ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Farrell or Black Knight Invite

You read it wrong. They didn;t qualify for Final X 2020, they qualified for the 2020 Olympic Trials because they qualified for 2019 Final X.
I don’t think so, how they earned it is in parenthesis, after the comma is what they earned.

I assume there are two errors in your last post Roar, Snyder and Burroughs are listed as earning automatic Final X berth, but Final X doesn't exist in Olympic year. Is it like J'Den's semi berth? Or So they somehow get a finals, after the challenger (for want of a better name) bracket is done?
I was using the terminology USA Wrestling used … they are calling it a "Final X berth", just went along with it.

Yes, as World Medalists at an Olympic weight, Burroughs and Snyder go straight to the finals for a best-of-three. Dake and Cox get inserted in the semis. The easiest way to understand it is visually. In the link below, look at page 7.

http://content.themat.com/forms/2020-OLY-MFS.pdf

Reactions: Cowbell Man
I was using the terminology USA Wrestling used … they are calling it a "Final X berth", just went along with it.

Yes, as World Medalists at an Olympic weight, Burroughs and Snyder go straight to the finals for a best-of-three. Dake and Cox get inserted in the semis. The easiest way to understand it is visually. In the link below, look at page 7.

http://content.themat.com/forms/2020-OLY-MFS.pdf
Thanks for the link Roar!
And from looking through the rules, at the weights there is no Olympic weight medalist the finals are still best of 3.

Reactions: nerfstate
Thanks for the link Roar!
And from looking through the rules, at the weights there is no Olympic weight medalist the finals are still best of 3.

According to my reading the finals are best of 3 no matter what. Did I miss something?

I've gone to more than a few Bill Farrell tournaments but can't recall a field as dense as this one. The NCAAs loss is Bill Farrell's gain. My credentials came through so I'll be shooting it start to finish. Really looking forward.

So Flo says they sell tickets at the door. I would think it'll get full pretty quickly with this stacked field. I've never been NYAC. The footage on youtube doesn't like there's much room for spectators. I'd hate to make the drive up there only to get turned away. Anyone have any intel on that?

So Flo says they sell tickets at the door. I would think it'll get full pretty quickly with this stacked field. I've never been NYAC. The footage on youtube doesn't like there's much room for spectators. I'd hate to make the drive up there only to get turned away. Anyone have any intel on that?
There isn't much room for spectators. It's three mats, with only tables on one side and a somewhat narrow walkway on the other. There's an upper walkway circling the room that typically goes unutilized. At each end there's more room and I think some seating, but one of those ends is typically reserved for the wrestlers to warm up. It wasn't built for spectators at all. In most years it's not been a problem but I expect this year will be popular.

World Medalists get a bye to the semi's in the challenge bracket, not to the "Best of 3 Series" the following day. Small Clarification
????? Burroughs and Snyder go straight to the finals, Dake and Cox get inserted.

This language applies to Burroughs and Cox...
"The winner of Part One will face the 2019 World Championship Olympic weight medalist in a series of best‐of‐three matches."

According to my reading the finals are best of 3 no matter what. Did I miss something?
That is what I said.
Originally there was discussion about the weights with World Medalists saying they were best of three but we weren't sure about the other weights. My post said all weights have best of three, the difference is in the medalist weights there is basically a challenger bracket that then leads to the medalist.

World Medalists get a bye to the semi's in the challenge bracket, not to the "Best of 3 Series" the following day. Small Clarification

You're splitting hairs you silly lion....
No hair-splitting at all. The bolded, underlined part above is simply not true for Burroughs and Snyder. This community, and those attending the Trials, if they're interested, should know the process.

Have C113 seats H11-14 for the Black Knight Invite. Sucks but may have to give up in favor of kids’ hockey. If so will know Friday 4pm and sell at face value. If interested please let me know.

Is it me? Who in their right mind wants to pay monthly for the CDT? I am well passed my free limit and get pissed weekly as I click on links asking me to pay. Get some advertisers for crying out loud. I live in Cali and have but one use for CDT and that is PSU wrestling from Nov-Mar. Ok, flame off I feel better now.

Is it me? Who in their right mind wants to pay monthly for the CDT? I am well passed my free limit and get pissed weekly as I click on links asking me to pay. Get some advertisers for crying out loud. I live in Cali and have but one use for CDT and that is PSU wrestling from Nov-Mar. Ok, flame off I feel better now.
Where you been the past 25 years? Newspapers can’t sell ads anymore and stay afloat.

ADVERTISEMENT