ADVERTISEMENT

Beau Bartlett

Beau is my #1 get, then Ferrari, even though driving a Ferrari is a luxury at the upper weights for us :)

Last edited:
What would Rick Neuheisel be doing with Beau? Does Neuheisel have a kid at Sem? Or are you saying both just happened to be at the Corner Room at the same time?
I think he was stuck speaking with his tongue trapped in his cheek.

just saw him at the Corner Room with Rick Neuheisel
Glad to see Rick has given up on his dream of coaching the football team. This must mean RN is taking a run at Cael’s Job. Now I know why CS wasn’t on the field when Zain received the Trophy!

Still don't know if Bartlett was at Penn State for a wrestling visit however he did visit Cornell on Friday and was sporting a Big Red sweatshirt today.

Still don't know if Bartlett was at Penn State for a wrestling visit however he did visit Cornell on Friday and was sporting a Big Red sweatshirt today.

I’m sorry, I was messing around, I didn’t see him , but I did run into LaVar walking outside the stadium

Whats the lowdown on Bartlett?

State champ?
Biggest wins?
Freestyle results?

Thanks guys

He's #7 P4P on Flo's Class of 2020 big board and they project him as a 133lber. He's the #4 ranked guy at 132 in HS. He's beaten guys like Jordan Decatur (current #2 @ 132), Gavin Teasdale (Gavin was previously unbeaten before this loss), Travis Mastrogiovanni (#5 @ 120)

Last edited:
Whats the lowdown on Bartlett?

State champ?
Biggest wins?
Freestyle results?

Thanks guys

Google will give you most of the info you are seeking.

Bartlett wrestles for Wyoming Seminary, which is a prep school, so he's not eligible to compete in State Championships.

In 2018, he was the National Prep champ at 126. In 2017, he was the National Prep champ at 120. This season, he's a junior at Wyoming Seminary. It appears that he'll be moving up to 132 lbs., but all such prognostications are just that in the offseason.

I don't pay as much attention to FS. I think Beau took 1st place this summer in the Pan-Am Championships at 60 kg in FS, and 2nd place in the same tourney in GR.

@Afw6006 listed some of Beau's biggest wins.

Sounds like he may have some interest in Arizona State as well. Quite the contrast with Cornell but I believe he is originally from Arizona. Lets see winters and co-eds in Ithaca or Tempe, hhmm.

I hear ya about winters and coeds, but after 4-5 years I want the Ivy degree over the ASU degree more than the other stuff

Reactions: jtothemfp
Bartlett was a youth legend and converted into a great HS career so far.

I'll never forget being at USA Schoolboys FS/GR Natls and a bunch of people were feeling genuinely bad for my athlete because he drew Beau first round in both styles. Like we never had a chance. He did throttle us both matches, but normally people are like, "Hey, give it your best and see what happens! Let's go!" There was none of that here. It was, "Darn, good luck in the consis..." and that was wild for me to experience as a coach.

I only sleep on Lehigh when I watch Lehigh
giphy.gif

I only sleep on Lehigh when I watch Lehigh
Liked it.
Do you know the difference between an Iowa match and a Lehigh match.
At an Iowa match the Iowa kids move forward while the other team shoots and the Iowa fans yell the other guy is stalling.
At a Lehigh match the Lehigh kid races backwards to the edge, while the other kid sprints forward and tries to shoot while the Lehigh fans scream the other kid is stalling.

Basically same thing, just different directions.

Last edited:
It is great to live in my little midwestern world where a person with an Ivy League education means nothing to me. As a matter of fact - Jethro with his 6th grade education is more common and understood. (Just kidding about Jethro, but not the Ivy league education.)

It is great to live in my little midwestern world where a person with an Ivy League education means nothing to me. As a matter of fact - Jethro with his 6th grade education is more common and understood. (Just kidding about Jethro, but not the Ivy league education.)

In my world, IT, education is secondary to experience. Certifications are meaningless, just frames to hang on the wall.
Some of the best people I work with have no degree, but worlds of wisdom and experience and worth. Others have Philosophy degrees... yep.... and work in IT.

It annoys me that our resume filtering process likely omits excellent candidates who do not have degree.

If one wanted to balance wrestling with an elite academic university the obvious choices are Stanford and Cornell.

Reactions: Dogwelder
In my world, IT, education is secondary to experience. Certifications are meaningless, just frames to hang on the wall.
Some of the best people I work with have no degree, but worlds of wisdom and experience and worth. Others have Philosophy degrees... yep.... and work in IT.

It annoys me that our resume filtering process likely omits excellent candidates who do not have degree.
I have the pleasure of living in both worlds. Daytime is Engineering for a very large, multinational HW/SW company. Certifications/Universities don't matter after the initial hiring. It becomes a "what can you do now" mentality. One of the dumbest people I've ever met had a Masters from MIT. That said, if my kid was smart enough to get a full ride academically, I'd certainly "push" them toward Stanford.

Nightime and weekends, I retreat to my 50 acre farm here in Central Texas. Where, some of my finest learning comes from characters like Max, the pig farmer down the road, that showed me how to hang and gut a boar, without hitting "the piss-sack" or Terrell, that showed me how to use the fireplace ashes as a bath for my chickens to prevent fleas. Max is 80 and only went to third grade, but I appreciate all the knowledge he, and the other locals have.

It's very savvy of the Harvard Business School grad who runs your company to hire IT folks based on experience rather than credentials. Actually, I should say, to hire HR folks to hire IT folks based on experience rather than credentials.

It's very savvy of the Harvard Business School grad who runs your company to hire IT folks based on experience rather than credentials. Actually, I should say, to hire HR folks to hire IT folks based on experience rather than credentials.

I am saying this doesn't happen. We lose out on good people who do not have degrees but have a lot of experience.
(In case you are wondering, I have A.S. PSU Scranton, 1985 B.S. Beaver College, 1992)

Reactions: Dogwelder
In other words, some Harvard grads selected this cerulean blue sweater I’m wearing? Jerks. ;)

Last edited:
I am saying this doesn't happen. We lose out on good people who do not have degrees but have a lot of experience.
(In case you are wondering, I have A.S. PSU Scranton, 1985 B.S. Beaver College, 1992)

A degree from Beaver is what most guys seek. Good man! I remember my days at the PSU Beaver campus, good times, good times... But I digress

I have the pleasure of living in both worlds. Daytime is Engineering for a very large, multinational HW/SW company. Certifications/Universities don't matter after the initial hiring. It becomes a "what can you do now" mentality. One of the dumbest people I've ever met had a Masters from MIT. That said, if my kid was smart enough to get a full ride academically, I'd certainly "push" them toward Stanford.

Nightime and weekends, I retreat to my 50 acre farm here in Central Texas. Where, some of my finest learning comes from characters like Max, the pig farmer down the road, that showed me how to hang and gut a boar, without hitting "the piss-sack" or Terrell, that showed me how to use the fireplace ashes as a bath for my chickens to prevent fleas. Max is 80 and only went to third grade, but I appreciate all the knowledge he, and the other locals have.
They sound like my kind of people!!

Reactions: CentexLion
Normally people are like, "Hey, give it your best and see what happens! Let's go!" There was none of that here. It was, "Darn, good luck in the consis..." and that was wild for me to experience as a coach.
Tom Ryan, is that you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT