ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Elite

butchnitt

Oct 24, 2003
Now showing Nebraska 1994 team. Thanks to the sportswriters in the Big Ten we got screwed.

Again just another reason for me to root against EVERY Big 10 team !!

http://www.personal.psu.edu/staff/j/e/jed124/1994_AP_Vote_Maps.html

Who are the two butt-poops in the Pittsburgh area who voted for Nebraska?

It looks to me that PSU got half of the state of Michigan's vote according to that map(1 for and 1 against). It looks like the Free Press snubbed you, which they have a habit of doing to all B1G teams. Look into Drew Sharp present day. His antics are so pathetic they are kind of comical. A running joke so to speak.

They had no choice but to vote for Michigan in 97, as it would of been a major subscriber hit if they didn't. PSU got votes from several other newspapers in the B1G area as well. Had the rest of the country been so split, you might have a case, but cmon OP. You got 5 votes outside of the B1G's 4 votes.

A coach voted Michigan 4th in the 97 poll just to hand it to Neb after Scott Frost cried on national TV to give Osbourne a going away present. Thanks Fulmer and others. It caused a split title. In the AP though, we dominated the countries vote. Something PSU failed to do in 94. You really have no cause to cry about the B1G. Sixty percent of the conference voters fell in line with the far majority of the nation. It happens.

It looks to me that PSU got half of the state of Michigan's vote according to that map(1 for and 1 against). It looks like the Free Press snubbed you, which they have a habit of doing to all B1G teams. Look into Drew Sharp present day. His antics are so pathetic they are kind of comical. A running joke so to speak.

They had no choice but to vote for Michigan in 97, as it would of been a major subscriber hit if they didn't. PSU got votes from several other newspapers in the B1G area as well. Had the rest of the country been so split, you might have a case, but cmon OP. You got 5 votes outside of the B1G's 4 votes.

A coach voted Michigan 4th in the 97 poll just to hand it to Neb after Scott Frost cried on national TV to give Osbourne a going away present. Thanks Fulmer and others. It caused a split title. In the AP though, we dominated the countries vote. Something PSU failed to do in 94. You really have no cause to cry about the B1G. Sixty percent of the conference voters fell in line with the far majority of the nation. It happens.
Yeah, well in '94 much of the vote went to Nebraska as a sympathy for Osborne because he had come so close and not won an NC. The NC is not supposed to be about sympathy but humans vote and humans have emotions.

You really have no cause to cry about the B1G. Sixty percent of the conference voters fell in line with the far majority of the nation. It happens.
When did the BigTen voters ever so badly screw a conference member? It would not have happened in the SEC. It would not have happened in the ACC. The rest of the conference can go to hell.

Yeah, well in '94 much of the vote went to Nebraska as a sympathy for Osborne because he had come so close and not won an NC. The NC is not supposed to be about sympathy but humans vote and humans have emotions.

I totally agree with you. I am just telling you what I saw. Like I said, you got half of the vote in this state, and the one that didn't vote for you is hated by Michigan fans as well. /shrug

When did the BigTen voters ever so badly screw a conference member? It would not have happened in the SEC. It would not have happened in the ACC. The rest of the conference can go to hell.
The B1G voted us out of the 73 Rose Bowl. The ADs did as such, even though by rule it was our turn to go. You are crying about independent newspapers. I mean cmon.

The B1G voted us out of the 73 Rose Bowl. The ADs did as such, even though by rule it was our turn to go. You are crying about independent newspapers. I mean cmon.
And when you were voted out, another Big Ten team took your place, so that's hardly comparable. I don't know if you understand the depth of loathing that many Penn State fans have for this conference, but it's deep. I am a pretty even keeled guy and most of my posts are on the light side, but I despise the BigTen and every other school in it. Just thinking about this shi*thole conference raises my blood pressure (seriously) so I will leave this thread with these few words. F the BigTen.

And when you were voted out, another Big Ten team took your place, so that's hardly comparable. I don't know if you understand the depth of loathing that many Penn State fans have for this conference, but it's deep. I am a pretty even keeled guy and most of my posts are on the light side, but I despise the BigTen and every other school in it. Just thinking about this shi*thole conference raises my blood pressure (seriously) so I will leave this thread with these few words. F the BigTen.

Well said. I went to graduate school at University of Illinois, and although I was never a big Illinois sports fan, I lost all interest after the beckman bullshit in 2012. Now, I never watch Illinois sports. I'm glad I went to Illinois from the standpoint of academics, but screw the Illini. Screw the Big Ten.

Reactions: fairgambit
The biggest travesty of justice in NCAA history was Penn State getting shut out from another MNC in 94...........add 68 & 69 as well.

too bad NU wasnt in the big ten in 94, would never been a doubt after their regular season loss

ADVERTISEMENT