ADVERTISEMENT

Berge was at 165 and now 157!

Lobdell didn't read the rules. Go figure, red hot bad takes are his MO. (At least his 2nd MO, after DMs with female wrestlers.)

The very first criterion says .700 overall win % -- which would include Berge's 165 matches. He only needs to go 2-2 at B10s to satisfy this.
And this is why I never gave Brady a thought. Cael has always known what he was doing.

I asked twice for actual quotes or sources to back up the claims about Brady’s alleged position on the matter, and the response was crickets. Adamant crickets.
Haha, agreed. Actually, the closest I heard to confirmation that Brady came in planning to stay at 165 was Cael's post-match presser today. At around the 6:00 mark he said: "He was thinking 65 but then kinda felt undersized at 65, so he made that shift down."

Did you win something if you GUESSED right lol
Good point. No clue, since I didn’t claim what Berge was doing. No one gave me the beer I covet most. But there was at least one poster on here claiming knowledge and shutting others down. Hopefully he’s got the tab at the bar. :)

Reactions: PASLP2
Any chance Cael finds a way to get Berge a couple more matches?
Unlikely. The regular season schedule is now complete across D1 -- meaning no more duals or Opens.

That leaves the so-called Dresser Open. But any opponents must be D1. If external, either they travel to PSU or Berge travels to them. So most likely it would be internal (with some slight chance of Lock Haven).

Any matches must be official -- weigh-ins, refs, scorekeepers, etc.

On top of the logistics: it would be very few matches, as Cael wants his guys healthy and mentally fresh for B10s and again for nationals.

Never say never, but it just doesn't seem probable. Though at least the matches would last beyond 0:01.

Lobdell didn't read the rules, or misrepresented them. Go figure, red hot bad takes are his MO. (At least his 2nd MO, after DMs with female wrestlers.)

The very first criterion says .700 overall win % -- which would include Berge's 165 matches. He only needs to go 2-2 at B10s to satisfy this.
Only the bouts at 157 will count towards his Win %. Pretty sure. The "% wins against all competition" is one criteria for Bronze Standard, which helps get him in the game (for an at-large), but isn't used for the comparisons.

Last edited:
Cael said in his presser "Brady was working hard to keep his weight up at 165"

I know his opponent wasn't that good but Brady looked being the first off the scale and a 2nd time yesterday. Don't think the cut is that bad.

Time to go steal a spot.

Reactions: Lyons212
Cael said in his presser "Brady was working hard to keep his weight up at 165"

I know his opponent wasn't that good but Brady looked being the first off the scale and a 2nd time yesterday. Don't think the cut is that bad.

Time to go steal a spot.
Brady and his parents sat next to me this morning at The Naked Egg in Pine Grove Mills. I asked him how the weight cut was. He said it was easy. I know his next weigh-in is a little under two weeks, but he ordered “the whole farm” breakfast. He actually said he was having f*n, lol.

Brady and his parents sat next to me this morning at The Naked Egg in Pine Grove Mills. I asked him how the weight cut was. He said it was easy. I know his next weigh-in is a little under two weeks, but he ordered “the whole farm” breakfast. He actually said he was having f*n, lol.
Candidly, I don't even know if these things are a running joke or serious lol.

Wow what a scoop. "The whole farm" is probably what I'd of ordered also.

Lobdell didn't read the rules, or misrepresented them. Go figure, red hot bad takes are his MO. (At least his 2nd MO, after DMs with female wrestlers.)

Only his matches at 157 will count towards his win%. Jefe didn't read the rules 😅🤣😂

Damn, why couldnt you have met them three weeks ago?!?

Only his matches at 157 will count towards his win%. Jefe didn't read the rules 😅🤣😂
Then why does the 1st criterion not specify weight, but the 2nd one does?
.700 overall winning percentage
.700 Division I winning percentage at the weight class

The ebbs and flows of this thread are great. Someone states the obvious that Berge at 57, Edsell at 65 is the best possible lineup. That gets shot down with the typical rhetoric of Berge is at 65, coaches know best, this is the plan, maybe Cael should take advice from you, etc. The conversation continues, build momentum, Corby says 65 and deflates the talk, Cael mentions working on conditioning, (what does this mean?) the momentum builds back up, omg he goes 57, now its just talk about allocation and matches, lol! This conversation jumping around like a bitcoin chart!

The ebbs and flows of this thread are great. Someone states the obvious that Berge at 57, Edsell at 65 is the best possible lineup. That gets shot down with the typical rhetoric of Berge is at 65, coaches know best, this is the plan, maybe Cael should take advice from you, etc. The conversation continues, build momentum, Corby says 65 and deflates the talk, Cael mentions working on conditioning, (what does this mean?) the momentum builds back up, omg he goes 57, now its just talk about allocation and matches, lol! This conversation jumping around like a bitcoin chart!
The biggest point in a nutshell is our wrestling team is better this year with Brady at 157 or 165. I am grateful he recovered from both of his injuries and is representing Penn State on the wrestling mat. A big thank you to Brady Berge for coming back!

Hopefully ‘Berge is 65’ replaces and finally kills the ‘he’s beating Nico in the room’ and ‘what mat is Pletcher/ Carton’

• Wow
Reactions: dunkej01
Tabasco or Cholula on his eggs?

OK. And I'll accept it on your say-so.

It's a poorly written rule. As is any rule that is both specific and vague in the same application.
Not specifically related to this particular topic at hand, but I completely agree with you about vagueness (combined with specificity) in the same document making it very difficult to discern the facts. Along with this is the fact that in most bureaucracies once a policy or procedure is documented poorly, it rarely if ever gets corrected. I ran into this as a sergeant with the San Diego Police Department. There was a particular department procedure in place that was so poorly written that the correct actions were vague at best. This procedure had been in place for years but no one bothered to take the time and energy to re-write it. It wasn't easy, which is probably why no one had bothered to address it in the first place, but the procedure was finally fixed.

OK. And I'll accept it on your say-so.

It's a poorly written rule. As is any rule that is both specific and vague in the same application.
It’s not only vague but also dumb. In that 1st criteria They will count wins against D2 and D3 but then not count wins against D1 kids when you wrestle up a weight.

It’s not only vague but also dumb. In that 1st criteria They will count wins against D2 and D3 but then not count wins against D1 kids when you wrestle up a weight.
Yep, just stupid.

I can understand excluding other-weight results for seeding purposes, but not for eligibility purposes. Essentially: don't take challenge matches, and don't help out your team in a dual.

ADVERTISEMENT