ADVERTISEMENT

Best student section?!!?

ralphster

May 31, 2005
Sorry, but this is nowhere near the best student section in the country. Half empty on the ends in the second quarter?!!? Didn't fill up until the second half?!!? I don't care about your excuses like weather delays or noon kickoffs or whatever! Get your lazy, vaping, Instagramming, millennial asses in the stadium on time!

(And then get off my lawn!!!)

A&M has better student section by far. They show up in force for even scrubs, noon games, bad weather, hot weather, etc.

Reactions: ralphster
...and if the same asinine seating procedure was in place when you were a student there would have been similar results.

Reactions: Achowalogan
Sorry, but this is nowhere near the best student section in the country. Half empty on the ends in the second quarter?!!? Didn't fill up until the second half?!!? I don't care about your excuses like weather delays or noon kickoffs or whatever! Get your lazy, vaping, Instagramming, millennial asses in the stadium on time!

Yeah it's pretty much turned into a situation where if PSU fans say it enough then it must be true. But then again the media seems to pick up on this talking point for some unknown reason. Hardly appears to be the case considering they can't get their a$$es into the seats until close to half time at best.

It was just Pitt, I can’t blame them.

Reactions: GregInPitt
A&M has better student section by far. They show up in force for even scrubs, noon games, bad weather, hot weather, etc.

Any school that has all male cheerleaders that dictate what can and cannot be yelled to wannabe military academy weirdos with a major inferiority complex to their big brother (including stadium wide songs) is not in any way “better”. Nothing NOTHING compares to the white out, let alone ATM.

Any school that has all male cheerleaders that dictate what can and cannot be yelled to wannabe military academy weirdos with a major inferiority complex to their big brother (including stadium wide songs) is not in any way “better”. Nothing NOTHING compares to the white out, let alone ATM.

Beat me too it, A&M fans are a bunch of weirdos.

Reactions: step.eng69

We need a mandatory state police helicopter around 10 am for noon kickoffs.

Reactions: psu00

Go F yourself.......one of those seekers for bitching!

As an actual millennial, I’d like to point out that today’s college students are almost certainly not millennials, but rather part of generation Z

Sorry. I was thinking that after I wrote it. I stand corrected. Whatever generation they are called, if they aren't in their seats until halftime, they aren't the "Best Student Section in the Country." And if the procedure for getting into the stadium takes an hour, then leave an hour earlier. It's only been that way for several years now!

Reactions: Judge Smails

Their student section is better and so what if our student section is great for one game. See how great our student section is if whiteout is noon game vs Michigan. It won’t be. The ones that do show up for each of our games are great but when only 15k of them show up, that isn’t best student section in the country.

Sorry. I was thinking that after I wrote it. I stand corrected. Whatever generation they are called, if they aren't in their seats until halftime, they aren't the "Best Student Section in the Country." And if the procedure for getting into the stadium takes an hour, then leave an hour earlier. It's only been that way for several years now!
Ha, I wasn’t actually offended. I do find it funny how millennial has become a catch-all term for young people when the reality is some millennials are well into their 30’s.

To your actual point, I mostly agree, but I don’t think it’s fair to say students should leave tailgates an hour earlier to make up for the sheer incompetence of our athletic department. The process for entering the stadium was a mess ~4 years ago and unless that’s been cleaned up, I don’t blame some students for getting to their seats shortly after the kick. Now, the group seating blocks that don’t come in until the second quarter is a different story

...and if the same asinine seating procedure was in place when you were a student there would have been similar results.
As a mid-lifer closer to the end than the beginning, I regrettably agree with you. Students today have a crapola deal in re seating at Beaver Stadium compared to what we got, which wasn’t perfect but MUCH better.

Sorry @manatree, but you’re absolutely right.
$$$

Correction....the student NEVER filled up the entire game

Reactions: ralphster

Rain delay sort of messed this up.

LdN

Rain delay sort of messed this up.

LdN

I was in the stadium early. But due to thunderstorms in the area, the entrances to the stadium were closed from around 11:25 to 12:05. I don't ever recall that happening before, although it probably has. It really affected fan flow into the stadium. I imagine the student section entrance/ticketing which was a cluster in the previous game this season was even more crazy on Saturday.

Their student section is better and so what if our student section is great for one game. See how great our student section is if whiteout is noon game vs Michigan. It won’t be. The ones that do show up for each of our games are great but when only 15k of them show up, that isn’t best student section in the country.

It isn’t. It’s not even close to being better. It is actually lame beyond belief. I’ve sat in that student section. It was a joke. Male cheerleaders, derision if you aren’t in lockstep with their retarded orders of what to yell, insecure confederate military bs...it’s a robotic joke. Again, I’ve been to games there. Please.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Uh, I believe that is a mandatory formation. They are great but they aren't given many options for their home games. They all want to attend when they play other service academies, but for other games, they might not be so thrilled.
right- but they are still the best

you have to learn to take orders before you give them- this is part of that process

All I lnow for sure is I went to 2 Texas A&M games that were held the Saturday after Thanksgiving. 41,000 students showed up for both games and they were there in force before kickoff. They may be weird, but they have unmatchable school spirit week in and week
out.

You should enjoy it while you can.

ADVERTISEMENT