ADVERTISEMENT

BAT SIGNAL UP!

LOL, Peak is deleting any mention of this verbal on the free Pantherlair board. To be fair, it's about a four star recruit so that is off-topic on a Pitt board.

41fMkoKRkRL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

I watched Joey Porter Jr. play against Norwin a couple weeks ago. He played linebacker, wide receiver, and on special teams. He was clearly the best athlete on the field - fast, great jumping ability, graceful, etc. He looked tall and slender. Maybe he will bulk up a bit at Penn State. I heard James Franklin was at his game last Friday. I think Porter will be a contributor at Penn State. Also, this was about Pitt's only chance to get a decent recruit for next year. They failed. Again we got the best WPIAL recruit right from under Narduzzi's nose.
.....and I love that he already knew he was going to commit to PSU and went on the Pitt visit Saturday night and announced his commitment to PSU right after the game! LOL....CJF trolls Nardawg again.

It is going to be interesting to see how the local Pgh media cover this announcement. Porter is a Pgh golden boy who spurns the local team for PSU on the heals of their dismantling by the cross state rival.

Since that dismantling the Pgh Trib has been all about Pitt rebounding. I wonder how much of a mention Porter will get at all?

I can’t believe he wrote that!! I’m stunned actually, that makes him look horrible.
Is this the first time you've read or heard Cook? That's pretty much what I expected from him. He's always pro Pitt spin and anti Penn State spin.

Not defending Cook at all but he isn't the writer covering the game, who is supposed to be somewhat evenhanded.

He's an opinion columnist, so it's not his job to be fair, it's his job to have strong opinions and get people talking.

Since his paycheck comes from a Pittsburgh publication, I don't think it's unreasonable that he would be a fan of Pitt and not a friend of Penn State. If it were the other way around he wouldn't have a job for long.

What's David Jones' excuse then?

Thanks. In that case Cook should review the rules and take note that football is a 60 minute game. That was simply part of Franklin's message to his team that it's a 60 minute game and you don't let up because you think you have the game in hand.

Of course Franklin also wanted to crush Pitt but that challenge was another way of reminding his players that you play your hardest until the time runs out.

He should never have had to ask for a review in the first place IF the Big 10(14) officials had made the correct call on the field OR if the play had been under review right away as it should have been.

Reactions: odshowtime
The damage has already been done, but just an FYI:

THE COOK THING WAS A FAKE IMPOSTER TWITTER ACCOUNT. You were all duped, it was not actually him who attacked Franklin but rather a Twitter troll. :eek:

You may now go back to your regularly scheduled programming

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT