ADVERTISEMENT

Blocked field goal was not 95's fault.

BisbeeMike

Jul 6, 2017
Just looked at it again and you can youtube it, because posting it would be redundant. Slowed it down to .25 speed, and clearly you can see what happened. The block had nothing to do with 95, or 16, or the snap, or for that matter 98 for Iowa, who simply ran in to the backfield untouched. Without naming names, you can see what happened and how it happened. It was not the only time this happened either. I'd say the staff will either make a change, or coach the kid up, as he is part of our future on the O line.

Didnt need to slow it down. This was obvious in real time. Hard to believe how poor that execution was....

In fairness, I will add that I have talked to a few old buddies who are Iowa fans, and the folks they know who went to the game, said it was the loudest they have ever heard Kinnick, and these people have been going to Iowa games since the 1970's and 1980's. It was more pressure than imaginable for a first conference road game. But, outside of that, we REALLY REALLY missed Chasz Wright. That is his spot on the FG team also(no, it wasn't Fries who replaced him on FG O line), and no way that happens with 77 out there in that spot. Man, before the game you could not have told me, but after this game, it is crystal clear how much we need Chasz Wright to be able to go.

the blocked kick was a missed block by a lineman. for whatever reason, the lineman puts his head down and stood there and really didn't move to try and slow down teh Iowa guy.

Reactions: Mixolydian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT