ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Manners Week?

Bellator should test Pico to see if he and JO are sharing more than dumb takes.

Zain has gotten better since 2015, and he just beat the guy who beat Pico two out of three last year.

Reactions: Dogwelder
He's in MMA now. Trash talk is in his job description and most of his appeal is his wrestling resume. So reminding folks of his dominance over the current world team member should come as no surprise and probably should be expected.
I wouldn't equate this with the JO tweets at all.

He's in MMA now. Trash talk is in his job description and most of his appeal is his wrestling resume. So reminding folks of his dominance over the current world team member should come as no surprise and probably should be expected.
You're right and I thought my comment was glib enough to not be taken as if I was insinuating anything about JO, much less Pico, which I'm definitely not. But I still do think Zain beats Pico today.

Not this kind of trash talk; and since when do MMA fighters get a license to say whatever they want without push back? Pretty sure there was nothing stopping Pico from entering WTTs. Talking about what he would of done if he actually competed is pathetic, especially considering Retherford defeated the guy that beat him last year.

Last edited:
Side note; I can't see many dudes beating Pico in any fight regardless of experience which he'll get plenty before seeing tough competition. Kid is a star

Not this kind of trash talk; and since when do MMA fighters get a license to say whatever they want without push back? Pretty sure there was nothing stopping Pico from entering WTTs. Talking about what he would of done if he actually competed is pathetic, especially considering Retherford defeated the guy that beat him last year.
Nothing wrong with pushback. Also nothing wrong with what he said.
"How dare he!" Lol

Reactions: Needanap
Personally I don’t care either way, but I get what Tiger was saying. Not “how dare he”, but having played ball in Philly for a long time, if you walk on a court talking big, someone is going to stuff it down your throat, or try. You better be able to back it up. Hopefully he can in MMA.

Having never been in MMA and losing last year to the guy that just got beat doesn’t earn you the right to talk, not on the streets anyway, regardless of how good you are. I think that is all he meant. That kind of trash talking bores me to tears (since its all fake), which is why I could never get into those types of entertainment (also the fighters/wrestlers aren't exactly the greatest actors). ;)

I'm not even sure Pico could ever wrestle Zain again if he wanted. He's fighting at 155, which means he's probably up to 175+ when not in camp. The trip down to 143.3 pounds will likely be too tough for him.

...did you ever consider that Pico is just trying to get back in the spotlight?...
...having made the decision to forego college for world freestyle - and failing - he then went to MMA and has not been on top ...he is now reflecting on his decisions- and time is passing him by...
...compared to what Zain has accomplished and the notoriety he has received must really be hard for Pico to acknowledge...

Last edited:
...did you ever consider that Pico is just trying to get back in the spotlight?...
...having made the decision to forego college for world freestyle - and failing - he then went to MMA and has not been on top ...he is now reflecting on his decisions- and time is passing him by...
...compared to what Zain has accomplished and the notoriety he has received must really be hard for Pico to acknowledge...

Of course Pico is trying to get back in the spotlight, he has a fight coming up and he wants to make as much money as possible.

Reactions: PapaBearSLIM
Can he ever enroll and wrestle for a college team. Or did he technically blow his eligibility? I don't know this answer. MMA is not exact wrestling....like a baseball player going professional would loss eligibility because the sports are the same. I seem to remember reading a thread about a 40 something year old having a year of eligibility left and going back to wrestle. Any thoughts I'd appreciate it...

He lost his college eligibility when he got paid sponsorship a few years ago... Unfortunately Pico has been rushed from his freshman year in high school on. He is extremely talented, no doubt about it, but it seems the people in a position to guide him have operated with MMA $$ in mind from the get-go. Could of been a rare CA 4 time state champ but he was pulled out after his freshman year, college appears to viewed as just a waste of time and despite making the WTT finals, his international career was ended at 19! I'm sure he will do well in MMA but he skipped a lot of quality endeavors unnecessarily, imo, and there could be a lot more what-ifs if his career doesn't go as planned.

ADVERTISEMENT