ADVERTISEMENT

B Heim honored at Saturday's football game. E-mails sent to ......

Hope is a notoriously bad strategy.

I have called the number given to us by Tammy, and was referred to Curtis Chan. I got Mr. Chan's voice mail. I then sent the following email to Mr. Chan

cxc@psu.edu
Curtis,

I have been directed to you by the Athletic Department and am hoping you can provide me with some information and understanding of a decision made by the Military Appreciation Week Committee. I understand Bruce Heim is to be honorary captain of the Army football team. I have no question of Mr. Heim's service to our country and I commend him for that. He and his family should be very proud of his military service and accomplishments.

However, Mr. Heim was also on the board of directors of the Second Mile and I understand may have some connection to the lack of reporting of the actions of Jerry Sandusky by the Second Mile. Is there no one else who has graduated from Penn State and served in the U.S. Army worthy of being the honorary captain.

Does no one at the University take into consideration the feelings of the Alumni when making decisions on who to honor?

Would you please furnish me with a listing of the persons who are serving on the Military Appreciation Week Committee?

Rumors? This has nothing to do with rumors. Bruce Heim told a journalist that he was the person who told Jack Raykovtiz that they didn't need to pursue Tim Curley's report. BRUCE HEIM IS THE PERSON WHO SCREWED UP. The Second Mile was LEGALLY OBLIGATED to pursue that report. Heim and Raykovtiz should have been prosecuted for failure to report. It is complete bullshit that Penn State has been punished because of Bruce Heim's mistake.

And Curley hasn't gotten a "free pass" you idiot. His life has been wrecked.

ohhh..... FFS

You think it is perfectly acceptable for Curley to nominate Sandusky for a coaching award after he was indicated a child sex abuser (the ol' but what was he to do he had emeritus status) but are miffed at PSU regarding Heim flipping a coin..... The "free pass" I was talking about is from people like you

The separation between Heim, the admins, the old guard bot and even some of the new bot is practically zero. It is "one big circle jerk"

What you still don't want to realize is that Curley Schultz and Spanier lying their asses off to investigators is exactly how Heim and some others were able to avoid the scrutiny they deserve

And you call me the idiot.......................................................................................

ohhh..... FFS

You think it is perfectly acceptable for Curley to nominate Sandusky for a coaching award after he was indicated a child sex abuser (the ol' but what was he to do he had emeritus status) but are miffed at PSU regarding Heim flipping a coin..... The "free pass" I was talking about is from people like you

The separation between Heim, the admins, the old guard bot and even some of the new bot is practically zero. It is "one big circle jerk"

What you still don't want to realize is that Curley Schultz and Spanier lying their asses off to investigators is exactly how Heim and some others were able to avoid the scrutiny they deserve

And you call me the idiot.......................................................................................

Serious questions: how much of what we are talking about was/is done in equipment that your rent out? And, how vigilant are you to make sure that it doesn't? (If, indeed, your care.)

Last edited:
ohhh..... FFS

We all know who the liar is.

Mike McQueary never told anyone in 2001 that he was sure that Sandusky was raping a boy in the showers. Period. You know it. I know it and anyone with an ounce of intellect knows it.

Go ahead. I've asked Dukie and he refuses to answer. I'll ask you: Did Mike tell YOU in 2001 that he was sure that Sandusky was sodomizing a boy?

YES OR NO.

We all know who the liar is.

Mike McQueary never told anyone in 2001 that he was sure that Sandusky was raping a boy in the showers. Period. You know it. I know it and anyone with an ounce of intellect knows it.

Go ahead. I've asked Dukie and he refuses to answer. I'll ask you: Did Mike tell YOU in 2001 that he was sure that Sandusky was sodomizing a boy?

YES OR NO.

The word sodomizing wasn't used - I was told very similar to what MM testified that Jerry was standing behind the boy with his hands up on the wall.

From what I was told that same initial weekend and any discussion about it since I got out of it that Jerry was molesting that boy. A man standing behind a boy in the shower like that ........ You know it and anyone with an ounce of intellect knows that Jerry wasn't playing checkers with that boy.

MM never testified that he told the admins he was sure Sandusky was raping the boy so not sure where you are pulling that out from but he did tell them enough to at minimum have it investigated like they said they were going to but didn't. Whatever MM told Joe that Saturday morning was enough that it got courtney, schultz and the UPPD chief of police all involved that same weekend before even talking to MM.

If schultz didn't want to investigate that incident he shouldn't have said that is what he was going to do.

The word sodomizing wasn't used - I was told very similar to what MM testified that Jerry was standing behind the boy with his hands up on the wall.

From what I was told that same initial weekend and any discussion about it since I got out of it that Jerry was molesting that boy. A man standing behind a boy in the shower like that ........ You know it and anyone with an ounce of intellect knows that Jerry wasn't playing checkers with that boy.

MM never testified that he told the admins he was sure Sandusky was raping the boy so not sure where you are pulling that out from but he did tell them enough to at minimum have it investigated like they said they were going to but didn't. Whatever MM told Joe that Saturday morning was enough that it got courtney, schultz and the UPPD chief of police all involved that same weekend before even talking to MM.

If schultz didn't want to investigate that incident he shouldn't have said that is what he was going to do.
Checkers??!! Now we're talking about checkers!!?? When did this thing turn to Board Games?

:)

You are often right Tom........but I can ASSURE you in this instance that is incorrect (that particular sentence).

[Well.....actually.....if we really parsed words......one could actually say that - technically. But hopefully this will all come out in the open soon]

I hope that the folks responsible will stand up and be accountable.

So, when will Jerry be getting to appear as honorary captain of the PSU team? I'm sure someone at PSU can arrange a furlough.

If we play Army again, can we get Lyndie England as Honorary Captain, If Lt. Wm. Calley is not available? Didn't Tim McVeigh also serve our nation honorably just like Heim?

Sure this is not a Board level concern. What is a board-level concern is that they could F*ck the alumni like this and pretend not to have known what they were doing.

I have called the number given to us by Tammy, and was referred to Curtis Chan. I got Mr. Chan's voice mail. I then sent the following email to Mr. Chan

cxc@psu.edu
Curtis,

I have been directed to you by the Athletic Department and am hoping you can provide me with some information and understanding of a decision made by the Military Appreciation Week Committee. I understand Bruce Heim is to be honorary captain of the Army football team. I have no question of Mr. Heim's service to our country and I commend him for that. He and his family should be very proud of his military service and accomplishments.

However, Mr. Heim was also on the board of directors of the Second Mile and I understand may have some connection to the lack of reporting of the actions of Jerry Sandusky by the Second Mile. Is there no one else who has graduated from Penn State and served in the U.S. Army worthy of being the honorary captain.

Does no one at the University take into consideration the feelings of the Alumni when making decisions on who to honor?

Would you please furnish me with a listing of the persons who are serving on the Military Appreciation Week Committee?

This Curtis Chan person is on Twitter.

Don't tell us "similar to..." blah blah blah.

Tell us exactly what you were told in 2001.

It was 15 years ago ............... who the hell can remember exactly

if you were coached correctly you would know not to ever use a term like "exactly"

from what I recall it was similar to......... is how I would phrase it........................................

It was 15 years ago ............... who the hell can remember exactly

if you were coached correctly you would know not to ever use a term like "exactly"

from what I recall it was similar to......... is how I would phrase it........................................

A whole slew of folks have been expected to remember exactly. Just sayin'.

Don't play dumb. We're done finding that endearing.

Reactions: jjsocrates
ohhh..... FFS

Towny,
You and I agree on many things, however, I believe that your source re: Curley being told about Sandusky circa 2009 is quite unreliable.

Next, the fact is that if you read the perjury particulars, the OAG has NOTHING to hang its hat on. The Curley admission he didn't hear about 1998 investigation can easily be explained away by a faulty memory. That is why there are statutes of limitations on crimes for that very reason.

You also cannot make a perjury charge stick on when someone states they "believed," "recalled," or "had the impression" that something happened or didn't happen.

And, of course, the OAG is heavily relying on the word of Cynthia Baldwin to make its case. Every prosecution witness to testify in July 2013 contradicted Baldwin's version of events that was publicized in the Conspiracy of Silence presentment.

I'm not calling you an idiot, however your view is obviously biased based on the last line you wrote.

Heim, et al, avoided scrutiny because the PA govt was protecting them. The five people interviewed (AF, DD, JM, ST, FP, and FA) in the earliest days of the 2008/2009 investigation all mentioned Sandusky's relationship with TSM, but investigators avoided the charity for TWO YEARS. The investigation into TSM started in January 2011 -- the exact same time Curley and Schultz were interviewed. Curley did not hesitate to mention he reported the incident to TSM.

Ironically, Jerry's hopeful "star witness" at his new trial provided the Feds with great information on the Cars for Kids and other TSM benefit programs. Heim, et al, are far from out of the woods.

If it was open and shut as that, then McQueary would bear a lot of responsibility as would Dr. Dranov and McQueary Sr. Their actions seem to indicate that McQueary thought something happen, but didn't visually see enough to confirm that it had happened. Otherwise, there would be no doubt it was criminal and no hesitation to report to the police immediately so the child could be retrieve from the situation. It may be understandable that McQueary would be traumatized by the events and maybe frozen as what to do, but the fact that McQueary Sr. called Dranov and then after listening and questioning McQueary that they didn't feel the need to call the police or at the minimum return to the lockerroom to see if Sandusky was still there or confront him speaks loudly. How two grown men could supposedly hear that a molestation of clearly unable to consent person had occurred or may be continuing and went to sleep that night without any further action is questionable.

Why would a few rumors be allowed to prevent an esteemed West Point Graduate from being honored before Army vs PSU game

Curley gets a free pass for nominating Jerry for a National Coaching award and hell Jerry was already indicated a Child Sex Abuser

I am sure someone can explain why this is so much different................................[/Q'tUOTE]

I don't recall Tim being honored recently? I only know that some trash him at every opportunity....correction, it is only you.

Towny,
You and I agree on many things, however, I believe that your source re: Curley being told about Sandusky circa 2009 is quite unreliable.

Next, the fact is that if you read the perjury particulars, the OAG has NOTHING to hang its hat on. The Curley admission he didn't hear about 1998 investigation can easily be explained away by a faulty memory. That is why there are statutes of limitations on crimes for that very reason.

You also cannot make a perjury charge stick on when someone states they "believed," "recalled," or "had the impression" that something happened or didn't happen.

And, of course, the OAG is heavily relying on the word of Cynthia Baldwin to make its case. Every prosecution witness to testify in July 2013 contradicted Baldwin's version of events that was publicized in the Conspiracy of Silence presentment.

I'm not calling you an idiot, however your view is obviously biased based on the last line you wrote.

Heim, et al, avoided scrutiny because the PA govt was protecting them. The five people interviewed (AF, DD, JM, ST, FP, and FA) in the earliest days of the 2008/2009 investigation all mentioned Sandusky's relationship with TSM, but investigators avoided the charity for TWO YEARS. The investigation into TSM started in January 2011 -- the exact same time Curley and Schultz were interviewed. Curley did not hesitate to mention he reported the incident to TSM.

Ironically, Jerry's hopeful "star witness" at his new trial provided the Feds with great information on the Cars for Kids and other TSM benefit programs. Heim, et al, are far from out of the woods.

Are you in town ?

Towny, Interested in what you have to say although I usually disagree. If I understand you Heim was told back in 2001 [real time and refused to do anything] but C/S/S "lied their asses off" [your words not mine] in 2010 and somehow they are equal villains?
Answer me this: If Heim and JR report JS back in 2001 as they should have [regardless of what MM told C/S] how much abuse is prevented. - ??
If C/S/S tell the story you think they should have told in 2010 how much abuse is prevented? - none

The level of culpability EVEN if you assume the worst of C/S/S isn't close.

Heim and JR and the Second Mile were the ones who should have reported and investigated JS. It was their job and responsibility. The argument that why would they "kill their golden goose" just doesn't hold water. It was their responsibility [morally and legally] who gives a hoot if it was difficult. These guys aren't running organizations to only making easy decisions.
You are better than this. Dukie's response is much more appropriate.

Reactions: MichaelJackSchmidt
Towny, Interested in what you have to say although I usually disagree. If I understand you Heim was told back in 2001 [real time and refused to do anything] but C/S/S "lied their asses off" [your words not mine] in 2010 and somehow they are equal villains?
Answer me this: If Heim and JR report JS back in 2001 as they should have [regardless of what MM told C/S] how much abuse is prevented. - ??
If C/S/S tell the story you think they should have told in 2010 how much abuse is prevented? - none

The level of culpability EVEN if you assume the worst of C/S/S isn't close.

Heim and JR and the Second Mile were the ones who should have reported and investigated JS. It was their job and responsibility. The argument that why would they "kill their golden goose" just doesn't hold water. It was their responsibility [morally and legally] who gives a hoot if it was difficult. These guys aren't running organizations to only making easy decisions.
You are better than this. Dukie's response is much more appropriate.

yes I lump Heim, JR, Harmon, Schultz, Spanier, and Curley in as one. In my opinion they were all on the same page. It isn't my fault the OAG went after only few certain individuals. In 2009 when Jerry was supposed to be arrested within a few weeks no one in their wildest mind ever thought curley schultz and spanier would all eventually be charged with the crimes they have.

Towny, I have asked this about 4 times and you have either not seen it or aren't answering. I thought a few months ago on TOS you indicated you were certain [or faily certain] Harmon was aware of 2001 contemporaneously. True?

yes I lump Heim, JR, Harmon, Schultz, Spanier, and Curley in as one. In my opinion they were all on the same page. It isn't my fault the OAG went after only few certain individuals. In 2009 when Jerry was supposed to be arrested within a few weeks no one in their wildest mind ever thought curley schultz and spanier would all eventually be charged with the crimes they have.

BECAUSE THEY DID NOT COMMIT ANY CRIME.

Are you in town ?
We will be coming in late Friday night and will be at the game Saturday...rain or...cloudy with intermitten rain.

Might be fun to get together Saturday night, if you're available.

Thanks for the response.

So Mr M and Dr D tell Mike to tell Joe and have one vague follow up question and their hands are clean. Curley tells JR and Heim who effectively tell him the same thing Schultz told Mr M and Dr D. ["nothing we can do" and "Nothing we think needs done" and JR and Heim who are both the employer of JS and the group likely responsible for the potential victims do NOTHING.
Mr M and Dr D =clean
C/S/S Heim and JR equally guilty.

Peculiar logic.

Did I read this correctly that Heim is representing Army during the coin toss? I wonder how they feel about being represented by Heim or even if they are aware of this. Would anyone know how to contact Army and how appropriate this would be?

Reactions: ChiTownLion
So, when will Jerry be getting to appear as honorary captain of the PSU team? I'm sure someone at PSU can arrange a furlough.

If we play Army again, can we get Lyndie England as Honorary Captain, If Lt. Wm. Calley is not available? Didn't Tim McVeigh also serve our nation honorably just like Heim?

Sure this is not a Board level concern. What is a board-level concern is that they could F*ck the alumni like this and pretend not to have known what they were doing.
I'm sure you would like to see Hanoi Jane Fonda represent PSU at the next coin toss for an Army/PSU game. You've shown your true colors and for what it's worth you are dead to me much like friends I left behind, but al least I RESPECT them for what they gave - unlike you for whom I have no respect!!

LOL. No special deputy or help from the feds are going to help her beat her perjury charges. Lied to Lanny Davis too.

Ok....Who feels like they have the patience to deal with douchebag CR today?

Just stand up, and raise your hand if you think you do.... anyone??

th

Anyone?

th

Alrighty then.....we'll keep it short and sweet:

"Hey CR......F Off Douchebag!"

Reactions: eloracv
tank.....thanks for your service. God bless those friends of yours that you left behind....

ADVERTISEMENT