ADVERTISEMENT

Bill O Brien

BOB is, and always was, an NFL guy.
PSU was a resume building stop. He had no head coaching experience on his resume and being a Belichick coordinator wasn’t going to get him a top job based on the performances of Weiss, Romeo C., Mangini and others.
BOB was gonna be a short-timer at PSU from the moment he signed his contract. Anybody with half a brain could see that. It was a no-lose for him. Thrive in an impossible situation and he’s a golden boy. And if he’d struggle, he’d return to the NFL undamaged with HC experience on his resume.
PSU took advantage of the deal, too. Got a coach with some pedigree to guide the program out of the depths. PSU did far better with this hire than I ever imagined possible.
Bottom line: Both sides used each other to get what they needed at the time, then went their separate ways in the direction they wanted to go.
Like every coach, BOB said what he had to say so as not to show his cards while career decisions were being made. If that bruised a couple ego or irritated a few fans, oh well...
BOB used PSU.
PSU used BOB.
Both were better off by the time they split.

What laughable bullshit - how precisely did FLO raise anything from "the depths" when he inherited a rooster loaded with returning starters that would go on to produce double-digit NFL Players and make up virtually all of his 2-Deep during his 2-year tenure but for Hackenberg in 2013....versus FLO leaving the cupboard utterly bare and recruiting (especially in PA) in a complete shambles (as well as lying to both current players and committed recruits that he was going nowhere and talking to no one while in the act of negotiating and signing a contract to leave!) after his 2 year stint which violated his LT Contract and guarantee that he demanded!!!

If anybody rescued a rooster that had been depleted by a former coach for self-serving reasons (FLO more interested, and focused, on horse-trading his PSU Contract than recruiting and doing his job!), it was James Franklin who inherited the absolute abortion that narcissistic, scumbag HYPOCRITE FLO handed him! It most certainly wasn't FLO who inherited a rooster loaded with returning underclassmen starters and future NFL players!

He was being paid $4 million a year at PSU before any bonuses and he didn't like the amount of "time off" he was receiving... Cry me a phucking river FLO, what a narcissistic self-pitying douche to expect people to view his "good fortune" (which is what PSU giving him his FIRST MULTI-MILLION $$$ a year HC Contract was!) was actually awful drudgery and with little recompense??? What laughable, self-serving bullshit like everything else FLO floats...

I don't think you appreciate how much time he had to spend putting together presentations for the bot.

Reactions: Connorpozlee
I don't think BoB will be roaming the sidelines at Marilyn or any other college. He doesn't care for the politics or kissing the asses of high school kids on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: mcgunns
What laughable bullshit - how precisely did FLO raise anything from "the depths" when he inherited a rooster loaded with returning starters that would go on to produce double-digit NFL Players and make up virtually all of his 2-Deep during his 2-year tenure but for Hackenberg in 2013....versus FLO leaving the cupboard utterly bare and recruiting (especially in PA) in a complete shambles (as well as lying to both current players and committed recruits that he was going nowhere and talking to no one while in the act of negotiating and signing a contract to leave!) after his 2 year stint which violated his LT Contract and guarantee that he demanded!!!

If anybody rescued a rooster that had been depleted by a former coach for self-serving reasons (FLO more interested, and focused, on horse-trading his PSU Contract than recruiting and doing his job!), it was James Franklin who inherited the absolute abortion that narcissistic, scumbag HYPOCRITE FLO handed him! It most certainly wasn't FLO who inherited a rooster loaded with returning underclassmen starters and future NFL players!
bushy, thank you for perfect example of why you are pretty much considered the supreme _____! (anyone care to fill in the blank?) on this board!

well...you could read-up on what was written based on interviews with the players and coaches. You could list to guys like Mauti who insist BoB was instrumental in limiting the number of kids that left the program because they didn't want to play for a program associated with allowing kids to be raped (not the truth, but the narrative the press was spinning). You can talk to a kid like Hack who was a five star QB who could have gone anywhere in the nation but legitimized PSU recruiting because he wanted to play for BOB.

I was not happy BOB left but I am today. I feel things worked out for the best. I am not sure, with some team problems CJF had at Vandy, he would have been a good choice at the time. I am not sure how many coaches wanted the job at the time. I think BOBs plain spoken, blue-collar way worked to our advantage. And I am happy he left when he did and we got a used care salesmen as our head coach.

Honestly, we could simply not have hoped to be in a better situation today based on where we were in the spring of 2012.

I don't think BoB will be roaming the sidelines at Marilyn or any other college. He doesn't care for the politics or kissing the asses of high school kids on the recruiting trail.

Perhaps, but it may be the best offer he gets.

well...you could read-up on what was written based on interviews with the players and coaches. You could list to guys like Mauti who insist BoB was instrumental in limiting the number of kids that left the program because they didn't want to play for a program associated with allowing kids to be raped (not the truth, but the narrative the press was spinning). You can talk to a kid like Hack who was a five star QB who could have gone anywhere in the nation but legitimized PSU recruiting because he wanted to play for BOB.

I was not happy BOB left but I am today. I feel things worked out for the best. I am not sure, with some team problems CJF had at Vandy, he would have been a good choice at the time. I am not sure how many coaches wanted the job at the time. I think BOBs plain spoken, blue-collar way worked to our advantage. And I am happy he left when he did and we got a used care salesmen as our head coach.

Honestly, we could simply not have hoped to be in a better situation today based on where we were in the spring of 2012.

I can't wait to see the reply to this one.

tenor.gif

A few years ago when he was feeling the heat in Houston he leaked a story that he was interested in the Maryland job.

I like BOB, but it seems he is really in the hot seat. Houston lost to the Giants today and now have lost 12 of last 13 games. Apparently BOB was booed every time he was shown of the Jumbotron.
The fans may feel like punching their fist through the windshield

Oh but let me get this straight, Paterno's Administration bringing in all these high character kids to the program had nothing to do with PSU's success in whethering the storm caused by the narcissistic, scumbag assholes on PSU's BOT (Board of Thieves, liars and whores)??? Paterno deserves none of the credit for FLO's success despite the fact that FLO INHERITED a roster of players that was LIGHTYEARS better than what Coach Franklin inherited from self-serving, narcissistic, hypocrite asshole and liar FLO. LMFAO at some of you jabronis!

Oh but let me get this straight, Paterno's Administration bringing in all these high character kids to the program had nothing to do with PSU's success in whethering the storm caused by the narcissistic, scumbag assholes on PSU's BOT (Board of Thieves, liars and whores)??? Paterno deserves none of the credit for FLO's success despite the fact that FLO INHERITED a roster of players that was LIGHTYEARS better than what Coach Franklin inherited from self-serving, narcissistic, hypocrite asshole and liar FLO. LMFAO at some of you jabronis!
Ever hear the term "connecting the dots?" You jump to quite a few conclusions in your post. Of course, Paterno deserves a ton of credit but that wasn't the point of the discussion. The point was to discuss BOB and what, if anything, he brought to the program. BOB was an effective and necessary bridge from JVP to CJF, IMHO. I don't think it could have worked out better.

Ever hear the term "connecting the dots?" You jump to quite a few conclusions in your post. Of course, Paterno deserves a ton of credit but that wasn't the point of the discussion. The point was to discuss BOB and what, if anything, he brought to the program. BOB was an effective and necessary bridge from JVP to CJF, IMHO. I don't think it could have worked out better.

Again, laughable bullshit as evidenced by FLO's backstabbing, gratuitous, self-serving, conniving bullshit behavior towards PSU, PSU fans, the program and JVP on his way out the door. Utterly laughable to say that douche deserves credit for much of anything other than being a self-serving, hypocritical, classless scumbag.

Obli, you're a great poster. But you know better. Why are you trying to prove a point to this idiot, let alone one about BOB?

Preppie,
You may have a point somewhere in all this jibberish. But your third word pretty much described the rest of your post.
Step up to the big boy conversation. Try communicating in a sensible style without all the childish name-calling and cute (in your mind only) word play. Maybe some on this board would take you seriously.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
Preppie,
You may have a point somewhere in all this jibberish. But your third word pretty much described the rest of your post.
Step up to the big boy conversation. Try communicating in a sensible style without all the childish name-calling and cute (in your mind only) word play. Maybe some on this board would take you seriously.

I think the word play is cute. So that makes two of us.

Reactions: Safety Blitz
I like BOB, but it seems he is really in the hot seat. Houston lost to the Giants today and now have lost 12 of last 13 games. Apparently BOB was booed every time he was shown of the Jumbotron.
He just got a new contract end of last year. He's not going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT