ADVERTISEMENT

B Heim honored at Saturday's football game. E-mails sent to ......

BOT members and to Tsunami Sandy.

I will certainly update if any clarifying information is forthcoming

I would suggest others - who are as outraged as I am (OK, who are even 1% as outraged as I am) - do the same.
I think you are being unfair. Didn't he run the well-received and highly effective "cars for CSA victims" program? I think we should name the stadium "Cars for Silence Stadium at Heim family Field." Perhaps I am thinking of someone else?

I would suggest others - who are as outraged as I am (OK, who are even 1% as outraged as I am) - do the same.
Just another middle finger to all of the alums, typical of the current administration. He'll be booed just like Judas Joiner was.

This isn't just old guard.... This is the continuation of ignoring truth.... The continuation of turning the other way ... The continuation of the true narrative that most here don't want to accept.

I would love to hear rays opinion on this. I would love to hear outrage from old guard, from lubrano, from mccombie from the paternos. This to me is mind boggling.

This is beyond sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: eloracv
Just another middle finger to all of the alums, typical of the current administration. He'll be booed just like Judas Joiner was.
FWIW....that big pussy Todd Rucci was "honored" as the coin toss guy a week or so back.

No noticeable booing.....'cause 90% of the folks neither remembered who he "was"......nor his recent role as a toady for the Scoundrels.

I certainly expect that 95% of those in attendance on Saturday won't know C^cks&cker Heim from The Man in the Moon.......but - for sure - whoever made this decision at PSU, certainly was knowingly giving a big FU to all of us.

This is hilarious. As we know, if you hear a rumor in state college, you are guilty by association when the truth comes out. Heim buying off vics with cars has been a rumor for so many years. They were called "awards" from 2nd mile. New car awards.

This is hilarious. As we know, if you hear a rumor in state college, you are guilty by association when the truth comes out. Heim buying off vics with cars has been a rumor for so many years. They were called "awards" from 2nd mile. New car awards.

We all KNOW he was the guy who told Jack R to NOT take the Sandusky situation to the full 2nd Mile Board.......he stated as such. That is just ONE item of which there is no dispute. That unresolved issue ALONE is enough to justify NOT even thinking about going out of the way to extend any type of honorarium to the guy.

Now, he - I am sure - can "explain" and finger-point all day and all night (and, good Lord, I am sure there will be the usual "circle-jerk" team getting their marching orders later this morning.....and invading the board in mass)

But, given the "unsettled" - to say the least - nature of the entire involvement of the 2nd Mile Administration in this entire affair (unsettled, in large part, due to the smokescreen provided by the Scoundrels and their Cohorts)......with Heim up to his neck in the middle of it:

How in the name of Christ can these c&cks&ckers at PSU even THINK about providing some honorarium to f^cking Heim??

Reactions: 91Joe95 and WeR0206
I think you are being unfair. Didn't he run the well-received and highly effective "cars for CSA victims" program? I think we should name the stadium "Cars for Silence Stadium at Heim family Field." Perhaps I am thinking of someone else?
Thanks. My tan pants look great with a coffee stain on them. The keyboard and monitor needed a coffee bath too.

This isn't just old guard.... This is the continuation of ignoring truth.... The continuation of turning the other way ... The continuation of the true narrative that most here don't want to accept.

I would love to hear rays opinion on this. I would love to hear outrage from old guard, from lubrano, from mccombie from the paternos. This to me is mind boggling.

This is beyond sad.

E-mail addresses for all BOT members are here: http://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/psu-board-of-trustee-e-mail-accounts.1674/

Unless/until we know specifically who came up with this "plan".....probably a good first place to write to.
_____

E-mail addresses to PSU Athletic Administration are here: http://www.gopsusports.com/administration/staff-directory.html
I'd guess Tsunami Sandy and Phil Esten would be the top 2 on that list to go to.

_____

After that.....the CDT accepts LTEs......everyone should write to them as well.....
Call in to the WRSC - local radio - morning show (I assume you can locate that info on-line somewhere)......
and branch out from there

We all need to do more "doing".....and not just yapping.

This is beyond sad.

E-mail addresses for all BOT members are here: http://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/psu-board-of-trustee-e-mail-accounts.1674/

Unless/until we know specifically who came up with this "plan".....probably a good first place to write to.
_____

E-mail addresses to PSU Athletic Administration are here: http://www.gopsusports.com/administration/staff-directory.html
I'd guess Tsunami Sandy and Phil Esten would be the top 2 on that list to go to.

_____

After that.....the CDT accepts LTEs......everyone should write to them as well.....
Call in to the WRSC - local radio - morning show (I assume you can locate that info on-line somewhere)......
and branch out from there

We all need to do more "doing".....and not just yapping.

Why would a few rumors be allowed to prevent an esteemed West Point Graduate from being honored before Army vs PSU game

Curley gets a free pass for nominating Jerry for a National Coaching award and hell Jerry was already indicated a Child Sex Abuser

I am sure someone can explain why this is so much different................................

Why would a few rumors be allowed to prevent an esteemed West Point Graduate from being honored before Army vs PSU game

Curley gets a free pass for nominating Jerry for a National Coaching award and hell Jerry was already indicated a Child Sex Abuser

I am sure someone can explain why this is so much different................................
Yes, they could.

But I don't think it would matter :)

This is beyond sad.

Just shaking my head at this point...
-----

- Penn State selected Bruce Heim to represent Army at Military Appreciation day on 10/3/2015.
- Bruce Heim was a long time board member at Sandusky's charity, The Second Mile. He held the title of Director Emeritus when the scandal broke in November 2011.
- Bruce Heim knew in 2001 about Penn State's directive to Sandusky not to bring children on campus any longer to work out or shower. He recommended to Jack Raykovitz, the executive director of The Second Mile, not to take that information to the full board of The Second Mile.
- Shortly after Sandusky was banned from bringing kids to campus, he was provided keys to the fitness facilities at the Hilton Garden Inn, specifically to take Second Mile kids there to work out and swim.
- The Hilton Garden Inn is owned and operated by HAMCO, Hospitality Asset Management Corporation, Inc.
- Bruce Heim is the current VP, partner, owner, and co-founder of HAMCO.

----- 9/30/2015
University to welcome roughly 10,000 to Military Appreciation tailgate | Penn State University
http://news.psu.edu/story/372794/20...-roughly-10000-military-appreciation-tailgate

Bruce K. Heim will represent Army. Heim received a bachelor of science from the U.S. Military Academy, where he earned a varsity letter in football, and earned an MBA in insurance and real estate from Penn State. He served in Vietnam with the 101st Airborne Division, and received the Bronze Star award for meritorious service in connection with ground operations against a hostile force during the period July 2, 1965, to June 29, 1966. He is the founder and chairman of Keystone Real Estate Group, and co-founder/owner/partner of Hospitality Asset Management Co.

----- 8/12/2012
Second Mile board members say they were kept in the dark about Sandusky investigation: Special report, part 3 | PennLive.com
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/second_mile_jerry_sandusky_3.html

According to the grand jury presentment, Curley told Raykovitz only that someone had witnessed something inappropriate, it was investigated and the result was to tell Sandusky not to shower on campus with kids.

Raykovitz in turn told a few members of his staff and the board’s executive members what Curley had told him.

Bruce Heim was one of them.

“It goes right to the heart of what Tim Curley said to the grand jury, and that is that Tim Curley told him that he didn’t want Jerry Sandusky on campus anymore in the showers, because we were in a day and age where that was inappropriate,” Heim said.

Heim asked Raykovitz if anything inappropriate happened between the boy and Sandusky, and Raykovitz answered, "No."

That’s what Raykovitz believed, based on what Curley had told him.

“They looked into it,” Raykovitz told Heim, according to Heim’s memory. “And nothing inappropriate happened.”

Raykovitz then asked Heim — a local real estate investor and someone who isn’t shy about his loyalty to Penn State, the Paterno family and many of the key players in this scandal — if he should relay this to the full board.

“And I said no,” Heim said.

----- 6/12/2012, Mandy Musser's testimony at Sandusky's trial
http://co.centre.pa.us/centreco/media/upload/sandusky_061212_ JT.pdf

Page 112:
Q. How are you employed?
A. I work at Hilton Garden Inn.
Q. Okay. And for how long have you worked there?
A. Ten years.

Page 113:
Q. Okay. And what is your position and what was your position back then?
A. I'm currently the front office manager and I was the front office manager.

Page 114:
Q. Okay. And did you have anything to do with that fitness center, that pool, and the defendant, Jerry Sandusky?
A. I was instructed to issue Mr. Sandusky a key to our pool and fitness center for him to bring Second Mile children over to swim.
Q. And did you do so?
A. Yes, not personally. I instructed my staff at the front desk to do so. When he came there, they were instructed to give him a key to the pool and fitness center for his use.
Q. And to your knowledge was that done?
A. Yes.

-----
It begs the question who directed Mandy Musser, the front office manager, to provide keys to Jerry Sandusky to bring Second Mile kids the fitness facilities at the Hilton Garden Inn.

http://www.hamco4.com/portfolio
The Hilton Garden Inn is owned by HAMCO, Hospitality Asset Management Corporation, Inc.

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Pennsylvania/State-College/bruce-k-heim/51825659.aspx
As noted in this link, Bruce Heim is the current VP of HAMCO.

And, as specifically noted in the first link of Penn State's announcement that Bruce Heim will represent Army at Military Appreciation day: "[Bruce Heim] is the founder and chairman of Keystone Real Estate Group, and co-founder/owner/partner of Hospitality Asset Management Co."

Last edited:

Methinks thou doeth protest too much.

Reactions: 91Joe95

Bruce Heim is not "esteemed" by me.

Nobody is giving Tim Curley any honors. If Heim is treated the same as Curley he needs to face jail time, like Curley is

Bruce Heim is not "esteemed" by me.

Nobody is giving Tim Curley any honors. If Heim is treated the same as Curley he needs to face jail time, like Curley is

In addition to my phone call to the AD's office, I just sent this email to Sandy Barbour and Mr. Esten:

I just heard of the plan to have Bruce Heim represent Army during the pre-game coin toss this week. This is a
colossal mistake that will not soon be forgotten by the alumni of Penn State. I will not recount Mr. Heim's
connection to the Sandusky scandal, as I am certain you are aware. If this is the Board of Trustees way of
"giving it" to the alumni, it is your office that is going to be forever linked with this decision. You will be
hounded by us until the day you both leave State College.

If you thought your decision to criticize the hockey team for wearing a 409 sticker backfired on you, you haven't
seen anything yet. It is incredible such a decision to honor Mr. Heim would be made before any effort to honor
Joe Paterno. Do you know nothing about the mood of the alumni and the people who fill Beaver Stadium every
game. If you want to be known as the AD who oversaw the reduction in attendance from nearly 100,000 every
to something in the area of 50,000 keep making decisions like this.

I suggest you do everything in your power to keep Mr. Heim from appearing on the field or being honored in any
way this week.

Curley got a free pass? Pretty sure he's under indictment, whereas Bruce is living in a mansion on 2nd mile land.

In addition to my phone call to the AD's office, I just sent this email to Sandy Barbour and Mr. Esten:

I just heard of the plan to have Bruce Heim represent Army during the pre-game coin toss this week. This is a
colossal mistake that will not soon be forgotten by the alumni of Penn State. I will not recount Mr. Heim's
connection to the Sandusky scandal, as I am certain you are aware. If this is the Board of Trustees way of
"giving it" to the alumni, it is your office that is going to be forever linked with this decision. You will be
hounded by us until the day you both leave State College.

If you thought your decision to criticize the hockey team for wearing a 409 sticker backfired on you, you haven't
seen anything yet. It is incredible such a decision to honor Mr. Heim would be made before any effort to honor
Joe Paterno. Do you know nothing about the mood of the alumni and the people who fill Beaver Stadium every
game. If you want to be known as the AD who oversaw the reduction in attendance from nearly 100,000 every
to something in the area of 50,000 keep making decisions like this.

I suggest you do everything in your power to keep Mr. Heim from appearing on the field or being honored in any
way this week.

EXCELLENT!

Reactions: nits74
I'm curious on what Lubrano's thoughts are on this subject? How did all of this go down?
It appears to have been driven by members of the BOT.....but not by the BOT acting as a whole in an official capacity.

[I want to make sure anyone involved has the opportunity to address the decision making process before going any further.]

I sent a short but pointed email to Sandy. We'll see if I even get a canned response.

I won't be there this Saturday. Therefore, I need some help. I need someone to boo for me when they flip the coin before the game. Any volunteers?

Reactions: CentrevilleLion
Curley got a free pass? Pretty sure he's under indictment, whereas Bruce is living in a mansion on 2nd mile land.
That is a sweet looking neo-Georgian mansion. If we could afford the upkeep, I'd like to live there.

Last edited:
I'm certainly not an expert on Heim and his involvement in the JS mess. That said, I would think just from an optics point this would have been a nonstarter.

Barron et al say they will honor Paterno but just 'need time' and we hear some say they want to wait until after the trials so nothing new comes out. Yet, they are going to honor Heim who was a Second Mile board member who reportedly told Raykovietz to not inform the whole SM board of the report on JS?

So the guy that did report it up the chain is demonized but the guy who successfully got the report blocked from the full SM BoT is being honored?

There's just no logic to this move- not to mention the massive PR hit they are going to take over this. (Trust me- the Pennlive/ Patriot News and other media scan these sites for stories. You'll likely see it on Pennlive this afternoon or tomorrow am and it will spread).

Where are the alumni reps on this? Should we expect them to get involved? Who exactly suggested/ pushed this move and who approved it?

Last edited:
I sent a short but pointed email to Sandy. We'll see if I even get a canned response.
CALL! 814 865 1086
CALL NOW!
I'm certainly not an expert on Heim and his involvement in the JS mess. That said, I would think just from an optics point this would have been a nonstarter.

Barron et all say they will honor Paterno but just 'need time' and we hear some say they want to wait until after the trials so nothing new comes out. Yet, they are going to honor Heim who was a Second Mile board member who reportedly told Raykovietz to not inform the whole SM board of the report on JS?

So the guy that did report it up the chain is demonized but the guy who successfully got the report blocked from the full SM BoT is being honored?

There's just no logic to this move- not to mention the massive PR hit they are going to take over this. (Trust me- the Pennlive/ Patriot News and other media scan these sites for stories. You'll likely see it on Pennlive this afternoon or tomorrow am and it will spread).

Where are the alumni reps on this? Should we expect them to get involved? Who exactly suggested/ pushed this move and who approved it?

Great sentiments. Might I suggest calling to express those sentiments (please).

You might be surprised (or maybe not) by how this thing was initiated.

Reactions: 91Joe95
CALL! 814 865 1086
CALL NOW!

Great sentiments. Might I suggest calling to express those sentiments (please).

You might be surprised (or maybe not) by how this thing was initiated.

How was this initiated?

Rumors? This has nothing to do with rumors. Bruce Heim told a journalist that he was the person who told Jack Raykovtiz that they didn't need to pursue Tim Curley's report. BRUCE HEIM IS THE PERSON WHO SCREWED UP. The Second Mile was LEGALLY OBLIGATED to pursue that report. Heim and Raykovtiz should have been prosecuted for failure to report. It is complete bullshit that Penn State has been punished because of Bruce Heim's mistake.

And Curley hasn't gotten a "free pass" you idiot. His life has been wrecked.

This is beyond sad.

When the University took Heim's money last year and let The Apartment Store be the sponsor for the Student Section, it was obvious to me that:

1. Sandy B had no idea who Bruce was and no one was going to tell her about him.

2. The Athletic Department is hard up for money and doesn't ask questions when someone offers it to them.

3. The Old Guard and Old Main think this is all going to blow over and that Second Mile won't be implicated (see #1).

4. The Old Guard understands Heim's role and is giving the "dissident alumni" who the proverbial middle finger (AGAIN).

Let's just say that the battle raging in PA between Kane and the corrupt Old Boy network, of which some of our trustees are members, is "going to the mattresses."

Where is Frank Sheeran?

Ray...agreed....Frank said last week that Kane has one "lifeline" left. Any idea who/what that may be? BTW...the gaul of the Old Gd BOT has no limits....

this is not strictly old guard bot... I feel confident big and Ray will back me on this....

Unless only shots on old guard are allowed

Ray...agreed....Frank said last week that Kane has one "lifeline" left. Any idea who/what that may be? BTW...the gaul of the Old Gd BOT has no limits....

She has two lifelines.

First, she can save herself, but to do so will need to hire a Special Deputy.

Second, she can get help from the Feds.

Just got this email back from the AD. Military Appreciation Committee made the decision, but can't find information on membership. That said, I know that Paul Silvis promoted the seats for soldiers program.

Tammy Helwig <tah3@psu.edu>
1:37 PM (12 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Mr. Blehar,

A University-wide committee, the Military Appreciation Week Committee, has been planning events for this week, including celebrations around Saturday’s football game. This decision was not made by the Intercollegiate Athletics staff. The leadership group of the Military Appreciation Week Committee made the decision regarding coin toss participants.

Inquiries or comments should be forwarded to University Strategic Communications at 814-865-7517.

Kind regards,

Tammy Helwig

Administrative Support Assistant

Athletic Director’s Office

Reactions: ChiTownLion
Just got this email back from the AD. Military Appreciation Committee made the decision, but can't find information on membership. That said, I know that Paul Silvis promoted the seats for soldiers program.

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Mr. Blehar,

A University-wide committee, the Military Appreciation Week Committee, has been planning events for this week, including celebrations around Saturday’s football game. This decision was not made by the Intercollegiate Athletics staff. The leadership group of the Military Appreciation Week Committee made the decision regarding coin toss participants.

Inquiries or comments should be forwarded to University Strategic Communications at 814-865-7517.

Kind regards,

Tammy Helwig

Got the same response. I don't care WHO chose him, I care that Penn State approved it.

Reactions: m48tank

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Mr. Blehar,

Kind regards,

Tammy Helwig

Having spoken to Tammy (as have many others), I feel quite certain - obviously - that she was simply the conduit used for that piece of crap....and I feel for her.

But how freaking Orwellian has this place become. NOTHING is the responsibility of ANYONE.

EVERY MOTHER HUMPING FUBAR IS PASSED OFF AS THE WORK OF SOME NAMELESS, FACELESS COMMITTEE! AND NOONE IS RESPONSIBLE!!

Screw that.

Decisions are NOT made by nameless, faceless committees.

They are made by PEOPLE!!! People - here at Penn State - who are apparently sneaky, secretive rat-bastards.

So...all right....every son-of-a-bitch involved in this debacle needs to stand up! Not just one or two of them......every GD one!!

How many folks in Administration at this University are nothing but a bunch of vacuous pussies? (I know, rhetorical question)

In keeping with the "Military" theme:

This University needs a Colonel Slade........but what we get are a bunch of Sgt Bilkos

If I were the gambling sort, I'd bet the farm that Lubrano was unaware and/or became aware at about the same time we did.

This is the sort of thing that wouldn't typically fall under the purview of governance.

That would be my bet/my guess as well. Same for the rest of the alumni-elected trustees. These type of decisions are low-level things that the trustees are not consulted on, notified of, etc.

Reactions: Mary QBA
That would be my bet/my guess as well. Same for the rest of the alumni-elected trustees. These type of decisions are low-level things that the trustees are not consulted on, notified of, etc.

Something has to be done. IDK what. But something significant has to be done.

I am personally not in any position to get anything signficant rolling.

Reactions: m48tank
You are often right Tom........but I can ASSURE you in this instance that is incorrect (that particular sentence).

[Well.....actually.....if we really parsed words......one could actually say that - technically. But hopefully this will all come out in the open soon]

I hope that the folks responsible will stand up and be accountable.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT