ADVERTISEMENT

Beat the Streets matside, just saw tikk on Flo

I logged on just in time to see a black guy pull a wedgie out of his butt. Quality video Willie!:)

Waves!

Yeah, it wasn't my intention to be on Flo but it's the best and only side of the mat to stand.

Met Austin DeSanto after a guy in the crowd asked me to bring him over to sign autographs for his kids. He was totally happy to it. Told me how disappointed he was to not wrestle but his coaches said no. I'm an instant fan. Noticeable limp.

Glad to see they moved the location back to where it was two years ago, although it must be pretty clammy in Times Square this evening.

Fun to watch (even seeing tikk ;)). Everyone on the USA side looked great. And yes, I know the Japanese Men's team isn't the caliber of say, Iran.

I must say that our Senior Freestyle team talent is definitely on the rise.

Reactions: diggerpup
Fun to watch (even seeing tikk ;)). Everyone on the USA side looked great. And yes, I know the Japanese Men's team isn't the caliber of say, Iran.

I must say that our Senior Freestyle team talent is definitely on the rise.
The USA does seem to be stepping up.

So many photos to edit/process (I shot 650) but here's a teaser
EEsoe4r.jpg

So the USA dominated Japan--Was this Japan 1st string??? I dont really follow international..
According to the UWW Rankings, which aren't updated often,
The Japanese Men's Team brought 2 top-20 guys, #6 Takojima at 70kg (vs #8 James Green), and #9 Takatani at 74kg (vs #7 Burroughs). #2 Higuchi, at 57kg, is their highest ranked guy, and he did not go.
Of the USA top-20 guys, #1's Logan Stieber and Kyle Snyder wrestled, though DT and others will surely enter the rankings soon.

International rankings are rarely accurate or up-to-date, but it's more a factor of how many matches our guys get in competition overseas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT