ADVERTISEMENT

Best Thing About USC , UCLA.

Obviously, the B1G and SEC are here to stay with teams probably scrambling in the future to get in. I think the Big 12 and PAC 12 are on life support right now. Both of those leagues are going to have to come up with some fancy maneuvering to survive.

As for Pitt and the ACC, I'm kind of stuck in a wait and see mode. They could be OK but it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see teams like Clemson, FSU, Miami and NC bolt for other leagues although - if I understand the situation correctly - they forfeit some money if the leave before 2036 - I think.

Pitt could end up in a very tough situation in the next 2 to 3 years - maybe sooner. Wouldn't surprise me to see them trying to get into the B1G in the very near future but I'm pretty sure they'd get turned down as they offer no value to the league

Read through the comments on the Pitt Lair and most see that they are now doomed to mediocrity and secondary status. The true believers think they will end up in the Big but most say they will be left out of the two super conferences and end up in a second tier ACC. Perhaps merged with another lessor conference.

Read through the comments on the Pitt Lair and most see that they are now doomed to mediocrity and secondary status. The true believers think they will end up in the Big but most say they will be left out of the two super conferences and end up in a second tier ACC. Perhaps merged with another lessor conference.
It isn’t going to happen, but I wish us, Boston College, and Syracuse would go all-in on basketball and return to the Big East (I’ve always been a Pitt basketball fan first).

I would say remain pat and align ourselves with schools such as Duke and Virginia, but who knows what they do. Might as well be proactive.

ACC schools were foolish to sign GOR until 2036 and also to bow down to Tobacco Road. At least Delaney had the foresight to see where college football was headed.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Pitt = eephus den.

I thought this was going to be a cheerleaders pic post.

f8a19441a87a9be2951ced3d400d5f95.jpg
75b1d3ad1fcda0788e3694ff7ab9d4e5.jpg
775c6d07cce83e25819f74e2ac3636ab.jpg
5da695ab9150f54624fd02092398b453.jpg

Went over to the Lair for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time ever, and man, that's a sensitive group over there. Never posted over there, but if I would try to post some of the stuff like I've posted here, those crazies would be out to tar and feather me

Went over to the Lair for maybe the 2nd or 3rd time ever, and man, that's a sensitive group over there. Never posted over there, but if I would try to post some of the stuff like I've posted here, those crazies would be out to tar and feather me
Got banned there several years ago for some minor infraction. Still can’t post.

That is the most sensitive group of people ever. And Pittsburgh people are supposed to be tough, hard working, hard partying, hard living people. That site is all wimps.

Last edited:
That site is an interesting mix of delusions of grandeur and doom and gloom.

they can’t go 5 posts without somehow drawing Penn State into the discussion. Some are hopelessly invested in Sandusky’s crimes. It’s kind of funny.

You do realize the irony of you posting this statement in a thread about Pitt on the Penn State board….right?
When I saw the thread title and who posted it, I had a feeling Pitt would be tied into it somehow… go figure!

I went over there and mentioned how solid the B1G academic side was and got blistered. But basically, it's the truth. Schools like PSU and OSU get slammed at times for academics, but take a look at any U.S. college rating and both are constantly in the top 40 to 60 which is very good. And both USC and UCLA are top-notch academic universities who met the AAU requirement. Then there's Northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois..........enough said. That's why I expect both ND and Stanford to end up in the B1G in the very near future. I realize that ND is not AAU, but I imagine they get a pass because they havie a consistent top 10 to 15 academic rating

Last edited:
They know the end is near.

Reactions: john4psu
I dont see it effecting Pitt any more than situation is now. If Clemson or other schools leave that would hurt but they will always have the ACC-PAC 12-Big 12 group of schools that will likely unite together in some way. In other words they have alot of company. Its not like their Big East days when their football schedule was awful.

Panturd liar ... Ship of Fools

I dont see it effecting Pitt any more than situation is now. If Clemson or other schools leave that would hurt but they will always have the ACC-PAC 12-Big 12 group of schools that will likely unite together in some way. In other words they have alot of company. Its not like their Big East days when their football schedule was awful.
They're finished and they know it. No Big Ten bucks for Pitt.

The best they can expect? Dropping down.

Reactions: john4psu
Watching Pitt swirling further down the bowl, and ever closer to the drain.

Please Pitt, go to 1 AA.
According to them they are the Alabama of the North - they just won the ACC don’t you know. They think the SEC will come a calling - 😝

Reactions: joeaubie21
Obviously, the B1G and SEC are here to stay with teams probably scrambling in the future to get in. I think the Big 12 and PAC 12 are on life support right now. Both of those leagues are going to have to come up with some fancy maneuvering to survive.

As for Pitt and the ACC, I'm kind of stuck in a wait and see mode. They could be OK but it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see teams like Clemson, FSU, Miami and NC bolt for other leagues although - if I understand the situation correctly - they forfeit some money if the leave before 2036 - I think.

Pitt could end up in a very tough situation in the next 2 to 3 years - maybe sooner. Wouldn't surprise me to see them trying to get into the B1G in the very near future but I'm pretty sure they'd get turned down as they offer no value to the league
i heard an interesting analysis today. Each SEC team will get about $100 million per year. So logically any team moving into the SEC needs to be able to "bring" more than $100 million value to the party. This person doubted any ACC team could do this. Maybe the Miami TV market but then again Miami is a pro sports town. He said Clemson FSU and Miami might want to go but they might not be invited.

Last edited:
i heard an interesting analysis today. Each SEC team will get about $100 million per year. So logically any team moving into the SEC needs to be able to "bring" more than $100 million value to the party. This person doubted any ACC team could do this. Maybe the Miami TV market but then again Miami is a pro sports town. He said Clemson FSU and Miami might want to go but they might be invited.
It is also possible that new teams do not get a full share for a few years. I believe that when Rutgers and Maryland joined they had to wait a few years. Money (shares) is infinitely divisible.

I went over there and mentioned how solid the B1G academic side was and got blistered. But basically, it's the truth. Schools like PSU and OSU get slammed at times for academics, but take a look at any U.S. college rating and both are constantly in the top 40 to 60 which is very good. And both USC and UCLA are top-notch academic universities who met the AAU requirement. Then there's Northwestern, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois..........enough said. That's why I expect both ND and Stanford to end up in the B1G in the very near future. I realize that ND is not AAU, but I imagine they get a pass because they havie a consistent top 10 to 15 academic rating
The academic side is being overlooked. Big Ten may ask Duke, UNC, UVA and Va Tech for these reasons and get a foothold into the southeast. Also significantly enhances basketball.

Reactions: LMTLION
The academic side is being overlooked. Big Ten may ask Duke, UNC, UVA and Va Tech for these reasons and get a foothold into the southeast. Also significantly enhances basketball.
I also read on ESPN that a couple more West Coast schools is almost a given so they don't leave USC and UCLA out there by themselves and make travelling easier. Two more west coast teams and a couple that you mentioned sounds good. BTW, f_____ Notre Dame. Those egotistical a-holes think everyone should bow to their wishes.

well if you go to 24 take these four plus Oregon Wash Stanford and ND.

24 teams?

Why?
I honestly don’t think the Big Ten or SEC expand past 20. If the B1G adds Notre Dame, Oregon, Stanford, and Washington while the SEC nabs Clemson, Florida State, Miami, and North Carolina, what value is there left to be had? I think you can argue Virginia Tech, but would they be enough to justify three additional teams? I don’t think so.

well if you go to 24 take these four plus Oregon Wash Stanford and ND.
Yep, like that. Then the pods would be interesting. We could move to an Atlantic coast/east one away from O$U. Not sure that is good for us or not. Still wouldn't mind Pitt being in but as I think about it it more they have no shot.

24 teams?

Why?
There are blue blood basketball programs out there and elite academic schools to invite to get to 24. All name brand universities. Bigger is better in the world of what you can do I can do better. Enhances the Big Ten's prestige. Will have to look at the breakeven which maximizes revenue.

ADVERTISEMENT