ADVERTISEMENT

Best Bacon Ever!!!! What's your fav???

Kochs-bacon-picture.jpg

Reactions: TheGLOV
Interesting. It made me wonder how "bacon" is defined. Obviously the FDA is OK with this being marketed as bacon but, to me anyway, I have a hard time calling it that. Note that I'm not saying that it is not superior to anything that I would call bacon, I just don't know ("Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know"). I'm simply curious as to what can be called bacon.

First off, MSN ?? They probably only endorse soy-based bacon and I wouldn't believe ANY of their reporting; especially about bacon.
Wright brand thick cut, hickory smoked bacon at WalMart is the best. Cooks nice and even with a good finished piece of savory meat.

Reactions: Ski and TheGLOV
Interesting. It made me wonder how "bacon" is defined. Obviously the FDA is OK with this being marketed as bacon but, to me anyway, I have a hard time calling it that. Note that I'm not saying that it is not superior to anything that I would call bacon, I just don't know ("Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know"). I'm simply curious as to what can be called bacon.
That's a good question, and I don't have the answer. All I know, is it's organic, it's not pork, and it's REALLY good. My kids love it too!

I'll second Neuske's. It's all good but my favorite is a toss-up between peppered applwood smoked bacon and 'uncured' bacon which I don't see on their website.

Kowalonek's Kielbasy Shop, Shenandoah makes what they call Farmers Bacon. As my eX once said, this should have a name of it's own it's soo far beyond bacon

Well, How about the bacon appetizer at Peter Luger's in Brooklyn, there is a bacon in Western Virginia. Outstanding

First off Sir, this meat product you reference is not bacon. Second, thanks for all of the good bacon referrals in this post. Last, thanks for the pic of the bacon wrapped hotties, everything is better with bacon!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT