ADVERTISEMENT

Battle of the Bands: Rock Divison "D" Who is better: The Beatles win!

Battle of the Bands: Rock Divison "D" Who is better: The Beatles or TheWho?

• Beatles

Votes: 101 73.2%
  • The Who

Votes: 37 26.8%

• Total voters
Paul McCartney played the guitar solo on a few Beatles songs, including "Taxman," which ironically was written by George. Paul also played drums on "Dear Prudence" and "Back In The USSR." And "The Ballad of John and Yoko" was John and Paul entirely, no George, no Ringo.
Paul, John, and George trade guitar solos on The End.
Paul also provides the bassline on I Will (my wedding song) with his voice.
Funny, that song has been playing in my head the past few days.

Bingo!!! Younger generations always judge the Beatles solely on their musicianship. It's a forgone conclusion that Ringo was not the best drummer nor was George anywhere near the greatest lead guitarist. But the Beatles knew music, composed lots of music that has had the greatest influence on our music even today.
Ringo was a great drummer

Then you’re wrong. Without Elvis there is no Beatles.

Baloney. There were a number of artists who influenced the Beatles. There is simply NO comparison between Elvis no matter how good and popular he was and the Beatles. Elvis was a vocalist who to the best of my knowledge never wrote any of his music whereas the Beatles wrote most of the music they did including several classics.

Baloney. There were a number of artists who influenced the Beatles. There is simply NO comparison between Elvis no matter how good and popular he was and the Beatles. Elvis was a vocalist who to the best of my knowledge never wrote any of his music whereas the Beatles wrote most of the music they did including several classics.
I’m not talking about ability or influence, I’m talking about Elvis’s effect on the market and the fact that he made rock and roll desirable. Sugarhill Gang was not a great rap group, but they opened the door to the rest of rap with Rapper’s Delight. Elvis made the public accepting of the groups that came after him.

I’m not talking about ability or influence, I’m talking about Elvis’s effect on the market and the fact that he made rock and roll desirable. Sugarhill Gang was not a great rap group, but they opened the door to the rest of rap with Rapper’s Delight. Elvis made the public accepting of the groups that came after him.

Backing and filling, huh? You said Elvis had more of an influence than the Beatles and now you are talking about his influence on the market. Look I love Elvis, but IMO the Beatles had a bigger influence on contemporary music than Elvis. You don’t think the Beatles didn’t make rock n roll more desirable? To borrow a phrase c’mon man. As I also pointed out, Elvis was a vocalist period. A great one, but still a vocalist. While I think he played a little piano and guitar, he was not a musician. He also wasn’t a song writer.

Backing and filling, huh? You said Elvis had more of an influence than the Beatles and now you are talking about his influence on the market. Look I love Elvis, but IMO the Beatles had a bigger influence on contemporary music than Elvis. You don’t think the Beatles didn’t make rock n roll more desirable? To borrow a phrase c’mon man. As I also pointed out, Elvis was a vocalist period. A great one, but still a vocalist. While I think he played a little piano and guitar, he was not a musician. He also wasn’t a song writer.
You’re not getting what I’m saying...without Elvis there would be no Beatles at least not in America. How much influence is that?

ADVERTISEMENT