ADVERTISEMENT

Bills get Jesse Jamed!

Next to last play of the half....again...unreal.....how is that not an effing catch! This has gotten effing ridiculous...i dont wanna hear that Belicheat doesnt get every damn call...

The NFL needs to get its officiating in order. They are micromanaging waaaay too much. Everyone outside New England thought that was a Bills TD but yet the nfl review official overturns it.

The NFL needs to get its officiating in order. They are micromanaging waaaay too much. Everyone outside New England thought that was a Bills TD but yet the nfl review official overturns it.

You are incorrect....Even the fans in NE think it was a catch. My son's girlfriend is at the game...she just texted him, "That's a catch."

Reactions: RochLion and psu00
They have ruined the game with this microscopic review with instant replay. That's now what it is for. First they say 'indisputable evidence' and then they actually OVERTURN a call based on miniscule evidence at best (sometimes .. and other times they don't). How about we get rid of the refs and have 10 people look at video reviews of every single play?

They took a good thing and ruined it.

They have ruined the game with this microscopic review with instant replay. That's now what it is for. First they say 'indisputable evidence' and then they actually OVERTURN a call based on miniscule evidence at best (sometimes .. and other times they don't). How about we get rid of the refs and have 10 people look at video reviews of every single play?

They took a good thing and ruined it.

Exactly. “Indisputable evidence” to overturn a call has now morphed into looking for any reason- real or imagined- to overturn calls.

Reactions: rjg82 and RochLion
On the diving catch that the Bills’ receiver was marked as in bounds and kept the clock running... How can they say he was down in bounds when he hadn’t yet “survived the ground”? The rules are a joke.
Good point! I'm sure there some esoteric logic behind keeping the clock going.

Good point! I'm sure there some esoteric logic behind keeping the clock going.
No. Just that he was tackled inbounds. I do feel TD before half shouldn't have been overturned. The NFL has been ruling passes like the one to James incomplete for 8 years. Pitt still had 2 plays to win game or kick a gimme FG to force OT. Yinz blew it.

I hate that illogic, if he scored why would he need two more plays.

Bills today lost 10 points in a scoring swing that put the game away for the patriots.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I hate that illogic, if he scored why would he need two more plays.

Bills today lost 10 points in a scoring swing that put the game away for the patriots.

Absolutely ridiculous.
10? They got a FG. I'll give you 4.

No. Just that he was tackled inbounds. I do feel TD before half shouldn't have been overturned. The NFL has been ruling passes like the one to James incomplete for 8 years. Pitt still had 2 plays to win game or kick a gimme FG to force OT. Yinz blew it.

The NFL never rules it against the Patriots....

Every damn call
The New England media would have you believe that the reason they get every single call is because their esteemed coach coaches every single player up to know every minute detail of the rule book. That’s right...you read that correctly...the league ruled that Jessie James didn’t survive the ground because bill belichick made sure all of his players know all the rules.

Not a terribly swift fan base up here in the northeast.

Reactions: bkmtnittany1
Next to last play of the half....again...unreal.....how is that not an effing catch! This has gotten effing ridiculous...i dont wanna hear that Belicheat doesnt get every damn call...

In reality it isn't being "Jessie James'd"......is being "Dez Bryant'd". The Cowboys lost a playoff game on this rule a few years ago.

All plays count.
Steelers got flag picked up on early TD with 3 OL downfield.
Bills ‘may’ have gotten away with down by contact on pic6.

Reactions: mn78psu83
All plays count.
Steelers got flag picked up on early TD with 3 OL downfield.
Bills ‘may’ have gotten away with down by contact on pic6.

Bullshit....none of those calls go to a replay cheat on Park Ave in NYC...

In reality it isn't being "Jessie James'd"......is being "Dez Bryant'd". The Cowboys lost a playoff game on this rule a few years ago.
True enough, but as this is a Penn State board and Mr. James is an alumnus of said university, the term has been upgraded to acclimatize to its surroundings.

So Comcast Sports in Boston and Matt Chatham of NESN both stated that the NFL made the correct call, so now I feel a whole lot better. In fact, Chatham said that he saw a second replay that showed Benjamin bobbling the ball! Wow...has anyone else seen this shot? But since both NE sport stations said the NFL was correct all is good!!!

Saw this pic today. Not sure if he meant this or not. Pats won by 21. Call was a 4 pt difference, if you think it shouldn't have been
overturned.

https://usatpatriotswire.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/gettyimages-898097216.jpg?w=680&h=420&crop=1

Call didnt have anything to do with outcome, Pats are the better team. But if it does anything the delusional NE fans can't possibly say that the NFL has it in for them....BTW...the Bills qb said that the refs told him that it should have stayed a TD. I think NFL refs are getting fed up with this review dude...

Call didnt have anything to do with outcome, Pats are the better team. But if it does anything the delusional NE fans can't possibly say that the NFL has it in for them....BTW...the Bills qb said that the refs told him that it should have stayed a TD. I think NFL refs are getting fed up with this review dude...
I wouldn't have had a problem with the call if it was ruled stands as called on field FWIW. Inconclusive video shown during reviews.

On the other hand, the stupid rule about maintaining possession to the ground is dumb. But, it's the rule. There are literally plays every
week like Jesse's where a pass is caught(old rule) and then the player falls to the ground and the ball pops. Oops. No catch. I don't like
the rule. But, it's the way they call it.

I wouldn't have had a problem with the call if it was ruled stands as called on field FWIW. Inconclusive video shown during reviews.

On the other hand, the stupid rule about maintaining possession to the ground is dumb. But, it's the rule. There are literally plays every
week like Jesse's where a pass is caught(old rule) and then the player falls to the ground and the ball pops. Oops. No catch. I don't like
They called it [James] wrong. 100% wrong.

The rules states possession has to be maintained through initial contact with the ground. James had it for the initial contact. Clearly. Conclusively. Irrefutable video evidence confirmed it as such.

Exactly where does it say that a receiver needs to maintain possession after three contacts with the ground? It doesn't. Anywhere.

The unwritten rule is that the replay judge flips a coin before each review. Heads they overturn it. Tails it stands.

it comes down to when the think the play is "over". if they just followed the logic they do on running plays it would be simple. at the goal line, once the ball penetrates the goal in full possession, the play is OVER. they way we are going you are going to start seeing players on the ground in the EZ wrestle for possession like the Thompkins OSU TD. the announcers in that game actually thought it was an INT like the dumb call.

in the field of play, we just treat catches like running plays and we will be okay.

They called it [James] wrong. 100% wrong.

The rules states possession has to be maintained through initial contact with the ground. James had it for the initial contact. Clearly. Conclusively. Irrefutable video evidence confirmed it as such.

Exactly where does it say that a receiver needs to maintain possession after three contacts with the ground? It doesn't. Anywhere.

The unwritten rule is that the replay judge flips a coin before each review. Heads they overturn it. Tails it stands.
You don't watch much football.

Bills screwed again on fumble call by Miami!!!! Which the Bills took back for a TD! No friggin irrefutable evidence!!! Sorry, but it feels like the Bills are PSU of the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT