ADVERTISEMENT

Awesome Tweet...

I know you guys are just having your fun, but it is a nice accomplishment to get all 10 guys qualified.

Just out of curiosity I made a spreadsheet showing the qualifiers in the B1G.
2vkm653.png

I know you guys are just having your fun, but it is a nice accomplishment to get all 10 guys qualified.

2vkm653.png
I guess you’re right. BTW, your nice spreadsheet shows Ohio State is perfect, and Iowa, Penn State, and Maryland are almost perfect. :)

Last edited:

2vkm653.png
Nice work! Pretty good accomplishment to get nine guys too.

Reactions: liex26
Nice work! Pretty good accomplishment to get nine guys too.
Certainly true. While none of us know for sure, one might suppose PSU had three guys who started their careers as not highly recruited, thin resume guys who may have been paying most of their own way to start. Three different guys never redshirted and one guy who left won a championship.

OSU deserves kudos. They have a really good team filled with what appears to be really good young men.

They should be proud of qualifying All 10 certainly.

Who scores more though:

Malik Heinselman, Luke Pletcher, KeShawn Hayes, Te'Shan Campbell, Ethan Smith, Chase Singletary combined

or

Jason Nolf

Tbh, it's kind of close especially if Pletcher gets caught in the meat grinder that is 133 and doesn't AA.

OSU deserves kudos. They have a really good team filled with what appears to be really good young men.

This though - it can't be stated enough. tOSU kids are all good kids. I can't think of a single one that I would have anything bad to say about. I would be proud if they were Penn State wrestlers and represented us in the same manner. I know we give Tan Tom a lot of crap and sometimes it's warranted but I don't think it's a coincidence the wrestlers that come out of his program represent the sport the right way, on and off the mat.

They should be proud of qualifying All 10 certainly.

Who scores more though:

Malik Heinselman, Luke Pletcher, KeShawn Hayes, Te'Shan Campbell, Ethan Smith, Chase Singletary combined

or

Jason Nolf

Tbh, it's kind of close especially if Pletcher gets caught in the meat grinder that is 133 and doesn't AA.
Funny, I was thinking that might be close if Pletcher placed.

Reactions: ccdiver
Funny, I was thinking that might be close if Pletcher placed.

Nolf has scored:
FR: 22 (placing second)
SO: 27
JR: 23 (on one leg and having to wrestle KemDawg in QFs and I recall he was robbed of NF against Crone)

I'd be shocked if Nolf scored less than 26. He can bonus anybody in this weight class except Alec Pantaleo apparently.

EDIT: I'm not sure he can bonus Hidlay. He comfortably beat him last year injured but Hidlay strikes me similar to Pantaleo in that he is very tough to score a ton on.

I really want to like Tom Ryan the person, but his public persona act makes it hard. All he had to do to achieve this phenomenal program feat of qualifying 10 this year is pull a red-shirt from a kid who clearly isn’t ready for no reason at all. He didn’t win the dual and is going to lose nationals by +30.

Pretty sure Brody would have at least qualified for Nationals as well...not how Cael would have handled it.

Last edited:
Ohio State Wrestling’s social media boasting is about as impactful as Spinal Tap’s boast of being “England's Loudest Band”
Have some respect. After the NCAAs are finished this year Ohio State will be able to correctly and pridefully boast combined Ohio State and Penn State have won the last 9 NCAA team championships.
Rumor has it OSU's social media director worked recently for the University of Minnesota's Athletics PR department.

Last week it was the most twitter interactions. This week it's the most wrestlers in the tournament. At the end of next week it'll be most head coaches in Aruba.

Then it will be stupidest motto,”Positive Infinity” - which means...

Then it will be most corrupt skool list with over-representation on all collegiate ruling and governing committees:
Duh O$U

Nolf has scored:
FR: 22 (placing second)
SO: 27
JR: 23 (on one leg and having to wrestle KemDawg in QFs and I recall he was robbed of NF against Crone)

I'd be shocked if Nolf scored less than 26. He can bonus anybody in this weight class except Alec Pantaleo apparently.

EDIT: I'm not sure he can bonus Hidlay. He comfortably beat him last year injured but Hidlay strikes me similar to Pantaleo in that he is very tough to score a ton on.
Maybe.....but he also likes to prove a point. Hidlay just might look like Micah to Jason by the time that match rolls around.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Minny is cranking it up to 11 for Natty's.

If you add Minnesota‘s score with Nebraska‘s and Iowa State’s, will they beat Penn State? Have to get all your favorite teams in there — at least the D1 ones.

ADVERTISEMENT