Bidens latest sucess story. Solar panels for everyone.

1Hammers1

Jan 26, 2014
Now everyone in the entire country can charge there battery powered car at night while they sleep. And you won't need any expensive gas.
I only have 1 friend with solar panels. Last time I talked to him he was complaining. His roof has to be replaced. 3k to remove solar panels. After roof is replaced 3k to put the back on. I didn't ask details . His installation is less that 10 years old.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Now everyone in the entire country can charge there battery powered car at night while they sleep. And you won't need any expensive gas.
I only have 1 friend with solar panels. Last time I talked to him he was complaining. His roof has to be replaced. 3k to remove solar panels. After roof is replaced 3k to put the back on. I didn't ask details . His installation is less that 10 years old.
Who does the removal and reinstall? Probably a different contractor so that means trying to coordinate between the two. Never easy to do. And issues if a leak or damage develops .......’it was the other guy!’

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
That’s precisely why I would never put solar panels on my roof. I just think they’re impractical and drive maintenance cost thru the roof. Unless you have a lot of ground and locate them on grade level, I wouldn’t put solar panels in. Even at grade, they are an eye sore and still a logistical nightmare. I’d sooner put up a windmill but now your taking even bigger bucks and I never analyzed how long the payback would be.

Last edited:

1Hammers1

Jan 26, 2014
What's worse a windmill that isn't spinning or solar panels at night ? I am tempted to buy a small example or each and do my own test.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Ebikes baby. Charge them with solar panels and cut your transportation costs to nuttin .

interrobang

Aug 21, 2016
I live in a great area for solar. But also a great area for hail. No way I'd so solar panels only

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
Who installs solar on an old roof? That is foolish.

Reactions: NJPSU and psuted

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
Ebikes baby. Charge them with solar panels and cut your transportation costs to nuttin .

I have an Ebike and I like it. If you live in an urban area where there are safe bike lanes to your work place, their great. But if you live in an area where you’d get run over traveling back and forth, then they’re more for recreation purposes.

1Hammers1

Jan 26, 2014
Well let's look at little closer. Roofs always need to be replaced. Solar panels add to that cost. So roof replacement costs are 50 percent higher with solar panels. Great feature. I am going to go even further and say he probably wouldn't even need a new roof this year if he hadn't got the panels.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
Well let's look at little closer. Roofs always need to be replaced. Solar panels add to that cost. So roof replacement costs are 50 percent higher with solar panels. Great feature. I am going to go even further and say he probably wouldn't even need a new roof this year if he hadn't got the panels.
Regardless, I would only do it if my roof was less than 10 years old. I have casually looked into it - solar is still too expensive for me.

1Hammers1

Jan 26, 2014
The battery powered moped is not useful in many places. Back when Jimmy Carter was president the moped was also popular. I get a kick out of people who think they are getting in shape sitting on one. Just get on a regular bike.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Someone who had a dishonest salesman that didn’t explain that would be a problem. And didn’t say to replace the roof at the same time because it would have made it too expensive and lost the sale. The entire solar and wind industries are full of people like that.

Reactions: LMTLION

Latest posts