ADVERTISEMENT

BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD...

The best part of this thread will be every time it happens.....and it will.....this will just get a little....bump

May set the rivals thread record for single word posts of the word bump

Well if we're in the mood to mandate...

Also before posting, make sure to ask yourself "Does this thread promote, foster, further, restate, or proclaim the idea that Penn State will win all 10 weights at the national tournament and most will have an undefeated season?" If it doesn't, delete it so I don't have to.

I'm sorry, somebody had to say it. I'm sick of these Nittany Lion-deniers.

Also before posting, make sure to ask yourself "Does this thread promote, foster, further, restate, or proclaim the idea that Penn State will win all 10 weights at the national tournament and most will have an undefeated season?" If it doesn't, delete it so I don't have to.

Will we be the first to have 10 champs with 8 scoring wrestlers?

One caveat, if a thread was started by someone that you have ignored/blocked, you probably will not see the thread. I found this out last week on the McAndrew board and I started a duplicate thread when one of the two posters that I have on ignore had already started a thread on the same topic. Fortunately for my ego, one of the mods merged my thread into the original.

Reactions: Dogwelder
The best part of this thread will be every time it happens.....and it will.....this will just get a little....bump

May set the rivals thread record for single word posts of the word bump

LOL, no thread will EVER come close to touching "Why ____ is Great" some guy started here a few years ago...
But I think I'll leave those 'bumps' to my esteemed colleague pawrestlersintn. He does it best. 😁

Reactions: jtothemfp
giphy.gif

"promote, foster, further, restate, or proclaim" - fantastic verb recall there, Mr. Thesaurius Crop!

("restate" is my fave)

Reactions: Dogwelder
That’s a mis-bump, IMO.

The “Michigan Sunday!” thread is a good new thread because it puts the word Sunday into the title, telling people “It’s on!”

Without the new thread, many people won’t click on the old thread because they thought the old thread was already Pearl Harbored.

Hell, I'll even give this a bump for the 2nd America Cup thread.
https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/americas-cup.289362/

The 2nd Michigan thread was started 18 minutes after a poster in the first Michigan thread made the Sunday announcement. Now we have both threads with predictions going.
I appreciated the new thread. How was I supposed to know that the first Michigan thread had come back from its geography/topography/altitude free fall?

Not surprised to wake up this morning and see yet another 149 thread started. I believe that makes 6 on the season, with the same poster starting 5 of them.

Last edited:
Not surprised to wake up this morning and see yet another 149 thread started. I believe that makes 6 on the season, with the same poster starting 5 of them.
So freakin annoying. I don't know if people are looking for extra attention or what.

I think it was settled last night by those that really matter!

If not, I heard a rumor * that the NCAA was going to eliminate all weight classes between 140 and 149. They are just done with all these separate threads. They, the NCAA sees the best Wrestling fans in the country fighting amongst themselves and and they want it to stop. They dont want to lose fans. They are threatening to take a page from the Olympic Committee and eliminate weights if these posts don't stop.

* I tend to hear rumor first, when I'm the one who makes them up.

So freakin annoying. I don't know if people are looking for extra attention or what.
I think there are a couple reasons people start a new thread. Some people are just new to posting and the other thread captions might not be clear, but they just want to talk some wrestling or have a question. Not everyone spends hours a day or has the time in the wresting room forum to read every thread.

Also, many times a long thread tends to get off topic and goes on forever,. Some people dont want to go through 100 + comments to find a simple answer to their question or try to get it back on topic. I started one years ago about Suriano because the original one went on forever and got into people's favorite recipes, movies, vacations....definitely a little off track. I suspect some long term posters remember that famous thread. :) I just wanted an update and not to discuss or get lost in non wrestling topics. I was just trying to get back on topic(which didn't work btw). ha! I understand it may frustrate some , but i don't think it is that big a deal. Give some posters break.

Bumped for the HR link thread that was started this morning. Exact same topic was 3 (no pun intended) threads away.

Bump.

It was only 2 away from the other thread yesterday when it was started...

ADVERTISEMENT