ADVERTISEMENT

Back from Final X State College & some general thoughts

amalone

Oct 12, 2005
- I will never miss a Senior Level competition if it's at Rec Hall.

- I don't care that Kyle Dake has beaten David Taylor every time they've wrestled. I cheered just as loudly for Kyle Dake as I did for David Taylor. Kyle is a phenomenal athlete, an incredible wrestler and has some of the best defense of any American wrestler I've ever witnessed. He defeats his opponent with the lack of an ability to be scored on and that's demoralizing. That's called winning and Kyle Dake is a winner. I was honored to see him wrestle again. The last time I saw Kyle Dake wrestle in person, I was the official scorer in his match with Kevin LeValley in the 2011 EIWA finals and I circled Kevin LeValley's name as the winner on my NCAA scorers sheet. He's become a dynamic scorer also in freestyle and I'm ecstatic that he's our representative on the world team.

- Adeline Gray is a phenomenal athlete and it was over before she took the mat. She's a once in a generation woman wrestler. Not like the once in a generation talent that Penn State used to get, but now gets in spades, yes, she's on that other level too. Lol She looked like she was drilling with her opponent and her opponent got... well... DRILLED. I know her opponent was only 19, but she got instantly schooled by the Master. Three time World Championand mentioned she's just as determined to get another world title from her post match comments where she detailed what it takes to win another world title. She was a treat to see wrestle in person. A world beater and Champion.

- My man... David Taylor. You came into the arena... you nearly jumped to the rafters to touch all the Championship banners you put there. And the subsequent one's that followed because of your presence at Penn State. You're bigger, you look like Adonis now, but you were Zeus in the eyes of all who took in your work at Rec Hall on Saturday night. I literally got chills and I know David might have as well as the Rec Hall crowd ROARED as you came from behind the curtain. Our Champion of Champions as a wrestler and as a person... I lost my voice because of you. And cheering for the mere minutes it took for you to dismantle Nick Reenan was the best $84 plus handling fees I ever spent. Lol

DT was coming off of impressive wins on the European wrestling circuit at major tournaments and DT made Nick Reenan a victim to his more lofty goals of being a World and hopefully an Olympic gold medalist. If that happens, Penn State will only have three gold medalists in the wrestling room and coaching will still be needed to get Penn State to where it needs to get to in it's dynasty building process. This long process of championship after championship, building a dynasty... with NO coach. These are the travails of the unfortunate. Championships, Gold Medals and a Dynasty.

- Thank you DT for starting our dynasty, I know you'd want to thank Coach Cael and Coach Cunningham for being in your corner, because only a month ago, you posted... train hard and listen to everything your coach (Cael Sanderson) says to you and NOW... you're a World Team Member. You, our 1st son gave us even more memories to rest our heads at night knowing that we indeed do have a coach and now a World Team member coach to help propel you to even loftier heights . You know the one's your coach achieved and you're doing now with his "guidance"... sometimes called coaching. BRAVO David Taylor.

You make us so proud this Father's Day to be Penn State's 1st son and to all Father's who have raised sons and sons who grew up to be wrestlers. We know no greater love than to see them rise to such heights. We live in the eternal glow you've created... may yours be gold in Budapest and beyond. And thanks for raising the roof on Rec Hall... DT... as if it couldn't be raised higher after the Match of the Century. You and your presence created that feeling all over again. Thanks for all the love you shared after the match and I know your dad appreciated your hug after your 2nd match was over. Giving him the best Father's Day gift a father could receive... merely your love and appreciation.

Last edited:
- I will never miss a Senior Level competition if it's at Rec Hall.

- I don't care that Kyle Dake has beaten David Taylor every time they've wrestled. I cheered just as loudly for Kyle Dake as I did for David Taylor. Kyle is a phenomenal athlete, an incredible wrestler and has some of the best defense of any American wrestler I've ever witnessed. He defeats his opponent with the lack of an ability to be scored on and that's demoralizing. That's called winning and Kyle Dake is a winner. I was honored to see him wrestle again. The last time I saw Kyle Dake wrestle in person, I was the official scorer in his match with Kevin LeValley in the 2011 EIWA finals and I circled Kevin LeValley's name as the winner on my NCAA scorers sheet. He's become a dynamic scorer also in freestyle and I'm ecstatic that he's our representative on the world team.

- Adeline Gray is a phenomenal athlete and it was over before she took the mat. She's a once in a generation woman wrestler. Not like the once in a generation talent that Penn State used to get, but now gets in spades, yes, she's on that other level too. Lol She looked like she was drilling with her opponent and her opponent got... well... DRILLED. I know her opponent was only 19, but she got instantly schooled by the Master. Three time World Champion and Olympic Champion and she's just as determined to get another world title from her post match comments where she detailed what it takes to win another world title. She was a treat to see wrestle in person. A world beater and Champion.

- My man... David Taylor. You came into the arena... you nearly jumped to the rafters to touch all the Champion banners you put there. And the subsequent one's that followed because of your presence at Penn State. You're bigger, you look like Adonis now, but you were Zeus in the eyes of all who took in your work at Rec Hall on Saturday night. I literally got chills and I know David might have as well as the Rec Hall crowd ROARED as you came from behind the curtain. Our Champion of Champions as a wrestler and as a person... I lost my voice because of you. And cheering for the mere minutes it took for you to dismantle Nick Reenan was the best $84 plus handling fees I ever spent. Lol

DT was coming off of impressive wins on the European wrestling circuit at major tournaments and DT made Nick Reenan a victim to his more lofty goals of being a World and hopefully an Olympic gold medalist. If that happens. Penn State will only have three in the wrestling room and coaching will still be needed to get Penn State to where it needs to get to in it's dynasty building process. This long process of championship after championship, building a dynasty... with NO coach. These are the travails of the unfortunate. Championships, Gold Medals and a Dynasty.

- Thank you DT for starting our dynasty, I know you'd want to thank Coach Cael and Cunningham for being in your corner, because only a month ago, you posted... train hard and listen to everything your coach (Cael Sanderson) says to you and NOW... you're a World Team Member. You, our 1st son gave us even more memories to rest our heads at night knowing that we indeed do have a coach and now a World Team member coach to help propel you to even loftier heights . You know the one's your coach achieved and did so, and you're are doing now with his "guidance"... sometimes called coaching. BRAVO David Taylor.

You make us so proud this Father's Day to be Penn State's 1st son and to all Father's who have raised sons and sons who grew up to be wrestlers. We know no greater love than to see them rise to such heights. We live in the eternal glow you've created... may yours be gold in Budapest and beyond. And thanks for raising the roof on Rec Hall... DT... as if it couldn't be raised higher after the Match of the Century. You and your presence created that feeling all over again. Thanks for all the love you shared after the match and I know your dad appreciated your hug after your 2nd match was over. Merely... giving him the best Father's Day gift a father could receive.
Outstanding heartfelt post. Happy Fathers Day to a GREAT dad!

Reactions: amalone
amalone,
Nice recap - one thing though - Adeline isn't (yet) an Olympic champion. She and Burroughs picked the wrong place to have their worst competitive day of 2016 in Brazil.

Renewed vigor after the time off. When she's on, no one in the world can beat her.

Reactions: amalone
amalone,
Nice recap - one thing though - Adeline isn't (yet) an Olympic champion. She and Burroughs picked the wrong place to have their worst competitive day of 2016 in Brazil.

Renewed vigor after the time off. When she's on, no one in the world can beat her.
Thanks for the correction. I appreciate it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT