ADVERTISEMENT

Bedlam

KCLion

Jun 8, 2001
Watching my DVR of this match and Kaid Brock goes down to FR Demas from OU 7-6. Brock is a dirty wrestler. Regularly cheap shots well past the whistle and the opponent has relaxed. Cost him one point today and should have cost at least one more.

No, the OU hwt got upset after getting pinned and tried to fight Dereck White. OU was then deducted a team point.

One of the cool aspects of wrestling is the handshake after a hard-fought bout. If you lose, go back to the room and get better. Not the way the OU guy handled things.

One of the cool aspects of wrestling is the handshake after a hard-fought bout. If you lose, go back to the room and get better. Not the way the OU guy handled things.

I would agree with you if most of the losing wrestlers didn't give less than drive by handshakes with little to no eye contact. Could be a better tradition, like the handshakes at the end of a series in hockey, but it isn't all that great about 80% of the time. Look the guy in the eye, give a firm handshake and say "good match". Pretty simple, but rarely done.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I would agree with you if most of the losing wrestlers didn't give less than drive by handshakes with little to no eye contact. Could be a better tradition, like the handshakes at the end of a series in hockey, but it isn't all that great about 80% of the time. Look the guy in the eye, give a firm handshake and say "good match". Pretty simple, but rarely done.
We're discussing going after a guy after the bout is over vs any kind of hand shake. Like you, my preference is a bit more than a slap, but that's not what's at issue here.

A good coach will use this as a teaching moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT