ADVERTISEMENT

BBall recruit Dylan Painter from Hershey PA

Ranger Dan

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2003
York PA
Does anyone know whether his dad is football coach Mark Painter? I know Mark a little bit, used to play basketball with him in a weekly invite only pick up game back in the 90's and early 00's. He was athletic, but certainly more of a bull than a gazelle. I took a charge from him once and ended up tearing my meniscus. I used to wear a Joe Knows Football t-shirt and he would tell me that Joe didn't know as much as I thought. That means a lot from a guy coaching a AAA school in the Mid Penn... Anyway, other than injuring my knee, questioning my vertical, and disrespecting JoePa, he was a good guy.

With Nelson signing with PSU, I guess Painter isn't steering guys away from State College. What is the chance that Dylan Painter ends up playing for Penn State? Is he a coveted recruit?

Mark Painter was let go as the head football coach at Hershey last April in what was a pretty contentious and messy firing process between the school board and the athletic department/players. Considering Dylan is attending Hershey High, I would imagine that the chances that the two are father and son (or at least related) are pretty high.

For what it's worth, I've heard from my friends in coaching that Painter was overall a good man and a good coach, who had a pretty nice run of success at Hershey in the ~5 years that he was there. Most in the athletic department and among the team wanted him to stay.

I'm a big guy with not much shot blocking ability...

with the exception of Mark, I rarely get the worst of the collisions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT