ADVERTISEMENT

Birthday greetings on this Wednesday ...

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
(again, filling in for fair while he's working on his bucket list)

Our first greetings go out to a lady that Mr. Gambit enjoyed on the big screen and on TV. Her film portfolio included Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Li'l Abner, The Rookie, The Marriage-Go-Round, For Love or Money, Mackenna's Gold, The Maltese Bippy, Hysterical, Streetwalkin', Evils of the Night, Real Men, Deeps Space, and Oblivion. She also appeared on a number popular TV series, including Route 66, Twilight Zone, F Troop, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Monkees, Star Trek, Get Smart, McCloud, Bewitched, Columbo, McMillian & Wife, The Bionic Woman, CHiPs, Fantasy Island, and Hart to Hart. Her greatest fame came for her portrayal of Catwoman in the Batman TV series. (I must be getting old if Catwoman is celebrating her 84th birthday.) She was born Julia Newmeyer, but is known to fair and her fans as Julie Newmar

740full-julie-newmar.jpg

740full-julie-newmar.jpg

740full-julie-newmar.jpg

Our next greetings go out to a lady that Mr. Gambit enjoyed on the big screen and on TV. Her film credits include The Happiest Millionaire, Harry and Walter Go to New York, Treasure of the Yankee Zephyr, Victor Victoria, A Night in Heaven, Choose Me, Songwriter, Clue, Burglar, Cop, Delivering Milo, and Secretary. She's more famous for her TV work. She gained early fame for her portrayal of Dana Lambert on the original Mission: Impossible TV show. She also appeared in Harold Robbins' 79 Park Avenue, Family of Spies, Pearl and on popular series such as Gunsmoke, Dr. Kildare, Columbo, Touched by an Angel, The Practice, Crossing Jordan, Will & Grace, Desperate Housewives, and Psych. She's also somewhat famous for missing out on 2 big film roles -- Liesl in The Sound of Music, and Lois Lane in Superman. The lovely Lesley Ann Warren

740full-lesley-ann-warren.jpg

Our next greetings go out to a lady that Mr. Gambit has enjoyed on TV and on the big screen. On TV, she's appeared in episodes of Search for Tomorrow, Spenser: For Hire, A Man Called Hawk, Tour of Duty, Thirtysomething, The Cosby Show, and ER. Her movie appearances include films such as Kindergarten Cop, Malcolm X, Waiting to Exhale, Supernova, The Score, Akeelah and the Bee, Notorious, Green Latern, Olympus Has Fallen, London Has Fallen, and the two movies that garnered her the most fame, How Stella Got Her Groove Back and What's Love Got to Do with It. The lovely Angela Bassett

740full-angela-bassett.jpg

Our next greetings go out to a lady that I'm not sure how Mr. Gambit feels about, but he's certainly take notice of her voice and her big screen career. She's created several songs that reached #1 on the chats, including "Like a Virgin," "Papa Don't Preach," "Like a Prayer," "Vogue," "Take a Bow," "Frozen," "Music," "Hung Up," and "4 Minutes." She's appeared on the big screen in movies such as Desperately Seeking Susan, Shanghai Surprise, Dick Tracy, A League of Their Own, Evita, and Die Another Day. She was born Madonna Louise Ciccone but is known to fair and her fans as simply Madonna

740full-madonna.jpg

740full-madonna.jpg

740full-madonna.jpg

Our next greetings go out to a lady that Mr. Gambit has enjoyed as a model, on TV, and on the big screen. Her TV portfolio includes appearing on popular series like The Fugitive, Touched by an Angel, 24, Private Practice, Hawaii Five-O (2nd one), Fairly Legal, and Once Upon a Time, while also starring in TV films such as The Craigslist Killer and The Anna Nicole Story. At the movies, Mr. Gambit has enjoyed her performances in Murder by Numbers, Stateside, Haven, Dreamland, The Woods, Blood & Chocolate, Breaking the Girls, The Pact, The Citizen, and Wrong Cops. The lovely Agnes Bruckner

740full-agnes-bruckner.jpg

Our final greetings go to a lady that was born across the pond. Mr. Gambit has enjoyed her work on the big screen. She's appeared in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 1, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows -- Part 2, (she portrayed Luna Lovegood in these movies), GBF, Danny and the Human Zoo, and My Name is Emily. The lovely Evanna Lynch

740full-evanna-lynch.jpg

740full-evanna-lynch.jpg

740full-evanna-lynch.jpg

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Now it's not completely fair, after all Madonna has been on the scene for 35 years and we all get older. At the same time, I don't think she aged very well at all. There's a lot of hard miles there.

But as a musical superstar she is as big as it gets. And in the 80's? Whooooo boy . . . .

080fb057cd5fe8c106790dd3fd22cd9b--madonna-young-madonna-hair.jpg

dde2cae25ee045276b7467ebcb6761f0--madonna-pics-s-madonna.jpg

I just wish it was the 15th again, or that everyday could be Jennifer Lawrence's birthday

Now it's not completely fair, after all Madonna has been on the scene for 35 years and we all get older. At the same time, I don't think she aged very well at all. There's a lot of hard miles there.

But as a musical superstar she is as big as it gets. And in the 80's? Whooooo boy . . . .

080fb057cd5fe8c106790dd3fd22cd9b--madonna-young-madonna-hair.jpg

dde2cae25ee045276b7467ebcb6761f0--madonna-pics-s-madonna.jpg

Sheesh, she's like 60 isn't she? Can only hope my wife ages so poorly by 60.

I have a woman doctor as well. She's great and I have 100% confidence in her.

But she is ugly enough to scare a bulldog off a meat wagon.

I only chose my female doctor because she has tiny fingers (a medical consideration at my age!), but she is also quite attractive. Makes for an interesting session when she's checking me for a hernia.

I know, I know.....throwing a flag on myself!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT