ADVERTISEMENT

Barron says the statue will return. Sort of.

Keyser Soze 16801

Apr 5, 2014
Of course, he also said he would review the Freeh report and we know how that turned out....

----------------------

LINK

[Barron] was a bit late for a pregame offer from one tailgate, where everything was being packed up for the fans to move inside and watch the game.

“You’re too late to be with Joe,” said the host, opening his trunk and pulling out his life-sized cutout of longtime former coach Joe Paterno.

“You’re never too late to be with Joe,” said Barron, who said he fondly remembered the coach from his former days.

Barron’s administration has sometimes been on the opposite side of some Paterno supporters and Nittany Lion faithful since taking the job last year, the president hired to guide the university through rebuilding and rebranding after the Jerry Sandusky scandal that resulted in former president Graham Spanier and Paterno losing their jobs in November 2011. Paterno died of cancer in January 2012.

There is an often vocal presence from those supporters. While there were Paterno shirts and “Honor Joe” signs around on Saturday, there was only one who brought up their biggest sticking point to Barron. Just before he turned his cart toward the stadium, one man asked when Paterno’s statue, built to honor his career with the most wins in Division I college football, would be re-erected. The statue was taken down in 2012 after Sandusky’s conviction on child sex abuse charges.

Barron said it would happen, but that it was a matter of waiting for the right time, something that fan thought would never come.

“I’m not sure that’s true,” Barron said. “Give us time.”

The man nodded his head. “Thanks for all you do.”

Why is he out there on a golf cart making nice with the people who comprise the sick culture? Why isn't he working to ensure Penn State is a world class research institution?

In Barron's defense, he did not agree that Penn State had a sick culture (that was Erickson, who did so in writing), but Barron has refused to refute it

Of course, he also said he would review the Freeh report and we know how that turned out....

----------------------

LINK

[Barron] was a bit late for a pregame offer from one tailgate, where everything was being packed up for the fans to move inside and watch the game.

“You’re too late to be with Joe,” said the host, opening his trunk and pulling out his life-sized cutout of longtime former coach Joe Paterno.

“You’re never too late to be with Joe,” said Barron, who said he fondly remembered the coach from his former days.

Barron’s administration has sometimes been on the opposite side of some Paterno supporters and Nittany Lion faithful since taking the job last year, the president hired to guide the university through rebuilding and rebranding after the Jerry Sandusky scandal that resulted in former president Graham Spanier and Paterno losing their jobs in November 2011. Paterno died of cancer in January 2012.

There is an often vocal presence from those supporters. While there were Paterno shirts and “Honor Joe” signs around on Saturday, there was only one who brought up their biggest sticking point to Barron. Just before he turned his cart toward the stadium, one man asked when Paterno’s statue, built to honor his career with the most wins in Division I college football, would be re-erected. The statue was taken down in 2012 after Sandusky’s conviction on child sex abuse charges.

Barron said it would happen, but that it was a matter of waiting for the right time, something that fan thought would never come.

More lies and empty words.

Reactions: nits74
Regardless of when Paterno is properly honored, I think it's important that we don't allow the old guard BOT to take credit.

Reactions: lein
Why is he out there on a golf cart making nice with the people who comprise the sick culture? Why isn't he working to ensure Penn State is a world class research institution?

More like he was glad-handing with people who are ruining this university. Strange.

;)

I know! Barron actually tries to run the university and doesn't focus on the statue 24/7! He's the worst!!!!!

Apparently walking and chewing gum at the same time is a novel concept for some people. You know what is an integral part of Barron's job? Fund raising. You want to guess what has a lot of potential donors holding back on donations?

Apparently walking and chewing gum at the same time is a novel concept for some people. You know what is an integral part of Barron's job? Fund raising. You want to guess what has a lot of potential donors holding back on donations?

I don't give a pile of piss about a statue, and the Paternos are a wealthy, influential family who can fight their own battles. Penn State oughta put up a statue honoring the goddamn alumni, instead of collectively labeling them as perverts by proxy. I'm sure it was just happenstance too, that the writer for the CDT saw ol' Barron tooling around in his golf cart and said "Gee, I wonder what he's doing, what a great opportunity for me to do a feature article."

Reactions: 91Joe95
I don't give a pile of piss about a statue, and the Paternos are a wealthy, influential family who can fight their own battles. Penn State oughta put up a statue honoring the goddamn alumni, instead of collectively labeling them as perverts by proxy. I'm sure it was just happenstance too, that the writer for the CDT saw ol' Barron tooling around in his golf cart and said "Gee, I wonder what he's doing, what a great opportunity for me to do a feature article."

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. The statue is merely a subset, yet very big optical one, of the real problems PSU faces, namely its continuing lies.

Reactions: Fizz1
Regardless of when Paterno is properly honored, I think it's important that we don't allow the old guard BOT to take credit.
That should not be a problem because I don't expect Joe to ever be properly honored. I envision some small tokens like the Joe Paterno Concession Stand at Beaver Stadium or the Joe Paterno Classroom in the Eric Barron Scholars Building, but little else.

Reactions: nits74 and slwlion

----------------------

LINK

F&ck Kim Jong Barron!

Lying, hypocritical POS.

That is all.

Reactions: eloracv and nits74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT