ADVERTISEMENT

Band you can't stand

Some of the early BeeGees stuff is okay if you're into poppy music with good harmony. The guys could really sing.

I get why people don’t like The Bee Gees but you are correct their ability to harmonize is top shelf. Must be the genes or something I guess.

Reactions: Ward Hog
The collection of comments in this thread = my music library. I have what I would consider an eclectic mix and can usually find one song I can enjoy from just about everybody. That said, I cannot stand Huey Lewis and the News. Ugh.

This thread hurts. Steely Dan, Floyd, Hendrix hatred..ouch. There are a thousand bands I would name before I would even get to some I don't like on the list <cough..Kiss>. Not sure I would even get to Limp Bizkit and their ilk. You guys have obviously never listed to alt country garbage like Georgia-Florida line. I did once on NYE and it is epitome of everthing wrong in music scene.

I will just say this:

Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate the f***in' Eagles, man!

Reactions: odshowtime
Well, most of the greatest bands in history have made the list - Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd, Eagles...

I don't think I've seen The Who yet. Any takers?:D

Reactions: odshowtime
One recent artist I can’t stand is Passenger. The guy puts an affected accent on that makes him sound like something out of Middle Earth. Then had the audacity to do an album of cover songs and absolutely murdered some fine songs done much better by the original artists.

Well, most of the greatest bands in history have made the list - Zeppelin, Beatles, Stones, Pink Floyd, Eagles...

I don't think I've seen The Who yet. Any takers?:D

I'll say I can't stand much of The Who after 1978 or so.

I used to blast Live at Leeds and Woodstock in my car in highschool and my buddy called them The Pooh. He still doesn't get it but he's a drummer and Moon makes him uncomfortable.

One recent artist I can’t stand is Passenger. The guy puts an affected accent on that makes him sound like something out of Middle Earth. Then had the audacity to do an album of cover songs and absolutely murdered some fine songs done much better by the original artists.
That recent cover by Lana Del Rey of a Sublime song made me want to fly to NY and strangle her with a motorcycle chain. Some dopey hipster chick does not deserve to hang with Louie Dog

Reactions: Lionguy32
OK, I'll start the firestorm. I pretty much only listen to music with a synthesizer in it. Devo, Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, Thomas Dolby. Interesting sounds and beats. Since I am only 55, none of the 60's or 70's bands have any interest to me except for "The Jam".

Reactions: Zenophile
That is the ultimate load of BS. You don't need drugs to listen to the Dead and while both Creedence and the Band are ok....I'm not sure they moved me like you stated. Decent packaged music almost like how girls like boy bands I imagine. Like someone posted above, take a listen to American Beauty which is more structured than a live show and tell we how they are wankery.

52e0a4ad7bb1234c548fc1e370072553--bob-weir-grateful-dead.jpg

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
OK, I'll start the firestorm. I pretty much only listen to music with a synthesizer in it. Devo, Depeche Mode, Gary Numan, Thomas Dolby. Interesting sounds and beats. Since I am only 55, none of the 60's or 70's bands have any interest to me except for "The Jam".

I'm only 57 and in high school we grew up listening to bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Yes, Pink Floyd and The Doors among many others from that era.

I'm only 57 and in high school we grew up listening to bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Yes, Pink Floyd and The Doors among many others from that era.

Plenty of people at my high school did as well, I’m not one of them. I attended an urban high school and was also privy to a lot of Old School rap which I’m sure you don’t like either.

Without a doubt, the Beatles. Bubble gum rock for teenage girls.I don't care how they evolved , they still suck.To this day I can't understand how people like this band. A very close second GnR.. the music's alright but axles voice sounds like someone is strangling a cat.

Plenty of people at my high school did as well, I’m not one of them. I attended an urban high school and was also privy to a lot of Old School rap which I’m sure you don’t like either.

I only mentioned what we listened to at roughly the same age at a suburban high school. Didn't say a word about disliking any music (although I have my opinions). I enjoyed some stuff from the artists you listed.

you would hate my collection, then

but to each his own

I used to think Hall and Oats were the worst. Now I respect their Philly Soul feel and pop sensibilities. You have to respect all the chart topping hit singles.

I Can't Go For That is my jam.
Whether one cares for their music is obviously a personal choice.......but their popularity was quite amazing in their day. In my youth they were a constant presence on the radio it seemed.

Without a doubt, the Beatles. Bubble gum rock for teenage girls.I don't care how they evolved , they still suck.To this day I can't understand how people like this band. A very close second GnR.. the music's alright but axles voice sounds like someone is strangling a cat.
What we have here .......is a failure to communicate.......always liked the beginning of that song.........

Maybe that was a bit strong, but I prefer improvisational music. Some bands can pump out tunes and can play them with ease....great songs too. I can appreciate that too.....but I love live music. I love bands that can bend their songs, come in and out of them and do it cleanly. Sometimes it isn't cleanly, but the times it is....it's great. I don't want to see a packages best of show for the most part. I think most decent bands can do that....but not everyone will explore a little or mix it up.

Like the Archies?

ADVERTISEMENT