ADVERTISEMENT

Best Wrestling State?

I stayed at the ramada one time on a golf weekend and there was a wrestling clinic occurring. Talked to some coaches at the bar and one of them commented that he loved bringing his team up from down south to wrestle PA teams. It was an ego check to let them know that they weren't as good as they thought they were. They'd dominate their state/area, but normal PA HS teams would beat them or give them a tough match.

I think you’re missing South Central PA. You know - Ruth, Davis, Wildasin, Marstellar, Haines, Peppelman, Evans, Rawls, etc.

1.) WPIAL
2.) South Central PA
3.) Eastern PA
4.) Rest of Central PA
5.) Remainder of PA
6.) NJ
7.) Ohio
8.) Illinois
9.) NY
10.) California
11.) Everywhere else that is not Iowa
12.) Antartica
13.) Iowa

Last edited:
I stayed at the ramada one time on a golf weekend and there was a wrestling clinic occurring. Talked to some coaches at the bar and one of them commented that he loved bringing his team up from down south to wrestle PA teams. It was an ego check to let them know that they weren't as good as they thought they were. They'd dominate their state/area, but normal PA HS teams would beat them or give them a tough match.
That's how it was for me. I was pretty good in NY but when we got to Lehigh for the National Preps I got my ass handed to me in the first round by some PA kid. I remember thinking, "Oh, that's how good you have to be..."

Last edited:
Reactions: mcpat
So that would be the top 4 Wrestling States.

1. Western PA
2. Eastern PA
3. Southern PA
4. Northern PA
5. Then Maybe Ohio

Gotta rename this thread please! Top 4 If all are in agreement vote aye!....Aye!
Agreed. This isn’t even close. PA as a whole is still KING

Best wrestling state?

I've thought about this for awhile, and originally felt that rage or perhaps defiance would be best. Then it dawned on me, during the post finals NCAA interviews, that gratitude is obviously the best wrestling state.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT