ADVERTISEMENT

Best Thing About USC , UCLA.

There are blue blood basketball programs out there and elite academic schools to invite to get to 24. All name brand universities. Bigger is better in the world of what you can do I can do better. Enhances the Big Ten's prestige. Will have to look at the breakeven which maximizes revenue.
Unless it enlarges the footprint and brings money, it is senseless.

Reactions: Sullivan
I dont see it effecting Pitt any more than situation is now. If Clemson or other schools leave that would hurt but they will always have the ACC-PAC 12-Big 12 group of schools that will likely unite together in some way. In other words they have alot of company. Its not like their Big East days when their football schedule was awful.
pitt = Pirates = farm team for those that matter

Very soon pitt will only get satisfaction when one of their 2-star recruits does well and moves up to a big time team via the portal. That will be the only thing the pitters will be able to celebrate.

Went over to the Lair for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time ever, and man, that's a sensitive group over there. Never posted over there, but if I would try to post some of the stuff like I've posted here, those crazies would be out to tar and feather me
That is exactly what happened to me. Pitter posted something negative about Penn State here. I told him that if I posted the same thing over there, I would get banned ... and then I did. OK, it wasn't exactly the same: where he said Lions, my post on the lair said Panthers, I switched their QBs name where the PSU QB was mentioned, etc. Other than that, the post was verbatim. I was banned in 28 minutes.

You think this is good? So how often do you think you are going to beat Riley's USC?

You think this is good? So how often do you think you are going to beat Riley's USC?
Riley's USC is the one team in the country to keep an eye on. He's woke up that dormant recruiting machine. I kind of think of USC as the sleeping giant of CF the last decade and a half that's about ready to come out of their deep sleep

Reactions: WV Bruno
Riley's USC is the one team in the country to keep an eye on. He's woke up that dormant recruiting machine. I kind of think of USC as the sleeping giant of CF the last decade and a half that's about ready to come out of their deep sleep
That SUCKS FOR US!!! Franklin couldn't beat them when they sucked!

I went over there and mentioned how solid the B1G academic side was and got blistered. But basically, it's the truth. Schools like PSU and OSU get slammed at times for academics, but take a look at any U.S. college rating and both are constantly in the top 40 to 60 which is very good. And both USC and UCLA are top-notch academic universities who met the AAU requirement. Then there's Northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois..........enough said. That's why I expect both ND and Stanford to end up in the B1G in the very near future. I realize that ND is not AAU, but I imagine they get a pass because they havie a consistent top 10 to 15 academic rating
Pitt has a world class medical center and med school.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Pitt has a world class medical center and med school.
It would be more accurate to say that "pitt has the naming rights to a world class medical center and med school." Saying that the medical complex in PIttsburgh is controlled and influenced by pitt is like saying the Heinz Company runs the Steelers.

Let's see how Riley does at U$C before annointing him better than Saban. Also how many nattys does he have? Oh yeah he was limited at Okie, had no talent.

Guess it depends on how I look at it. Is this all good for college football? Hell no.

Will it accelerate the demise of college football as it stands now? If so, I'm all for it. I love college football, but this is horribly broken to the point of needing rebuilt from the ground up.

With any luck, ND and Pitt will be on the outside looking in once the dust settles from the latest conference moves. Maybe the Sun Belt will take Pitt. Or ND joins the ACC in time to watch Clemson, Miami, FSU, and any other decent team leave.

Reactions: john4psu
It would be more accurate to say that "pitt has the naming rights to a world class medical center and med school." Saying that the medical complex in PIttsburgh is controlled and influenced by pitt is like saying the Heinz Company runs the Steelers.
All I know is that I had 2 interactions with Pitt hospital and both were very good. Two interactions with Cleveland Clinic and both were bad.

While practicing workers compensation law, I had a young person whose arterial venous malformation (sp) ruptured and he had a stroke. A neurosurgeon testified that the stroke was precipitated by heavy lifting superimposed on a "defective" venous malformation. The neurosurgeon was number 1 on the neurosurgery board examination in the US, had written 2 books and about 200 articles. On top of that he was very down to earth and could explain what happened in every day language.

Whether the University has much input into this, I don't know. All I know is that it is a great facility.

All I know is that I had 2 interactions with Pitt hospital and both were very good. Two interactions with Cleveland Clinic and both were bad.

While practicing workers compensation law, I had a young person whose arterial venous malformation (sp) ruptured and he had a stroke. A neurosurgeon testified that the stroke was precipitated by heavy lifting superimposed on a "defective" venous malformation. The neurosurgeon was number 1 on the neurosurgery board examination in the US, had written 2 books and about 200 articles. On top of that he was very down to earth and could explain what happened in every day language.

Whether the University has much input into this, I don't know. All I know is that it is a great facility.
I agree. The Pittsburgh hospitals are top notch. Brilliant doctors. Well organized. Hard working. Luckily for us patients the Pittsburgh hospitals have little to do with pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT