ADVERTISEMENT

Big 10 @ BJC in 2021!!

"The 107th Big Ten wrestling championships will take place sometime prior to the 2021 NCAA championships on March 18, likely March 6-7 if the same trend continues."

so.....when will the "for sure" date(s) be released?
By NCAA Rule (right now), the NCAA Championships are held the "THIRD FULL WEEKEND IN MARCH (Thursday-Saturday)". Most (all?) conference tourneys are held "TWO WEEKENDS PRIOR TO THE FINALS (Friday-Saturday)".

This means the weekend moves back a week (if you will) every 5 or 6 years. For the near future;

NCAA Championships - March 18-20 (St. Louis)
Big Ten Championships - March 6-7 (Penn State)

NCAA Championships - March 17-19 (Detroit)
Big Ten Championships - March 5-6 (Nebraska ??)

NCAA Championships - March 16-18 (Bids process starts next year)
Big Ten Championships - March 4-5 (Michigan or Maryland ??)

NCAA Championships - March 21-23
Big Ten Championships - March 9-10

Last edited:
By NCAA Rule (right now), the NCAA Championships are held the "THIRD FULL WEEKEND IN MARCH (Thursday-Saturday)". Most (all?) conference tourneys are held "TWO WEEKENDS PRIOR TO THE FINALS (Friday-Saturday)".

This means the weekend moves back a week (if you will) every 5 or 6 years. For the near future;

NCAA Championships - March 18-20 (St. Louis)
Big Ten Championships - March 6-7 (Penn State)

NCAA Championships - March 17-19 (Detroit)
Big Ten Championships - March 5-6 (Nebraska ??)

NCAA Championships - March 16-18 (Bids process starts next year)
Big Ten Championships - March 4-5 (Michigan or Maryland ??)

NCAA Championships - March 21-23
Big Ten Championships - March 9-10

Roar.. Bigs are usually Saturday/Sunday... No?

Roar.. Bigs are usually Saturday/Sunday... No?
Yes, for B1G's. Not sure what the days are for other conferences. Could look it up, but am assuming the NCAA allows a Friday or Saturday start for qualification tournaments. No other explanation, as the text above was copied from an NCAA resource.

Yes, for B1G's. Not sure what the days are for other conferences. Could look it up, but am assuming the NCAA allows a Friday or Saturday start for qualification tournaments. No other explanation, as the text above was copied from an NCAA resource.
ACC use to be all on Saturday

EIWA is Fri Sat

For those planning on attending, I would make hotel reservations now. You can get $170/night at Hyatt Place. Did the same when OTTs were announced.
Hyatt has reservations open, many others don't this far in advance - so if you are a Hilton or Marriott guy, set your calendar for early March

Love/hate this opportunity. Would love to go to B10's, however no way can I skip PIAA's if guys are still wrestling on Sat. Which obviously, I hope will be the case.

What do you think the chances of getting tickets are? I'm not a booster, and don't want to book a hotel a year in advance and not get tickets.

Reactions: drock1971
What do you think the chances of getting tickets are? I'm not a booster, and don't want to book a hotel a year in advance and not get tickets.
Same here. I would love to get 2 all session tickets even if they aren't in the PSU section. I live close enough that I don't need a hotel.

I don;t think tickets will be that hard to get. Good tickets might be another matter.

For Christmas last year and this, my better half bought tickets for the Big10s. :) Unfortunately, she hasn't figured out how to determine who sits where. Last year, we sat with the Ohio State fans, two blue shirts in a sea of red. :( This year, we have nose-bleed seats. God help me if they're in the Iowa section.
2456.png

Next year it's the PSU section or bust.

For Christmas last year and this, my better half bought tickets for the Big10s. :) Unfortunately, she hasn't figured out how to determine who sits where. Last year, we sat with the Ohio State fans, two blue shirts in a sea of red. :( This year, we have nose-bleed seats. God help me if they're in the Iowa section.
2456.png

For some reason, it never occurred to me to consider that certain areas are specific to fan bases, even though I know that this is the case. I’m not even sure where I will be in relation to different fan bases at Rutgers this year. Just bought what was available at the time.

dumb question, but how do I find out where the Psu section will be for big tens next year? I don’t have season tickets so I guess just asking around for the people who do, and then trying to purchase tickets for that general area?

Given the number of net seats available for this at the BJC and the total # of Penn State season ticket holders, if Penn State's ticket selling policies for this allow the season ticket holders to purchase even a nominal level of additional seats, there won't be any left. A lot different for sure than in 2009.

2456.png

For BIGs this year there were not sections designated to each team, except that all of the lower bowl went to Rutgers fans. The rest were first come first served.

For BIGs this year there were not sections designated to each team, except that all of the lower bowl went to Rutgers fans. The rest were first come first served.
At least the Rutgers fans will get an up close view of a bunch of Rutgers wrestlers losing.

Almost. All the lower and middle bowls went to Rutgers season ticket holders. Everyone else is randomly in the nosebleeds.

EIWAs are Friday/Saturday at Lehigh this year. I'll be shooting it. If anyone here is going let me know, I'll be around that Thursday night.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT