ADVERTISEMENT

Back from OBX, did I miss anything?

'fair' joined a cult and now has 15 wives!

That is all.

It's true. My wife, plus 14 more. I married them all at once in a joint ceremony.;)

deb3.jpg

Reactions: T J and N&B4PSU
Sorry I don’t have time to read through all of the posts, but thanks for being your usual asshole self!!!!!!

Well, we are still looking very strong for the recruiting class of 2019.

2020 could be heating up a little.

Nobody here listened to Phil's show. If the did, they declined to post his words of wisdom.

The Pirates' ship is listing port-side. Skipper Hurdle still believes in the law-of-averages as far as it pertains to baseball.

Phillies looking well.

NBA draft and NHL draft upcoming.

Babes galore on various soccer threads.

Nice craft & beer thread going on.

Meh...………………………………………………………….

The thread about office romances is pretty epic. (That's the "Are you part of the 14%" thread.) You should check that one out. 'Ro's posts are particularly good.

Somebody (I suspect Tom) had the FBI contact me regarding a poll I posted involving attractive women of questionable moral character. Pics were included so as to avoid a flag (none of which would have made Larry Flynt blush), but alas it was frowned upon by some. You can’t please everybody.

being serious.....I was semi off the grid for the past 10 days.

Welcome back

1. USGA has screwed up the US Open.

2. I have self confessed to being tragically flawed. People who said they would not pass judgment-did anyway.

3. Stratton is in Iceland. Apparently wrecking glaciers.

4. Apparently no one watches the NBA but viewership is up anyway. However people don't believe it

5. TJ finally admitted climate change exists. Primarily due the number of pre wrecked glaciers reported by Stratton

6. Lukeiamyourfather complained about the lack of liberal Board moderators on this board.

7. 95's damn pool still isn't done

8. We had competing soccer fan chick polls but much like the NCAA vs the NIT one was significantly better and more official.

9. Barry made a post on a thread that was completely irrelevant to the main focus of the thread.

10. Step and his family are being harassed by Yogi and Booboo but apparently he has no pic-a-nic baskets for them to rummage through. We also found out step urinates off his deck to mark his territory.

11. Potter is in Margate. Stop by for a beer.

12. Much to my chagrin Lara Spencer still has not fallen in love with me. Could be related to my dating history. Or her good taste prevents her from doing so.

The most important thing that happened in the last ten days is that Jay can't be blamed for any of the above.

Last edited:
Welcome back

1. USGA has screwed up the US Open.

2. I have self confessed to being tragically flawed. People who said they would not pass judgment-did anyway.

3. Stratton is in Iceland. Apparently wrecking glaciers.

4. Apparently no one watches the NBA but viewership is up anyway. However people don't believe it

5. TJ finally admitted climate change exists. Primarily due the number of pre wrecked glaciers reported by Stratton

6. Lukeiamyourfather complained about the lack of liberal Board moderators on this board.

8. We had competing soccer fan chick polls but much like the NCAA vs the NIT one was significantly better and more official.

9. Barry made a post on a thread that was completely irrelevant to the main focus of the thread.

10. Step and his family are being harassed by Yogi and Booboo but apparently he has no pic-a-nic baskets for them to rummage through. We also found out step urinates off his deck to mark his territory.

11. Potter is in Margate. Stop by for a beer.

12. Much to my chagrin Lara Spencer still has not fallen in love with me. Could be related to my dating history. Or her good taste prevents her from doing so.

The most important thing that happened in the last ten days is that Jay can't be blamed for any of the above.
Just saved me 15 minutes! That’s an awesome summary...and a great public service. Thanks Ro!
Happy Father’s Day to all the BWI fathers out there!

Still? We just started on Tuesday! The concrete was done on Friday. Hopefully another 5 weeks and it’ll be done!

That being said, it could take me another 9 weeks of posting questions to figure out what finishes I want. :D

Reactions: TheGLOV
Still? We just started on Tuesday! The concrete was done on Friday. Hopefully another 5 weeks and it’ll be done!

That being said, it could take me another 9 weeks of posting questions to figure out what finishes I want. :D
Should’ve gotten yourself one of these badboys. Takes out a lot of the guess work. Especially when it comes with the house.

On a serious note; I’ve been in my pool twice this year. It gets plenty of use on Saturdays while I’m at work and by the time I get home and am ready to throw down, everyone leaves :(

Last edited:
how was your trip to OBX? I am heading down this morning for a week. I cannot wait.
Fantastic!
Weather was perfect, and I caught a Mahi, out deep sea fishing.
Had Mahi pretty much every meal, this past week.
There was also so decent eye candy.
Did t want to come home.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Should’ve gotten yourself one of these badboys. Takes out a lot of the guess work. Especially when it comes with the house.

On a serious note; I’ve been in my pool twice this year. It gets plenty of use on Saturdays while I’m at work and by the time I get home and am ready to throw down, everyone leaves :(

If the wife would’ve let me put an above ground pool in, I would’ve been all over it!

In NC, we’ve been in the 90’s for a week already and no sign of letting up. With 3 kids ages 8-13, I’m thinking this pool will be used non-stop.

Where in the OBX were you? I’m heading to Corolla in a few weeks, any advice, it’s our first visit.

Cool by me....
Couldn’t figure out how to PM, so read below

We live in Cary, NC, so we go to OBX frequently.

OBX is great, it doesn’t have all of the cheesy tourist stuff, like OCMD or Myrtle Beach.

Things to do:

-Jockeys ridge state park. Hang gliding is school here. If It’s a nice day and windy it is very fun learn how to hang glide. It’s also very close to a cool store called Kitty hawk kites. It is also very close to the Wright Brothers flight memorial.

-Deep sea fishing/head boat fishing. If you have a day to waste, this is great. I just did this the other day and got a giant Mahi.

-Lighthouse. If you like light houses, you’re in luck. There is light House right in Corolla. There’s also another lighthouse about 30 miles south of Corolla, called Bodie Island. Go about 30 to 40 miles south of that and there’s another lighthouse, the infamous Cape Hatteras lighthouse. If you’re feeling really Quincy go to the bottom of Outer Banks, and there is a ferry to Ocracoke Island.

-If you have kids, we most recently did a ghost crab hunting tour. It was an absolute blast.

Shopping. If you need to get groceries, etc. when you get on the island........As soon as you get over the Wright brothers bridge, there is a Walmart on your right. Also, there is a newly built Harris Teeter grocery store in Corolla.

Restaurants -

-There is an awesome hole in the wall burgers joint at milepost 3, on route 12/Virginia Dare trail. It is called Art’s place. By far one of the best burgers you’ll ever have, in your life.

Go southbound on Route 12 about 1 mile, and you’ll run into a place called John’s. Go here, and order a fried dolphin hoagie! Soooo good.

In Nags head on 12, way further down Are two other great holes in the wall: food Dudes, and Tortuga’s lie.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Where in the OBX were you? I’m heading to Corolla in a few weeks, any advice, it’s our first visit.
Hey, Nittany. Have owned property in the OBX (in Corolla) for the past 18 years. So, needless to say, know the area quite well! We’re heading down to our house the 1st week of July. What neighborhood in Corolla are you staying in?

I've stayed up in the 4x4 beach. It's worth a trip up there just to drive on the beach and see the wild horses
Also when you come off the bridge on the rhs there is a WAL mart
Right past there is a great seafood shop for fish schrimp etc

Street the house is on is Tide Arch.....looks to be about 1/3 the way to Duck from Corolla

Was going to post something similar... been away nearly 3 weeks and it is kind of hard to catch up on so many things (like the wash and bills.. and having to go and BUY and COOK food again ughhh)... let alone reading a few thousand posts (most not FB related).

Thanks to those below who were kind enough to synopsize the primary stuff.. in short, we missed nothing except hot chcik pics lol).

That said, a Clemson fan who happens to like PSU friend of mine sent me a text re Franklin (in a positive way), so i'll need to check on that.

Street the house is on is Tide Arch.....looks to be about 1/3 the way to Duck from Corolla
That would put you in Ocean Sands, which is essentially across the street (Route 12) from The Currituck Club, the neighborhood where my home is in. Here’s a few insights/tips for you:

*Traffic during changeover days (Sat or Sun, usually) can be a nightmare. Would suggest either planning to hit Wright Memorial Bridge by 10 AM or you may be better off waiting until the later evening to approach bridge.
*Your best grocery store option is a Harris Teeter, located at main entrance of The Currituck Club. Much, much nicer than the Food Lion in Corolla.
*Getting into restaurants can be challenging during peak season, and very few restaurants take reservations. One that does is The Blue Point in Duck. A bit pricey, but best restaurant in the OBX, hands down. Great setting, as well.
*One of our other favorite restaurants in Corolla is North Banks Bar & Grill, in Timbuktu Plaza Corolla. Smaller place, so wait can excessive, but well worth it.
*Other good restaurant options are The Black Pelican in Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills Grill in KDH & Awful Arthur’s in KDH. Awful Arthur’s is our place to get our raw oyster fix.
*Great breakfast place is Stack Em High, with locations in KDH & Kitty Hawk. For bagels & breakfast sandwiches, recommend Lighthouse Bagels in Corolla.
*As for general things to do, agree that Jockey Ridge is pretty cool...highest sand dune on East Coast. Other things would include climbing to the top of the Currituck Lighthouse, Jeep tour of 4 wheel beach area, aquarium in Manteo, new water park in Powell’s Point, and of course, many places to jet ski, parasail, etc.
*Why many people love the OBX are the beaches...not overly crowded, even during peak summer weeks. Be careful with the surf, though. There are often rip currents. In fact, there were 2 or 3 people who drowned (due to rip currents) just a few weeks ago, in Kitty Hawk.

Would be glad to answer any questions you may have. Think you will really enjoy it...it’s a matter of personal preference, but I think Corolla & Duck are the best places to stay on the OBX.

“Shaking the tree boss,” anything else we can do for you other than a global update of Pen State activities which we are to presume you may not have digested? The world does continue to revolve around you. What a putz. The outer banx suck. I hope you got bit by a shark.

Last edited:
If the wife would’ve let me put an above ground pool in, I would’ve been all over it!

In NC, we’ve been in the 90’s for a week already and no sign of letting up. With 3 kids ages 8-13, I’m thinking this pool will be used non-stop.

Maybe a black bear might even stop by for a dip!! LOL!!!

“Shaking the tree boss,” anything else we can do for you other than a global update of Pen State activities which we are to presume you may not have digested? The world does continue to revolve around you. What a putz. The outer banx suck. I hope you got bit by a shark.
Stay classy, bro

I like it. A lot.

ADVERTISEMENT