ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Boone and Beau Bartlett make Dapper Dan

I disagree with PA getting bonus points at 195 lbs. It might end up at that weight class with USA getting bonus points.
Well, USA has two guys going at 195 also, so you could both be sorta correct.
2nd PA 195 is practically guaranteed to be Luke Stout.

Garcia and Stout are #2 and #3 in the country -- both ahead of either USA rep.

Neither of those guys will bonus Stout. Starocci beat him twice last year and did not score 8 points either time.

Reactions: kevin310
2nd PA 195 is practically guaranteed to be Luke Stout.

Garcia and Stout are #2 and #3 in the country -- both ahead of either USA rep.

Neither of those guys will bonus Stout. Starocci beat him twice last year and did not score 8 points either time.
It should be a good match, Allred is 144-2 with 139 falls.

@El-Jefe pretty much nailed the team.

Missed going prep at 145, but I think everyone did. Not sure I agree with this, although McNeil is #1 or #2 in the country at 145, Handlovic's career finishes are better. I would always give the lean to PIAA over Preps with all else pretty much equal, but they have Green as the honorary coach, so there were some politics at play.

Catka going 220 as I expected. Definitely the right thing to do.

@El-Jefe pretty much nailed the team.

Missed going prep at 145, but I think everyone did. Not sure I agree with this, although McNeil is #1 or #2 in the country at 145, Handlovic's career finishes are better. I would always give the lean to PIAA over Preps with all else pretty much equal, but they have Green as the honorary coach, so there were some politics at play.

Catka going 220 as I expected. Definitely the right thing to do.
Putting a Canadian on the PA team ... yeah, didn't see that coming.

Reactions: dicemen99
I don't agree with that placement for one second.

That said, I do enjoy the wanton Scottishness of a name like Lachlan McNeil.
I'll forgive the pic if he wrestles in a kilt and war paint.

Taking a whack at the results:
PA: 138 x2, 152, 170, 182, 195
USA: 120, 126, 132, 145, 160, 220

PA bonus at 182, 195
USA bonus at 132, 220.

No USA entry at 285 yet - but Catka is #2 nationally and a world team member.
Good stuff, Jefe. John Poznanski did blitz his way through the 182# bracket in Atlantic City and secured OW for the tourney with four pinfalls and a tech. Rutgers is getting an ankle-pickin’ badass here! (he’s also blind in his left eye). Anyways, came across this clip on the RU forum and instantly became a fan of John Poznanski....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT