ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Peduto, Pittsburgh mayor, Penn State grad, to be Pitt commencement speaker.

nittany dave

Dec 1, 2001
Bill Peduto, Pittsburgh mayor,and Penn State grad, will be Pitt's commencement speaker. Yes, he has a master's from Pitt, but everyone's entitled to one mistake. Please submit your suggestions on what Mayor Peduto should say.

I did my grad work at Pitt while working in Pittsburgh. Although I was accepted at Tepper, my employer would not reimburse me for their full tuition. Should I have commuted to State College two nights a week to attend lectures, or spent $15k of my own money for an MBA? This was before online classes were available! ;)

Having a PSU grad as their mayor and commencement speaker is the perfect way to prepare them to go out into the state and work for PSU grads.

I wonder how many will skip graduation, sure getting a Pitt degree isn't really a big deal, but I'm betting many will be at some pro sport, the Opera, or one of Pittsburgh's many restaurants.

Reactions: nittany dave
"Congratulations on completing your coursework at an excellent academic institution -- one that contributes greatly to the well-being of everyone in this region. Sorry 'bout your sports teams, tho."

Reactions: pandaczar12
Once you receive that Pitt diploma all free beverages are null and void. You MUST pay for them.

Bill Peduto, Pittsburgh mayor,and Penn State grad, will be Pitt's commencement speaker. Yes, he has a master's from Pitt, but everyone's entitled to one mistake. Please submit your suggestions on what Mayor Peduto should say.

I have known Bill since elementary school, we went to high school together and he went to University Park for my last two years at PSU.

Bill is more liberal than most of the people that we grew up with, but he is extremely sincere about his beliefs. He is a perfect big city Mayor as he does not have grander ambitions and being Mayor is the dream job for Bill. He is the kind of person who wants to get the calls about potholes, garbage issues etc.....

Bill is overall a nice/ good person who is a good representative of PSU.

Having a PSU grad as their mayor and commencement speaker is the perfect way to prepare them to go out into the state and work for PSU grads.

I wonder how many will skip graduation, sure getting a Pitt degree isn't really a big deal, but I'm betting many will be at some pro sport, the Opera, or one of Pittsburgh's many restaurants.

Seeing as your school is a degree factory and hands them out online now like Strayer University, I don’t think it’s a big deal either “public ivy” :/

"Would the football and basketball players who have stuck with Pitt and are graduating, those who haven't transferred or left early for the NFL despite poor draft grades... please stand up."

*Pause*

"Would all the student athletes that have achieved a national championship while at Pitt... please stand up."

*Pause*

"Would ex-Pitt athlete in attendance who has won an NCAA national championship while at Pitt... please stand up."

*Pause*

"Is this mic on?"

Seeing as your school is a degree factory and hands them out online now like Strayer University, I don’t think it’s a big deal either “public ivy” :/

So basically after you post some typical ASWP nonsense, your post boils down to the fact that you agree with me, that getting a Pitt degree is not a big deal. Cool.

ADVERTISEMENT