Beto must be sucking hind teat in the Texas Gubernatorial Race. This latest positional flip-flop isn't going to go over well in Texas.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020

He's figuratively as much "all over the road" on gun control as Paul Pelosi literally was this past weekend in his wrecked Porsche.

Get a load of his meandering statements.

“Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.” “If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47—one of these weapons of war—or brings it out in public and brandishes it in an attempt to intimidate … then that weapon will be taken from them,”“If they persist, there will be other consequences from law enforcement.”

Feb. 2022
“I’m not interested in taking anything from anyone. What I want to make sure that we do is defend the Second Amendment.”

June 2022
“Not only should no one be able to purchase an AR-15 or AK-47 … I don’t think that the people who have them now for civilian use should be able to keep them.”

Last edited:

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Beto is great. The fact that he annoys the RWNJ's in Texass (and elsewhere) is just the cherry on top of the sundae.

Reactions: NJPSU

JR4PSU

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
SE PA
Beto is great. The fact that he annoys the RWNJ's in Texass (and elsewhere) is just the cherry on top of the sundae.
That cherry will be sitting at the bottom of a tequila sunrise when he's drinking his sorrows away after losing the election.

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: bourbon n blues

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
Does the fact that he can’t win in Texas annoy you?
It’s disappointing but not surprising and, therefore, not annoying. Texas is still red, but demographic trends suggest a change is coming.

I like a number of Beto’s public policy positions. Given the divergence in our political views, it is hardly surprising that you might have a very different opinion of him.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018

He's figuratively as much "all over the road" on gun control as Paul Pelosi literally was this past weekend in his wrecked Porsche.

Get a load of his meandering statements.

“Hell, yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.” “If someone does not turn in an AR-15 or an AK-47—one of these weapons of war—or brings it out in public and brandishes it in an attempt to intimidate … then that weapon will be taken from them,”“If they persist, there will be other consequences from law enforcement.”

Feb. 2022
“I’m not interested in taking anything from anyone. What I want to make sure that we do is defend the Second Amendment.”

June 2022
“Not only should no one be able to purchase an AR-15 or AK-47 … I don’t think that the people who have them now for civilian use should be able to keep them.”

I think if there were ever a signal that he was sucking hind teat, it was his "appearance" at the presser.

• Haha
Reactions: bourbon n blues

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
It’s disappointing but not surprising and, therefore, not annoying. Texas is still red, but demographic trends suggest a change is coming.

I like a number of Beto’s public policy positions. Given the divergence in our political views, it is hardly surprising that you might have a very different opinion of him.
He is a clown in many respects. The latest stunt he pulled at that press conference is an example of what I’m talking about. Many in his own party seem to agree.

Aardvark86

Jan 23, 2018
He is a clown in many respects. The latest stunt he pulled at that press conference is an example of what I’m talking about. Many in his own party seem to agree.
The thing about Beto is he does not seem to understand that, at any given point in time, there is a highest and best use for every person. For him, in 2020, "President" was not his, and in 2022, I'm pretty sure that "governor" isn't either, though at least he's trending in the right direction. He seems like an earnest enough fellow, but sometimes you have to pay a few dues before it's your time. At the very least you have to wash that "President of the College Democrats/Republicans" film off of you.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The thing about Beto is he does not seem to understand that, at any given point in time, there is a highest and best use for every person. For him, in 2020, "President" was not his, and in 2022, I'm pretty sure that "governor" isn't either, though at least he's trending in the right direction. He seems like an earnest enough fellow, but sometimes you have to pay a few dues before it's your time. At the very least you have to wash that "President of the College Democrats/Republicans" film off of you.
You either have it out the gate like AOC ( as silly as I think she is) and Dan Crenshaw ( and he has that SEAL thing). But they both have a certain charisma. Beto or whatever his first name actually is comes across as some frat boy tool.

Reactions: eidolon21

Ski

May 29, 2001
You only like him because he's an authentic Hispanic American.

No, he likes him because he has pictures of Beta dressed up as his favorite sex partner.

Beto-ORourke-Goat-Mask.jpg

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

Texas is doing well and has been attracting people from many blue states. Why would anyone want it to turn blue?