ADVERTISEMENT

BBC best TV series of the 21st Century

Just a totally unlikable character. No redeeming characteristics.
Totally flawed, painful character..the anti-sex and the city. Very likeable when you can sympathize with her self-loathing, self-destructiveness and guilt. Lots of redemption in the end, just subtle. Loved it.

Reactions: LionJim
I find it interesting. I love movie Sideways. Really one of my favorites. Giamatti is brilliant. My father in law is old school and actually had a career in Hollywood writing TV movies. He hated it profusely because the character lacked redeeming quality. He could not stand scene where he stole from mother. I find that line in sand so strange. The best characters can be flawed and it does not ruin movie for me.

I generally try not to dump on other people's interests, but I watched the first episode of Longmire and found it very cliche and predictable with bad acting. Could hardly finish the first episode. To each their own.
Same here. Then kept watching. It belongs on this list imho.

Reactions: sluggo72
jbqehuzl71k51.jpg
I generally try not to dump on other people's interests, but I watched the first episode of Longmire and found it very cliche and predictable with bad acting. Could hardly finish the first episode. To each their own.
Keep watching

Reactions: Grant Green
I watched The Leftovers for years and have no idea what it was about🤷.

It was interesting premise and I enjoyed it. Completely agree. Something said about how cataclysmic tragedy (perhaps 9/11 parallel) can splinter society. The loss, guilt, fear can push everyone in different directions for answers. Some science driven, some faith and some into cults disguised as religion. I think keeping the event unknown was brilliant idea. Nothing and no one to blame while society tries to move along but can't. So many layers.

Reactions: Centuar94
It was interesting premise and I enjoyed it. Completely agree. Something said about how cataclysmic tragedy (perhaps 9/11 parallel) can splinter society. The loss, guilt, fear can push everyone in different directions for answers. Some science driven, some faith and some into cults disguised as religion. I think keeping the event unknown was brilliant idea. Nothing and no one to blame while society tries to move along but can't. So many layers.
But it drags along with nothing happening in many episodes. I was trying to get through it but then the last episode of Shameless dropped on Netflix and I switched over to that. Not sure if I will go back or find something else.

I watched The Leftovers for years and have no idea what it was about🤷.

It was interesting premise and I enjoyed it. Completely agree. Something said about how cataclysmic tragedy can splinter society. The loss, guilt, fear can push everyone in different directions for answers. Some science driven, some faith and some into cults disguised as religion. I think keeping the event unknown was brilliant idea. Nothing and no one to blame while society tries to move along but can't. Some many layers
But it drags along with nothing happening in many episodes. I was trying to get through it but then the last episode of Shameless dropped on Netflix and I switched over to that. Not sure if I will go back or find something else.
Shameless UK or US? Shameless UK was genius. I did not care as much for US. Cast looks great but first few episodes were carbon copies of UK but not nearly as dirty feeling that UK provided. Don't they have a big house unlike grimy flat of UK? I hate that.

It was interesting premise and I enjoyed it. Completely agree. Something said about how cataclysmic tragedy can splinter society. The loss, guilt, fear can push everyone in different directions for answers. Some science driven, some faith and some into cults disguised as religion. I think keeping the event unknown was brilliant idea. Nothing and no one to blame while society tries to move along but can't. Some many layers

Shameless UK or US? Shameless UK was genius. I did not care as much for US. Cast looks great but first few episodes were carbon copies of UK but not nearly as dirty feeling that UK provided. Don't they have a big house unlike grimy flat of UK? I hate that.
Shameless US….I loved it mainly because of William Macy. I didn’t watch the UK version so I wouldn’t know if it was a carbon copy.

Question for those who’ve seen it…is Fleabag really that great?

Admittedly, I have a bias against breaking the fourth wall and speaking directly to the audience. Hated Ferris Bueller’s Day off, for example. Way too cutesy and too smart for itself.
I liked Fleabag but don't see it as the 4th best show of the 3rd Millennium

ADVERTISEMENT