ADVERTISEMENT

BIGs

Junglekitty

Feb 15, 2018
Starting the thread to hopefully consolidate the tourney talk moving forward through the weekend. For the first post, I’m just gonna go through the bracket for our guys.

125: Howard gets Barnett(WIS) off the bat. I personally haven’t seen him wrestle this year. If he gets by him, he showed me personally enough in the dual I think he can best Malik(OSU). Here’s to hoping we see him in the semis.

133: Bye for RBY. With Alvarez out, anything less than a final with Desanto(IOWA) would be a little disappointing.

141: Lee involved in the top 3, and everyone else. I think these 3 are the top 3 seeds at NCAA as well. So I expect Nick at 1, Eierman(IOWA) at 2, and Rivera(RUT) at 3 for the big show.

149: Bartlett and Blockhus (MIN). Blockhus has majored Van Brill(RUT), and got majored by Murin(IOWA). Both at 41 last year. If BB beats Blockhus, I think he beats Parriott too.

157: Berge gets Mologousis (ILL). Win that and he has Coleman (Purdue). Last I seen Coleman go, he was very offensive. Berge is tough to score on so that should be one to watch.

165: JLee and Spadafora(MD). Joe already got the best of him once, another win sets up a redemption match with Smith(OSU) who he was beating. If Joe keeps it simple and stays in postition, I’m optimistic.

174 CStar and Spadafora (MD). Maybe my second favorite weight of the tournament. A win here and it sets up a very good match with Labriola(NEB). Labs is funky and offensive. CStar has good defense, and keeps knocking guys off that are #2. Does it happen again?

184: A bye for Brooks so he’ll see Brands(IOWA) or Braunagel(ILL). Either way I don’t think it matters. 5xer?

197: Beard and Janzer(RUT). Advance and see Amine(MICH). I definitely think he’s close, and can do it, I just don’t know if he will. I like the first round match for him, and hopefully he shows the same chip on his shoulder for Amine that he had for Hoffman(OSU).

285: Kerk and Heyob(NU). A few takedowns and a cradle, onto Parris(MICH). A match that is suitable for Saturday night at the show, goes down in the quarters of BIGs, crazy. I think Kerk has the advantage in agility and speed and that’ll be the difference.

Cant wait to get this started, may go to bed now.

Coach Cael will be telling his young'uns to relax and enjoy. Although an important weekend, the big show is in two weeks where coach will have his young'uns peaking.

• Haha
Reactions: ClarencButthorn
At 141, Tariq Wilson at 10-0, ACC Champ and All-American in 2019 could crack the top 3 seeds at nationals. Nick wrestled Tariq in freestyle in late December and won in a shootout, 14-10. Wilson will be a tough out at Nationals.

At 141, Tariq Wilson at 10-0, ACC Champ and All-American in 2019 could crack the top 3 seeds at nationals. Nick wrestled Tariq in freestyle in late December and won in a shootout, 14-10. Wilson will be a tough out at Nationals.
He wrestled one of my top-10 all-time bouts that I saw live at the 2018 Championships.

Team prediction:

1 Iowa 157
2 Penn State 135.5
3 Nebraska 114
4 Michigan 108.5
5 Ohio State 98

ADVERTISEMENT