ADVERTISEMENT

BIG NFL draft trade

nittanyfan333

Aug 30, 2010
Word is 9ers traded up to 3 (dolphins to 12), and subsequently the dolphins traded back up to 6 and the eagles went to 12. Nothing updated on the main sites. Twitter preview (can't get to actual twitter from work) says eagles trade 6 and 156 to dolphins for 12, 123 and 2022 1st rounder. 9ers trade 12 and a 3rd plus 2022 and 2023 1st round pick

For those that follow NFL and teams closer than me. What are the three teams likely positioning for/going after in draft?

For those that follow NFL and teams closer than me. What are the three teams likely positioning for/going after in draft?
As for the niners, a QB. Probably Zach Wilson or Justin Fields, whichever is there at 3. The interesting question is what happens with garoppolo now? Do they hold on to him or more likely trade him now and try to recoup some of that draft capital. Very, very interesting stuff. As for the dolphins, they definitely have the trade bait needed to grab a Watson if they feel like moving on from tua.

normally when you go up to 3 you are going after a QB Now the next question is, what will Jacksonville and the NY jets do are they in the QB market. Id guess at least Jacksonville is, so then you have to guess are there 3 QB's in the draft you are comfortable with?
I would guess the 'Fins want a receiver, unless they are after a QB, but the rumor is, they might trade for Watson with the Texans. They have a bunch of #1 they can mess with.
The Eagles? Who knows what they are doing. I think they think there a bunch of receivers in the draft and at 12 they can get a good one. We'll see. I think the OT goes to the Bengals.

Pretty sure Miami wants a WR near the top of the draft but if the allegations against Watson cause the price tag it would take to trade for him to drop I could see Miami attempting to go that route with these draft picks.

As for the niners, a QB. Probably Zach Wilson or Justin Fields, whichever is there at 3. The interesting question is what happens with garoppolo now? Do they hold on to him or more likely trade him now and try to recoup some of that draft capital. Very, very interesting stuff. As for the dolphins, they definitely have the trade bait needed to grab a Watson if they feel like moving on from tua.
They are saying Garropolo is staying.

Eagles have a lot of holes to fill. They could go CB LB OL or WR at 12

Plus Howie sucks at drafting WR So this takes the decision out of his hands in terms of making choice at 6

Here's a new mock draft that takes into account today's trades. It has QB's going with the first four overall picks, which, if it happens, knocks a guy like Parsons down a slot or two. It also has two Lions going in the first round. Not sure if Oweh will go that high, but would be nice for him if he did.

Eagles must not be in love with anybody at 6 that they don't think they can get at 12.

Fins gotta be thinking WR and just leveraged a few more picks to bump down and get him. Not saying they won't go after Watson, but this move screams "we are going to fleece somebody wanting a QB at 3 because we can get who we want lower".

49ers definitely going QB. Must not have a preference or didn't want to pay more to go to #2...

Eagles must not be in love with anybody at 6 that they don't think they can get at 12.

Fins gotta be thinking WR and just leveraged a few more picks to bump down and get him. Not saying they won't go after Watson, but this move screams "we are going to fleece somebody wanting a QB at 3 because we can get who we want lower".

49ers definitely going QB. Must not have a preference or didn't want to pay more to go to #2...
Howie thinks he looks smart moving up and down It’s nothing to do with who they like at 6. It’s job security

I just really hate that we put ourselves in a draft position immediately following our two NFC East rivals. The Cowboys have a knack for taking the guy we want, and we could have avoid that this year.

I really wanted Pitts at 6, but could this move mean that they’ve convinced Ertz to stay for one more year?

Also, with Carson’s dead money in 2022, I highly doubt we can afford to sign three 1st rounders next year (assuming Carson plays enough to make his conditional pick a 1st).

Make no mistake about it, one of the big 3 wide receivers will still be there at 12, but this feels like Howie is going to let someone else choose who falls to us.

The Dolphins won today. The Eagles would have been better off trading back to 8 or 9 with Denver or Atlanta. They also could’ve waited until closer to the draft.

I just really hate that we put ourselves in a draft position immediately following our two NFC East rivals. The Cowboys have a knack for taking the guy we want, and we could have avoid that this year.

I really wanted Pitts at 6, but could this move mean that they’ve convinced Ertz to stay for one more year?

Also, with Carson’s dead money in 2022, I highly doubt we can afford to sign three 1st rounders next year (assuming Carson plays enough to make his conditional pick a 1st).

Make no mistake about it, one of the big 3 wide receivers will still be there at 12, but this feels like Howie is going to let someone else choose who falls to us.

The Dolphins won today. The Eagles would have been better off trading back to 8 or 9 with Denver or Atlanta. They also could’ve waited until closer to the draft.
What Wentz dead money is there in 2022? I thought it was $34M in 2021 and then completely off the books.

My understanding is that as of today (based on low cap of $182.5M), the Eagles will have $31M in cap space next offseason. That’s big and more than enough to sign three first round picks.

Reactions: Novalions
Dave Wottle wore a golf cap to Olympic gold.

Thanks. I always remembered it as a painter's hat, probably due to watching on a black and white tv.....
Leading up to the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich, Germany, Wottle won the AAU 800 meter title before equaling the world record over 800 meters of 1:44.3 at the US Olympic Trials.

In the 800 meter final at the Olympics, Wottle immediately dropped to the rear of the field, and stayed there for the first 500 m, at which point he started to pass runner after runner up the final straightaway.[5] He seized the lead in the final stretch to beat pre-race favorite Yevgeny Arzhanov of the Soviet Union by just 0.03 seconds. This gained him the nickname of "The Head Waiter". (Another nickname was "Wottle the Throttle").[6] Stunned by his victory, Wottle forgot to remove his cap on the podium during the national anthem. This was interpreted by some as a form of protest, but Wottle later apologized at the news conference following the medals ceremony.[7] He also competed in the 1500 meter run at the Munich Olympics, but he was eliminated in the semi-finals.

His signature cap was originally used for practical purposes. He sported long hair at the peak of his career, so the hat kept his hair out of his face. After realizing the cap was part of his identity and for good luck, he wore it for the remainder of his career.[5]

What Wentz dead money is there in 2022? I thought it was $34M in 2021 and then completely off the books.

My understanding is that as of today (based on low cap of $182.5M), the Eagles will have $31M in cap space next offseason. That’s big and more than enough to sign three first round picks.

Actually....you’re right. There’s no dead money in 2022. I thought I read that there was a 20-some million dollar hit in 22, but I must have either misread or misunderstood because that doesn’t appear to be the case.

That said, I still doubt we draft and sign three 1sts next year. Howie will use that to gather later round picks or to land a veteran if he has an urgent hole to fill.

Reactions: WestSideLion
ADVERTISEMENT