ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2022

Interesting comments on how PSU treated the OC from Minny and now back at Minny. I think that game is going to be a war.
Interesting, I missed Bobby Engram being named OC at Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Obliviax
Interesting comments on how PSU treated the OC from Minny and now back at Minny. I think that game is going to be a war.
That was an interesting comment reardng Cirraca. The assessment of PSU's team was accurate.

Can't blame Franklin for trying to upgrade if he thought he could, however, MY needs to produce this year. They seem to have talent everywhere at the Offensive skilled positions, but the Offensive line needs to be way better than they have been during Franklin's tenure.

Having Clifford back should be a plus, but they need to protect him and take some pressure off of him by being able to run the ball.

Under the Nebraska writ up, a coach started by saying “Obviously”. Any idea who that could be?🤷🏼‍♀️
"Obviously, this is a big year for them. They're talented enough, but is there some kind of mental block here? If they can't come out and win and show some signs that they can build around what they're doing, this is probably it."

The same should be and could be said about Franklin's program.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Can't blame Franklin for trying to upgrade if he thought he could, however, MY needs to produce this year. They seem to have talent everywhere at the Offensive skilled positions, but the Offensive line needs to be way better than they have been during Franklin's tenure.

Having Clifford back should be a plus, but they need to protect him and take some pressure off of him by being able to run the ball.
Agreed. i will say that we were doing pretty well until SC got hurt. The staff didn't want him running the ball to get hurt again, so the RPO really became a no option option. Defenses simply quit defending the QB as a runner. That made it easy: Stop the RB if you are in the front seven and cover the WR's with C and Ss.

And, we didn't have a second-team QB with WL leaving. This is MY's year to prove himself.

Agreed. i will say that we were doing pretty well until SC got hurt. The staff didn't want him running the ball to get hurt again, so the RPO really became a no option option. Defenses simply quit defending the QB as a runner. That made it easy: Stop the RB if you are in the front seven and cover the WR's with C and Ss.

And, we didn't have a second-team QB with WL leaving. This is MY's year to prove himself.
It seemed like the staff picked the wrong second team QB last year until late in the season.

It seemed like the staff picked the wrong second team QB last year until late in the season.
Agreed. there has been some speculation that QB #2 was in the doghouse so QB #3 got thrown into a hornet's nest in Iowa City.

Except that MY is not an upgrade. It was a lateral move at best.

We actually ran the ball pretty well under Kirk Cirocca (sp??) comparatively to the past OCs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT