot.

And to show they know they were wrong, they backpedaled a bit further with yet another closed practice next Friday for seniors because so many objected.

I also can best review that O$U and Bama and most other programs that count (and quite a few that don’t) managed to have both Spring games - both with many l, many fans and fully televised.

But don’t let those facts get in the way of fanboy loyalty to the Administration.

Reactions: KanePoster
I doubt anyone is getting an endorsement after a Blue and White Game. LOL
actually I would bet that Saban's marketing team were all over social media with personal messaging using their game as content. that actually would not even be creative - it would just be normal marketing.

Reactions: MacNit07
Excellent. Do you care if they play in the Fall too? They made an attempt not to last last year - with an assist by Kevin Warren...and followed through by opting out of a bowl invite.

Of course, I am not privy to all of the info either. But I have a hard time imagining why, at a minimum, the Blue-White event could not have at least been televised. I don’t think I need a desk right outside as Sandy’s door to have enough data. They did permit a few freshman and families in - so I guess people were not dropping in the parking lot.

And to show they know they were wrong, they backpedaled a bit further with yet another closed practice next Friday for seniors because so many objected.

I also can best review that O$U and Bama and most other programs that count (and quite a few that don’t) managed to have both Spring games - both with many l, many fans and fully televised.

But don’t let those facts get in the way of fanboy loyalty to the Administration.
#1 I see no correlation between playing a "spring game" and a fall regular season. Please enlighten me.
#2 You just admitted that you have no idea what the circumstances surrounding the decision may have been.
#3 It would be helpful if you were able to comprehend that Kevin Warren had no part of the decision to play or not play in the Big Ten. Barron voted not to play originally. Why label Warren?
#4 Ohio State had a "Spring Game." That is a fact. So what? "Mommy everyone else is doing it!" Holding my breath and stamping my feet.
#5 The reality is that PSU had an intrasquad controlled scrimmage yesterday. They just didn't let you tailgate, damn.
#6 Don't confuse fanboy loyalty with having a life of my own to live and not being hysterical about a scrimmage.

Reactions: lockhavenlion3
actually I would bet that Saban's marketing team were all over social media with personal messaging using their game as content. that actually would not even be creative - it would just be normal marketing.
I'll bet too! We are so behind. Time to rise up and take action! Fire Franklin!

I doubt anyone is getting an endorsement after a Blue and White Game. LOL
Really? Don’t forget the ncaa just showed endorsements. A freshman CB had two interceptions, one for a TD. How many shirts or cards could have been sold yesterday. I can tell you for a fact that tOSU is actively looking into graphic designers to help kids brand, capture and bring to market likenesses.

kids aren’t looking for cool letter sweaters and traditions. They are about maximizing their revenue potential

Reactions: Midnighter2
Really? Don’t forget the ncaa just showed endorsements. A freshman CB had two interceptions, one for a TD. How many shirts or cards could have been sold yesterday. I can tell you for a fact that tOSU is actively looking into graphic designers to help kids brand, capture and bring to market likenesses.

kids aren’t looking for cool letter sweaters and traditions. They are about maximizing their revenue potential
Just another reason Ohio State is the team to root for, right?

They win, we don’t.
"We?" Why would we root for PSU? We deserve better.
We don't go under center
We don't have a fullback
We run our QB too much
We have a coach that can't tell time, interferes with the OC, just generally gets in the way on game day.
We can't get the blue chip recruits from Pa.
We can't beat OSU
We can't win the Big Ten, so we can't get to the playoffs and we aren't elite.
We never play the right players especially QBs
We opted out of a bowl game
Now we don't understand how important it is to market our players.....hell we can't even have a spring game!
We? Not me man! I'm just here for the good company.

Last edited:
"We?" Why would we root for PSU? We deserve better.
We don't go under center
We don't have a fullback
We run our QB too much
We have a coach that can't tell time, interferes with the OC, just generally gets in the way on game day.
We can't get the blue chip recruits from Pa.
We can't beat OSU
We can't win the Big Ten, so we can't get to the playoffs and we aren't elite.
We never play the right players especially QBs
We opted out of a bowl game
Now we don't understand how important it is to market our players.....hell we can't even have a spring game!
We? Not me man! I'm just here for the good company.
Really? I'm guessing most impartial observers would say you're a bitter old man spouting $hit because you once roamed the Earth among the other jolly green giant football coaches of the world. That last part is just kind of how I see you in my head, nothing personal.

Really? I'm guessing most impartial observers would say you're a bitter old man spouting $hit because you once roamed the Earth among the other jolly green giant football coaches of the world. That last part is just kind of how I see you in my head, nothing personal.
No just parroting what the experts here have told me. They've opened my eyes to how bad things are in the PSU Football program.

#1 I see no correlation between playing a "spring game" and a fall regular season. Please enlighten me.
#2 You just admitted that you have no idea what the circumstances surrounding the decision may have been.
#3 It would be helpful if you were able to comprehend that Kevin Warren had no part of the decision to play or not play in the Big Ten. Barron voted not to play originally. Why label Warren?
#4 Ohio State had a "Spring Game." That is a fact. So what? "Mommy everyone else is doing it!" Holding my breath and stamping my feet.
#5 The reality is that PSU had an intrasquad controlled scrimmage yesterday. They just didn't let you tailgate, damn.
#6 Don't confuse fanboy loyalty with having a life of my own to live and not being hysterical about a scrimmage.
No one is hysterical - maybe you. One can not point out any mistakes without having 100% of data in your world...very academic outlook. I and others are simply pointing out an easily identifiable administrative mistake. There is plenty enough data to draw that conclusion.
That said, life goes on.

Perhaps Franklin could have cared less about a spring "game?"
In this case, if that were true, maybe we need a plan B. It's a competition for the kids and their minds and intent... you let the other guy have his way with you... well, welcome to prison (in this case, perennially 3rd in the B1G east... and perhaps getting FUBAR is cool by some... not by me and I pray, not by our coach).

In this case, if that were true, maybe we need a plan B. It's a competition for the kids and their minds and intent... you let the other guy have his way with you... well, welcome to prison (in this case, perennially 3rd in the B1G east... and perhaps getting FUBAR is cool by some... not by me and I pray, not by our coach).
The spring game is a scrimmage, just like they had on Saturday. No difference in the competition.....just had fewer fans. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT