ADVERTISEMENT

Bad news on Toutant

Makes sense why we got so many OL. Never thought we’d keep him based on people I know at his HS. Was the softest of verbals. He’s a DeLasalle kid anyway, we only want OLSM boys at PSU

Reactions: PSUTENN1
We have several other OLs committed so it's hard to tell what the story is. He may have seen the numbers and felt he didn't want lost in the shuffle. Maybe he wanted to be a bit closer to home. Maybe the staff felt the class was too OL heavy and encouraged him to look around. Good luck to him.

We have several other OLs committed so it's hard to tell what the story is. He may have seen the numbers and felt he didn't want lost in the shuffle. Maybe he wanted to be a bit closer to home. Maybe the staff felt the class was too OL heavy and encouraged him to look around. Good luck to him.
They did not tell him to look elsewhere, he’s been looking.

Reactions: TheGLOV
one or more of Six OL will transfer out anyway with new portal rule. More important than ever to spread the recruiting out over multiple positions.

Don’t these parents teach their kids as they’re growing up that, when you give someone your word that’s final. As a man (or woman), unless there’s some unforeseen circumstances that come up, you stand behind your word!
My motto, if you don’t have your word in life, what do you really have?

Sounds like he’s the Chris Bleich of 2020. Will probably flip to Michigan before it’s all said and done. Josh Fryar could possibly fill this opening, and Anton Harrison from Maryland is still out there

Reactions: TheGLOV
Was getting eaten alive in camps. And he’s got a long way to go with that Dad bod. If he was verbaled to Michigan, Jimbo would have started ignoring him starting in September.

8880948.jpg

Was getting eaten alive in camps. And he’s got a long way to go with that Dad bod. If he was verbaled to Michigan, Jimbo would have started ignoring him starting in September.

8880948.jpg
You may well be correct, but the worm turns very quickly around these parts.

Reactions: Art
Will Rivals bump him back up now? That’s the big question, right?
Precisely. 48 hr ago we were hearing he had not done well in the camps and his star level dropped to 3 and his rating to 5.6 (while others went to 4 and 5.8). I looked at what i saw was a soft kid and hoped he'd toughen up and kick sand in the faces of those who doubted him.

OK. Now i hope he doesn't. :) iow... not losing sleep on this one.

8880948.jpg

8880948.jpg
The RS stands for redshirt.He looks like a future tuba player that has dreams of dotting the I.

This is not "sour grapes". But I am not too disappointed in this de-comm. He is a big kid, but heavy footed, and not very athletic. IMO, he is the type of 'big kid' we used to recruit 10-20 years ago to keep up with the size of other B1G programs like OSU & Michigan. problem was, that the 'big kids' for those schools were not just big bodies, but they were also very athletic people. While we just had 'big bodies'. Like others said, good luck to him. I like that he did it early in the process. I have no problems with a kid having second-thoughts and de-comm early in the process. But in all honesty, I saw a career back-up at PSU. And, I'd be very surprised if he is not a career back-up at OSU either.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
And visiting PSU several times while supposedly recruiting for them too... this is an odd one but good luck to the kid. It’s his world and choice.

deleted: apologies to you and Toutant for misinterpreting your meaning.

Last edited:
Sounds like he’s the Chris Bleich of 2020. Will probably flip to Michigan before it’s all said and done. Josh Fryar could possibly fill this opening, and Anton Harrison from Maryland is still out there
I agree about the flipping to Michigan part. If Jim decides to go after this kid hard, it will be too much for him to resist. All of the Alabama-type recruiting classes that Jim has assembled over the last 3 to 4 years will result in championships on the field and kids like Toutant will notice and stay home, What Michigan HS star wouldn't want to play for Jim ?

Reactions: mn78psu83
Is it too early to say Toutant is not Penn State material? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: Art
I agree about the flipping to Michigan part. If Jim decides to go after this kid hard, it will be too much for him to resist. All of the Alabama-type recruiting classes that Jim has assembled over the last 3 to 4 years will result in championships on the field and kids like Toutant will notice and stay home, What Michigan HS star wouldn't want to play for Jim ?

You've outdone yourself, wolve. This is pure gold.

Baby steps. At least get to the Big Ten championship game first. That would be a great accomplishment for Jimbo.

You can't blame him since he verbaled a while ago and probaly didn't expect another 5 OL's to sign. Best of luck to him and hopefully Penn State's gets Fryar as a center

Last edited:
Reactions: N&B4PSU and TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT