ADVERTISEMENT

Based on the law of averages alone....

Rip_E_2_Joe_PA

Jun 9, 2002
This team should play flawless football through the rest of the season.

Problem is, I don't trust in the law of averages. I just never imagined any team could make as many critical blunders as this team did in a single game.

If you count the the number of f-ups by players and coaches..... it exceeds 2 per minute in this game. Unreal!

This team should play flawless football through the rest of the season.

Problem is, I don't trust in the law of averages. I just never imagined any team could make as many critical blunders as this team did in a single game.

If you count the the number of f-ups by players and coaches..... it exceeds 2 per minute in this game. Unreal!

I think it is far more likely that this team just isn't all that good. The best football they are capable of playing has already been played, against Ohio State. I had higher hopes for the 2018 squad, but the real missed opportunity was in 2017, when we had a generational talent at RB and some receivers who could make plays.

Hopefully, the ship can be righted in 2019.

Yeah I’m leaning towards not that good...App St. should have told us that. We had a bunch of backdoor blowouts where the athleticism eventually wore other teams out, but never imposed our will from the beginning. Scores looked worse as we ran it up in mop up time. They probably played over their head a bit against OSU in a crazy environment, but the team MSU played with on Saturday was not that good (especially with all of their injuries), and with an extra week to prepywhike playing home was a bad bad loss.

I think it is far more likely that this team just isn't all that good. The best football they are capable of playing has already been played, against Ohio State. I had higher hopes for the 2018 squad, but the real missed opportunity was in 2017, when we had a generational talent at RB and some receivers who could make plays.

Hopefully, the ship can be righted in 2019.
Maybe Ohio State isn't really that good either.

Yeah I’m leaning towards not that good...App St. should have told us that. We had a bunch of backdoor blowouts where the athleticism eventually wore other teams out, but never imposed our will from the beginning. Scores looked worse as we ran it up in mop up time. They probably played over their head a bit against OSU in a crazy environment, but the team MSU played with on Saturday was not that good (especially with all of their injuries), and with an extra week to prepywhike playing home was a bad bad loss.
Maybe they need a good road trip without all the home distractions.I still believe this team is good.A few more accurate throws and catching a sure int and this game is not close enough for msu to pull out.Miles had a great game and going forward he and the offensive line will keep improving.

ADVERTISEMENT