ADVERTISEMENT

BC vs Wake Forest

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
Impressed with BC. Great RB in Dillion, much better QB play with A. Btown and as usual big and tough OL. Defense got a little gassed with Wake's hyper-tempo. Still looks like BC had some stout defenders. BC's next game is @ Purdue who have imploded @ the end of their 1st 2 games. BC will definitely contend in their ACC division. Addazzio building solid teams there.

Last edited:
Reactions: step.eng69
So, Wake Forest looking at 8-4 to 6-6?

I missed the entire game. Curious about both.

So, Wake Forest looking at 8-4 to 6-6?

I missed the entire game. Curious about both.
Yeah, that's about right for Wake. Really good offense, but still don'T have overall team depth to compete for ACC division title. Exciting team to watch.

Reactions: djr4rebs
Game was pretty even...that said, BC seemed to have an overall talent edge, esp. at QB and RB.
BC has talent on D, but they definitely got gassed. Biggest problem is special teams - fumbled punt inside 15, dropped snap by punter led to blocked punt for Wake TD, and missed PAT. Dillon is an elite RB and QB is playing very well. BC has more talent than usual on offense. Legit playmakers at WR and very good TEs.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Game was pretty even...that said, BC seemed to have an overall talent edge, esp. at QB and RB.
game was not even. BC muffed a punt return inside their 15 leading to a simple wake TD, then BC's punter dropped the snap and the ball went into the endzone for a wake TD. Its part of the game, but from an Offense and Defense, BC dominated for a good amount of the game. Ran the ball and play action. Wake scored late to make it respectable.

Didn’t look pretty even to me. BC handed wake 2 turnover TD’s and still won convincingly.
Plus Wake was timid on offense. They were in a shoot out and didn't take the chances that were necessary for them win. Too many punts and FG attempts when they were 4th and short. Have to say I'm surprised that Addazio is actually turning BC into a decent team Two years ago I would have bet good money that he would be gone by now.

Reactions: BBrown
All great points above, but I’m still onboard with that Wake kills BC prediction that started this thread.

Most BC fans were very down on Daz for his play calling and overall game management. However, he is a very good at evaluating talent and hiring assistant coaches. Daz has been letting his OC take more control of the offense and the results are all very positive. Anthony Brown and AJ Dillon are only sophomores. This is the first time that Daz has had a starting returning QB. This team is only going to get better.

All fans are down on the lack of support for the program from the President. That has begun to change with a trustee, John Fish, putting up the money to build the new practice facilities including an unbelievable indoor field. The program has always had huge potential, but always underachieved due to a lack of investment in facilities. Winning gets donors excited about investing in the program.

Go Eagles!

Most BC fans were very down on Daz for his play calling and overall game management. However, he is a very good at evaluating talent and hiring assistant coaches. Daz has been letting his OC take more control of the offense and the results are all very positive. Anthony Brown and AJ Dillon are only sophomores. This is the first time that Daz has had a starting returning QB. This team is only going to get better.

All fans are down on the lack of support for the program from the President. That has begun to change with a trustee, John Fish, putting up the money to build the new practice facilities including an unbelievable indoor field. The program has always had huge potential, but always underachieved due to a lack of investment in facilities. Winning gets donors excited about investing in the program.

Go Eagles!
better than Albert Fish!

Haha! This Fish owns Suffolk Construction. Not a BC grad, but one of his kids is a grad. We’ll take his $$$$$!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT